Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

YouTube Premium thread SEE OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Does premium youtube also come with youtube music?

It does. Unfortunately it's not supported on Amazon Echo.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Does premium youtube also come with youtube music?

Or is two different subs?

Same.

I used google play music then it switched to youtube music @ €9.99 per month so this would be a massive saving by signing up to India or Turkey.

Can I transfer over the playlists I built up to the new youtube account.

Any help appreciated.
    Thanks

Should be possible. Cancel your subscription, VPN and start new one from abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,711 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

grogi wrote: »
    Should be possible. Cancel your subscription, VPN and start new one from abroad.

Thanks guys.

I've cancelled my sub so when I renew, I just have to have my VPN set up to Turkey.

No need for new google account, it works similar to the netflix?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

scratch that, sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Thanks for the tip everyone.
    I am now signed up to India saving about 10 euro a month from before.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

My YT premium now says IE beside it.

TheDriver wrote: »

Yes, once you get out of the VPN, it says Ireland.

grogi wrote: »
    Yes, once you get out of the VPN, it says Ireland.

It wasn't saying that until this week, I was getting IN beside it even though no VPN.

I did change my music to Ireland rather than India if that makes a difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Are you being charged Irish rates now?

• Advertisement

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Are you being charged Irish rates now?

Nope, subscription says 129 rupees

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭wiz569

So does mine m8 i wouldn't worry about it :)

Nope, subscription says 129 rupees

Grand job so!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Cheers for that. Signed up through India no bother with a VPN and up and running in a couple of minutes. I don’t need it as I don’t watch enough on YouTube but for less than €2 a month is a bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭sgthighway

The adverts were starting to get a bit excessive so Premium is worth it for just that. Would be nice to have the TV Subscription part too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,905 ✭✭✭dodzy

Folks, once VPN is activated, do I need to change my iTunes Store to India first, enter card details and address, purchase in INR, then flip country back to ireland and turn VON off? That sound about right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

It wasn't saying that until this week, I was getting IN beside it even though no VPN.

I did change my music to Ireland rather than India if that makes a difference?

My YouTube App - premium says Ireland as location but my YouTube Music App still says Turkey and getting Turkish lists.

Went into the app setting and manually turned on location history. Might fix this.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Have YT music subscription on wife's account

Few family members are on same sub

Can I cancel sub and maintain playland and stuff

dodzy wrote: »
    Folks, once VPN is activated, do I need to change my iTunes Store to India first, enter card details and address, purchase in INR, then flip country back to ireland and turn VON off? That sound about right?

iTunes? Do people still actually use iTunes these days? I always found them to be dreadful, oh there's a song I haven't heard in ages.... You must buy the whole album to hear it, eh feck off lads.. or it turns out to be the vocal version blah blah blah..

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭ArrBee

ablelocks wrote: »
    i don't think so - from my ltd reading it looks like the country of your card and the country of the spotify account have to match.
    It's a bit of a faff but for Spotify you need to set up a PayPal account in the target country, which can use your Irish credit card. Then use that PayPal account for Spotify.

You might need to search for pictures of identity documents for the target country to setup your PayPal, but I wouldn't really know anything about that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Have YT music subscription on wife's account

Few family members are on same sub

Can I cancel sub and maintain playland and stuff

*playlists

I switched my VPN to India but it's trying to charge me in dollars. 11.99 per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,562 ✭✭✭shmeee

VPN on, set to India. Youtube Family set up.

Revolut card details entered, India state selected.

My Revolut card is getting a temporary hold of €0.00.

But getting error: Your transaction cannot be completed.

Any help?

*Sorted. Cleared cookies / cache again and went into incognito mode. Didn't actually ask me for an Indian address this time around (only asks what state) and paid via Revoult. Thanks OP.

Ps. I was using IPVanish for Mac as the VPN. Highly recommended VPN, I also have KeepSolid VPN unlimited and I find IPVanish better for both Mac and my Firestick.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,905 ✭✭✭dodzy

Nephster / psicic - great write-ups. Easily done.

As previously stated, first step before going near youtube is setting up the group via google family. I set up 5 earlier on, including daughter who is in Oz, and then headed over to set up the YT premium via VPN/Revolut in10 mins. Painless. Cheer lads.

Make sure you're using youtube.com, as opposed to the YT app

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

Love this forum - it always brings up stuff like this.

Youtube premium and music for €1.46 a month - hard to beat! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

FYI:
    Argentina Price is:-
    119 ARS = €1.15 pm for Youtube Premium
    179 ARS = €1.72 pm for Youtube Premium Family

msmx5 wrote: »
    FYI:
    Excellent. Most VPN don't do Argentina, anyone have a good free VPN for Argentina?
    Edit tunnelbear.
    So how does one change? Cancel with a day to go and then resign up?

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

msmx5 wrote: »
    FYI:
    Excellent. Most VPN don't do Argentina, anyone have a good free VPN for Argentina?
    Edit tunnelbear.
    So how does one change? Cancel with a day to go and then resign up?

hola (free) also works, I tried speedify too but it doesn't have Argentina, I got India to work with Speedify but only after a few goes - showed up as UAE for some reason a number of times but the 129/ 189 INR-€1.46/2.14 isn't as good as ARS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Just signed up there with my revolut which is a VISA, seemed to work fine. Although It might just be the free trial, never had a youtube premium account before.

• Advertisement

So I cancelled my India sub whicg will be active until expiry date. Turned on tunnelbear Arg and went back to YouTube. 2 choices a) renew India from the expiry date or b) buy Argentina from expiry date. Signed up for 119 pesos from my expiry date.
    Used an address I found on Google. Revolut froze card so I unfroze and off we went.
    A bargain becomes a better bargain.
    BASICALLY CANCEL, TURN ON ARG VPN AND REBUY. YOU WONT LOOSE ANY SUBSCRIPTION TIME.

Advertisement