Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let's hear your Music !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

PMI wrote: »
    Heres the most recent radio advert I did :)

http://www.prismpromedia.com/pmi/audio/KFM_weather.mp3

It Sponsors the weather every hour on the hour on www.KFMRADIO.com in Kildare....

I have loads of songs too, but they are not on net at mo as most of the songs get pitched for tv/film work.

Very professional fair play :)

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭PMI

Thank you Sir :):o

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Pixie34

Would love peoples feedback on the songs (not the recording!) http://www.myspace.com/jacquiomalley
    All my own original stuff and hoping to record properly soon.
    looking forward to some feedback (I think!!) :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Okay, I'm gonna put myself back out there...a cover of The Jam's "That's Entertainment". Don't wanna say what role I played in the instrumentation just yet!

www.soundclick.com/glasshouserecordings

Remember - Keep it constructive! Or feel my wrath!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

TelePaul wrote: »
    Okay, I'm gonna put myself back out there...a cover of The Jam's "That's Entertainment". Don't wanna say what role I played in the instrumentation just yet!

My favourite song ever !

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭fitz

Finally got the new site finished and online.
    There's a few preview tracks from the album on there to listen to:

www.susiesoho.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Rockshamrover

I like it.

You should have a listen to Morrissey"s version, it's the best down tempo version done in my humble opinion.

fitz wrote: »
    Finally got the new site finished and online.
    There's a few preview tracks from the album on there to listen to:

www.susiesoho.com

Love it all. The whole thing is very polished. I love the artwork for the album too.

Best of luck.

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    My favourite song ever !

What, my version? :P

Didn't know you were a big Paul Weller fan?

What, my version? :P

Didn't know you were a big Paul Weller fan?

I'm a big Jam fan.

So much so that I went to Rome in '07 to see the 2/3rds reformed 'From The Jam'

• Advertisement

I'm a big Jam fan.

So much so that I went to Rome in '07 to see the 2/3rds reformed 'From The Jam'

Bruce is an interesting bassist, but his tone is a bit 'zingy' for me; I hear he changes his strings every day.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭fitz

I'd bring more into the arrangement.
    It's a very long song to stick with the same sparse elements right the way through...the arrangement doesn't develop like it could.
    But a very interesting take on the song...

fitz wrote: »
    I'd bring more into the arrangement.
    It's a very long song to stick with the same sparse elements right the way through...the arrangement doesn't develop like it could.
    But a very interesting take on the song...

It's got a glockenspiel solo, what mroe do you want??? :P

Some strings might be nice actually...hmmm....or a harmonica.

I like it.

You should have a listen to Morrissey"s version, it's the best down tempo version done in my humble opinion.

Here's the version I was talking about. Even more down tempo than your own version, you can't beat a great song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cr5JgUjOhq8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Okay I'm going to throw out a couple for you. Both instrumentals, the first designed to evoke images the second a straightforward Vangelis + Eno style tune.

Recorded when Soundfonts were in thier heyday about 7 or 8 used here, plus a Korg X5DR

http://www.artistserver.com/artist/song.cfm/a/1608/tid/21050/FutureMusicCorp

and more recently a couple of VSTi synths - one mono, one poly.

http://www.artistserver.com/artist/song.cfm/a/1608/tid/19125/FutureMusicCorp

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Johnom23

www.myspace.com/summitbandmusic

Would appreciate views on the recording quality all songs done with either garageband or a Boss 8-Track
    Thanks!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭paulg1770

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acSjbqG-qy4 i wrote this the other day, any input would be great thanks

We just did a quick single with a band called Ever27 knocked out in a day complete with the odd wee detail not quite 100%- we mixed it on a second day - however I think it came out pretty good considering the rush.

Some of you may remember the band Mesner , the singer Brendan's previous band

It's up on our MySpace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Dovers

We just did a quick single with a band called Ever27 knocked out in a day complete with the odd wee detail not quite 100%- we mixed it on a second day - however I think it came out pretty good considering the rush.

Some of you may remember the band Mesner , the singer Brendan's previous band

It's up on our MySpace.

Very good. The singer reminds me of Elvis costello. Very punchy bass and drums. You guys are good at this.

• Advertisement

Dovers wrote: »

Very good songs (all of them) kinda reminds me of early U2, when they were really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭franklyshocked

I'm a Dj with a sideline in production and remixing.
    I'll probably get tore apart by the more serious music types but in the spirit of sharing, here we go:
    http://www.myspace.com/captainrandomremixingltd

Ableton and cool edit pro are my weapons of choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭vinniefly

hey hey, just put up a few rough demos on myspace, let me know what ya think??

cheers

www.myspace.com/vinnieflynn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

lookin for honest opinions, i produce in a range of 'styles' but mostly ambient.
    ive made a good few tracks over the past week. i program all the synths(no presets), same as the beats and everything else. no sample loops used

the 2nd track on my page was made on friday evening, i got some nice piano sample sets, i had to draw in the notes because my midi keyboard is in storage.

thanks to anyone who has a listen,

colm

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭CyanRain

http://www.myspace.com/quariaproject

Experimenting with different styles. Completely experimental and just rough demos. Vocals in "Day" are supposed to be faded and not very clear, adding to the effect of the song. So far, the songs have been taken up well. The guitar part in "Night" is yet to be fused with the rest properly, so t sounds kinda messed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭dasdog

Three basic songs from my B Division collection of this year.

http://www.myspace.com/mischievousdog

Here's a mix /arrange job I did with Joe recently with a band called Fox Avenue.

The lads put it up on their Myspace a week ago and have over 3000 plays already !!

Fair Fecks :D

Have a listen on our MySpace ....
    m_f186c852f72847ba8545ff22cfed0a19.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 mikewally

Hi Guys,

Would really appreciate some feedback, we're about to release our first single a double A-side entitled 'Lock Me up / The Mundanities' on 1st May. the 2 tracks can be heard on our myspace

www.myspace.com/theoutlastknights

any views much appreciated, and if you want to catch us live the launch night is on Fri 1st May @ Radio City. cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭romarr

finally got some tunes someway finished ! ... would appreciate some constructive criticism, comments or feedback

have a listen let me know what you think

www.myspace.com/ronanmarr

ta

ronan

info - blips / bleeps / beats constructed and rough level mixed in ableton, mixed in nuendo, mastered with waves plugins

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Tuff Break

www.myspace.com/economusic

Have a listen...

Advertisement