Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Arrow/The Flash/Legends of Tomorrow/Supergirl SUPERTHREAD [***SPOILERS - The CW***]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    1 good mid-season finale in The Flash, 2 great ones in Arrow & Legends Of Tomorrow respectively.

Yup, Arrow and Legends have been leading the pack this season in terms of quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Yup, Arrow and Legends have been leading the pack this season in terms of quality.

Definitely, who knew writing the Hawks off in Legends and a few new additions in the 2nd season would work wonders for the show..

And Arrow, after last season, I kinda soured on it, but it's gotten my interest back..

As for The Flash - It's just starting to rehash the first 2 seasons, really hope it ups it's game in the back half of the season when it returns.

Definitely, who knew writing the Hawks off in Legends and a few new additions in the 2nd season would work wonders for the show..

And Arrow, after last season, I kinda soured on it, but it's gotten my interest back..

As for The Flash - It's just starting to rehash the first 2 seasons, really hope it ups it's game in the back half of the season when it returns.

Speaking of the Legends newbies, I love Vixen and her friendship with Mick, but I have to say that Nate is fast moving up the ranks of my favourite Arrow-verse characters - you can tell Nick Zano is just having a sh*t-tonne of fun playing that part (and I'm happy for him - he kinda seemed to slip off the radar there for the last few years, only popping up in the odd guest appearance, but I've always thought he was a good actor).

Arrow is back to Season 2 level quality and getting better by the week.

While I'm still enjoying Flash in the grand scheme of things, I don't have the same urgency to watch it as I do Arrow, Legends or Supergirl this season, so a bit of a shake up in the second half of the season would be welcomed.

I see your point about Nick Zano (though I'll admit I hadn't heard of him) prior to his joining Legends, it comes across that he's having a ball, same goes with the new Vixen.. Matt Letscher has been a great addition as well..

I only started watching Arrow from Season 2, and Season 5 is matching it in quality, but not quiet overtaking it, unless something drastic happens between the mid season premier through to season finale.

I've taken The Flash (this season anyways) as more bigger picture, what with them tackling Flashpoint and the ripple effects of it, which has been great until now, but I've a feeling there's more surprises to come..

I see your point about Nick Zano (though I'll admit I hadn't heard of him) prior to his joining Legends

He was a series regular for the final three seasons on the possibly forgotten early-mid 00s sitcom What I Like About You, which was a guilty pleasure of mine.

He was also a main character in one of the Final Destination films (either the 4th or the 5th one) and had recurring bit parts in Happy Endings and Cougar Town.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I gotta say, as someone who stopped watching Arrow halfway through season 4 cos of the decline in quality and tentatively gave a few episodes of s5 a shot, the mid season finale was the best episode in the last 3 years.

Supergirl flys again January 23rd

The Flash & Legends Of Tomorrow return on January 24th 2017.

Arrow's back January 25th

Noticed this on Geoff John's Twitter earlier, gonna post it here. Seems there's another DC TV show on the horizon.

https://twitter.com/geoffjohns/status/815448713216692224
    5) More #DCTV @CW_TheFlash @CW_Arrow @Gotham @TheCW_Legends @LuciferonFOX @TheCWSupergirl and many more! One which will be announced soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 60,279 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Constantine hopefully then they can do a crossover with Lucifer.

I'm thinking now they may go with Birds of Prey just because the movies are going with Gotham City Sirens.

Also might they go with Nightwing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,890 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I'm thinking now they may go with Birds of Prey just because the movies are going with Gotham City Sirens.

Also might they go with Nightwing?

It could be Black Lightning that Greg Berlanti is creating for Fox or The Ray that is going to be an animated show like Vixen

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Could it be a superman show with him introduced in supergirl now.

sky88 wrote: »
    Could it be a superman show with him introduced in supergirl now.

It's very unlikely that any hero that is in any of the DC movies will get their own show. Superman will probably never appear in Supergirl again as he was probably used to hype the show as it was on a new network.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

It's very unlikely that any hero that is in any of the DC movies will get their own show. Superman will probably never appear in Supergirl again as he was probably used to hype the show as it was on a new network.

I'm almost positive I read he will return later in the series

I just realized the new show is going to be Powerless which starts next month.

I just realized the new show is going to be Powerless which starts next month.

But Powerless was announced last year and the tweet mentions one to be announced so it must be something new.

All 4 shows renewed for next Season... Not surprising in the least, but nice to have it confirmed...

http://renewcanceltv.com/cw-2017-18-renewals-arrow-flash-supernatural-jane-virgin/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,679 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

All 4 shows renewed for next Season... Not surprising in the least, but nice to have it confirmed...

http://renewcanceltv.com/cw-2017-18-renewals-arrow-flash-supernatural-jane-virgin/

I wonder will the new show go Thursday or will we have to wait a year. Has it been confirmed in will be on CW

I wonder will the new show go Thursday or will we have to wait a year. Has it been confirmed in will be on CW

Well an animated Constantine show was just announced so it could be that. It will be in the same format as Vixen and will be ten minute episodes.

The two part Supergirl/The Flash musical episode will feature the Music Meister, hopefully they get Neil Patrick Harris to play him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Purely based on Flash and LoT, that was a rough return. The latter in particular had its worst episode so far this season.

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    Purely based on Flash and LoT, that was a rough return. The latter in particular had its worst episode so far this season.

You High Bro?

That episode of Legends of Tomorrow was an absolute joy to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,216 ✭✭✭✭Penn

You High Bro?

That episode of Legends of Tomorrow was an absolute joy to watch.

Agreed. It was a lot of fun which is exactly what that show needs to be rather than what they were trying to do last season. I've been enjoying LoT more than Flash this season which is saying a lot.

What made me love The Flash in the first place was how fun it was and unashamedly proud of its source, but that LoT episode for me just jumped the shark on the cringe levels. All the George Lucas stuff, I mean c'money ffs!

The CW have picked up the Black Lightning pilot after Fox passed on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭crazyderk

ok so can someone explain Eobard Thawne to me to the best of current events or correct me if im wrong with the below.

so he was in series 1 of the flash, main bad guy from the future, returned to the past, became wells, created the flash, trained Barry and then erased from history due to the suicide of his grandfather/great grandfather/whatever the relation was.

The flash series then reveals that a version of Eobard still exists due to wibbly wobbly timey wimey time travelling while events happend........anyway.

Barry then goes back to the past stops Eobard, creates flashpoint, reverses flashpoint and then Eobard goes into legends of tomorrow.

Eobard hooks up with Darke and Captain Jack and is trying to rewrite reality as he cant just rewrite history as he is a aberration.

Is that ball park whats happening right now?

a7Yyjg8.gif

crazyderk wrote: »
    ok so can someone explain Eobard Thawne to me to the best of current events or correct me if im wrong with the below.

so he was in series 1 of the flash, main bad guy from the future, returned to the past, became wells, created the flash, trained Barry and then erased from history due to the suicide of his grandfather/great grandfather/whatever the relation was.

The flash series then reveals that a version of Eobard still exists due to wibbly wobbly timey wimey time travelling while events happend........anyway.

Barry then goes back to the past stops Eobard, creates flashpoint, reverses flashpoint and then Eobard goes into legends of tomorrow.

Eobard hooks up with Darke and Captain Jack and is trying to rewrite reality as he cant just rewrite history as he is a aberration.

Is that ball park whats happening right now?

a7Yyjg8.gif

To quote Stein from this week's episode of Legends, "It's a little complicated" :pac:

What I've got is that the Eobard on Legends is a younger version of the Eobard from The Flash Season 1, and this Eobard exists cause speedforce.
    God my head hurts, imagine trying to explain it to someone with no knowledge of the shows.. :pac:

From the Arrowverse wiki on the character
    Posing as Wells, Eobard mentored the Flash to increase his speed so that Eobard could use the hero's connection to the Speed Force to return to his own time. Though his identity was eventually revealed, Eobard moved on with his plan. He was seemingly erased from existence after Eddie killed himself. However, time remnants of Eobard were preserved throughout history by the Speed Force, ensuring that his previous time travels would be left intact.

What I gathered is that in strictly this Earth's terms, when Eddie killed himself, Eobard was erased from the timeliness completely. So the Eobard we see now on LoT isn't what they call a time remnant and isn't so much a younger version of himself.

He's the Eobard that travelled back in time to murder Nora Allen but who was this time thwarted by Barry. He'll only exist until the point in time where Eddie kills himself in the timeline that Barry course corrected. So from what I gather the Eobard on LoT doesn't even have to be murdered; he'll just vanish from thin air when the moment comes.

EDIT I got that wrong as Eddie this time shouldn't have to kill himself. **** it. :pac:

Honestly I've giving up caring and wondering now when it comes to time travel as they just make it up as they go and I just go with the flow and enjoy it.

No one dies when time travel and alternative worlds are involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,216 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah basically because of Flashpoint, Thawne no longer became Wells and helped Barry become the Flash. But... because it was The Flash who caused that to happen the timeline can't just be rewritten to correct it. If Thawne doesn't become Wells and help Barry become The Flash then Barry can't create Flashpoint which is what prevented Thawne becoming Wells.

The easiest way to correct the timeline is to kill Thawne and leave the timeline as it is from Barry's perspective (where Thawne became Wells etc in Season 1), which is why he's now being hunted by Black Flash on behalf of the Speedforce. Thawne can't correct the timeline himself either to prevent himself from being hunted, so rather than changing time, he needs to change reality itself.

Advertisement