Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eason's annuals €2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

lau1247 wrote: »
    Got the Beano last week.
    Dandy and Frozen on route.

Still no news about Thomas and Lego (which is actually what I would have preferred over the others :()

Lets hope it comes

Same here. Got Beano. Got an email to say the dandy was dispatch and haven't heard anything about Lego Harry potter.

Got a Roald Dahl book for a fiver too. It's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,325 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Trolls one got cancelled, if this forum is as reliable as I think it is the lol surprise one will be gone also

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Ordered 5 on the 12th January.

FORTNITE ULTIMATE GUIDE BY GAMESWARRIOR 2021 EDITION
    DINOSAURS BY NATURAL HISTORY MUSEUM 2021 EDITION
    UNOFFICIAL FORTNITE ANNUAL 2021
    THOMAS & FRIENDS ANNUAL
    TROLLS ANNUAL 2021

3 have been processed and email from an post today to say delivery within the next 3 days.
    Those 3 were ;

Unofficial Fortnite Annual 2021 (Fs) H/B
    Thomas Annual 2021
    Trolls Annual 2021 (FS) H/B

• Registered Users Posts: 5,037 ✭✭✭mikeecho

I cancelled an order, was refunded, and I'm still receiving some of the books.. what a F U'd system.

I'm still waiting on stuff I actually paid for.

Roll on easons sale 2022.. I'll know better how to work the system .

• Registered Users Posts: 23,241 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Got a notification order (80% of it) was packed the other day for handover to An Post 3 days ago. Hit a message from AN Post just after midnight today abs said it’ll be delivered in the next three days.

No wonder I generally use amazon

• Advertisement

ted1 wrote: »
    Got a notification order (80% of it) was packed the other day for handover to An Post 3 days ago. Hit a message from AN Post just after midnight today abs said it’ll be delivered in the next three days.

No wonder I generally use amazon

I got An Post text yesterday, received the books this morning.

Normally I agree with Amazon, but im still waiting on items ordered on 3rd January. UPS blaming BREXIT.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 eoin317

Got notified that some annuals are back in today, got 5 for €10 with free delivery. Hopefully they arrive!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Got email to say 1,out of 6 cancelled. Not a bad result

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Gerlad

Gerlad wrote: »
    Refund email on Dandy and Fortnite.

One annual received, two others on the way and another two yet to be processed

Last two cancelled and refunded.

Email from An Post overnight that the two processed are on the way.

Gumbo wrote: »
    Ordered 5 on the 12th January.

FORTNITE ULTIMATE GUIDE BY GAMESWARRIOR 2021 EDITION
    DINOSAURS BY NATURAL HISTORY MUSEUM 2021 EDITION
    UNOFFICIAL FORTNITE ANNUAL 2021
    THOMAS & FRIENDS ANNUAL
    TROLLS ANNUAL 2021

3 have been processed and email from an post today to say delivery within the next 3 days.
    Those 3 were ;

Thomas Annual 2021

Just got the mail to confirm Dinosaurs has been cancelled and €2 sent back to credit card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,146 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Gumbo wrote: »
    Those 3 were ;

Thomas Annual 2021

I'll send my kids your way, they wanted the Fortnite one but got the email yesterday morning to say I'll be refunded for that one as it's not available. Received 3 in spits and spurts out of 5 ordered, 1 cancellation order and the other still in the ether.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

OmegaGene wrote: »
    same here, it is a shame but worth a try
    i will be checking dealz for them at some point, they often pop up for €1.50 there

I got that email days ago re dinosaurs annuals. Bizarre how they're only telling you now.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭luvlyjubbly

Looks for 5/5 for me, 2 arrived (Beano & Power Rangers), 3 on their way (Thomas, Dandy & Liverpool)

Surprised!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Caranica wrote: »
    I got that email days ago re dinosaurs annuals. Bizarre how they're only telling you now.

I was only told today too. Ordered on 13th

They’re definitely losing money on this. So much cheaper to give them away, or throw them in a skip. Not like they’re flush with cash either

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

My remaining annuals arrived today. 2x different Fortnite annuals, 1x Dandy and 1x Barcelona. The Beano arrived a few days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Received Thomas, Baby Shark, Power Rangers and Lego Harry Potter annuals. Only one that doesn't look likely is the Dinosaurs one but haven't received the cancellation email yet. 4/5 isn't too bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Deisler

Got 4 out of 6 not bad:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Lego cancelled and refunded this morning. Received dandy, beano and the book I ordered

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

4 cancelled. only one i got was barcelona annual. and only got barcelona to make free delivery. kids too young and since its regarding team now, cant really keep it.

terrible that you dont have the choice to take whole order or none at all. a bit like ordering burgers and burger buns. they cancel the burgers and send you burger buns that you cant do anything with.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭dueaug

Got 4 out of 4. Two delivered this morning, Jacqueline wilson and dandy, got ripleys and beano last week. Happy days. Thanks op.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Levitate

think I got in quite early with order so got beano, baby shark, trolls and Disney frozen. still had a few cancelled such as elf on the shelf and big Irish annual. I suppose for €2 each you can't complain too much even though it's annoying where most of someones order ends up being cancelled.

still a few available on the site as far as I can see if anyone wants to chance their luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Beano came last week, Match and Paw Patrol came today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭lau1247

Lego was what I wanted too. I wasn’t hopeful tho and it hasn’t shipped

Got confirmation that Thomas will be on the way but Lego cancelled. Ah well, went better than I hoped.

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Sixtoes

5/5 delivered. Thanks op.
    Beano Dandy Thomas BabyShark JacquelineWilson

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

3/5 delivered. No Lego ( which is main one I wanted for nephew) no dinosaur. Ah well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

More cancellations this morning. I ordered 2 weeks ago and one by one I’m getting partial refunds every other day

I know it was said in the OP but that’s just poor form. Ordered 2 weeks ago

Waste of mine and their time....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭kindalen

Got 4/5. Happy enough, knew the story when ordering. €8 for 4 annuals delivered is excellent. As long as you don't rely on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

More cancellations this morning. I ordered 2 weeks ago and one by one I’m getting partial refunds every other day

I know it was said in the OP but that’s just poor form. Ordered 2 weeks ago

Waste of mine and their time....

very same, 4 emails and 4th book out of 5 cancelled. Will get a mail on Thursday probably to tell me the 5th is out of stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Dinosaur annual arrived this morning so thankfully that's 5/5. I think last year I ended up with quite a few cancelled so delighted with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,727 ✭✭✭degsie

2 from 2 for me. Thanks OP.

Advertisement