Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

YouTube Premium thread SEE OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Don't think there's ars wallets on revolut, you have to go with auto.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,562 ✭✭✭shmeee

bluefinger wrote: »
    Just on using revolut. I normally only use it for exchanging sterling so don't know about auto conversion. As I've not used Argentine currency before I'm wondering is it better to have a small amount ARS in your revolut or do people just let revolut do conversion for you?

Only Euro or GBP wallets on Revolut.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭shanec1928

shmeee wrote: »

Since when?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

shmeee wrote: »

You sure about that, or are they the only wallets which you have created? I have 5 different wallets on mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

bluefinger wrote: »
    Just on using revolut. I normally only use it for exchanging sterling so don't know about auto conversion. As I've not used Argentine currency before I'm wondering is it better to have a small amount ARS in your revolut or do people just let revolut do conversion for you?

There are just under 30 currencies that you can hold in wallets with Revolut, but ARS is not one of those so just let the conversion happen on the fly.

Even if you could hold a balance of ARS, based on the slide in value over the last number of years you would probably be better off not doing that - there are no signs of a recovery yet.

eg
    The Family plan works out at ARS179 or
    €1.70 p/m today (23-Jan-2021 rate 0.0095) but would have cost
    €2.68 p/m this time last year (23-Jan-2020 rate 0.0150)

If it keeps slipping like this we might end up getting paid for subscribing! ;-)

• Advertisement

It's scary when you look at premium benefits on the app and suddenly realise my house has watched over 50 hours YouTube in one week.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,871 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

shmeee wrote:

I have mexican, Turkish, sterling and Dollar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,982 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

For my info, has anyone using Argentina for YouTube Premium encountered the Argentinian Government "digital consumption tax" or whatever its called? This has definitely been applied to boardsies using Netflix in Argentina.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,354 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

For my info, has anyone using Argentina for YouTube Premium encountered the Argentinian Government "digital consumption tax" or whatever its called? This has definitely been applied to boardsies using Netflix in Argentina.

Yes. Someone posted about it this week. Might be cheaper to stick with Turkey.

Nope, But I assume it would be in the monthly fee? On a quick google, it seems it applies to netflix/spotify etc but doesn't seem to include youtube?

• Advertisement

I have only paid one month so far and wasn't charged this. Hopefully I won't

Sleeper12 wrote: »

I haven't been charged yet as my turkey month is still ongoing. But if you weren't charged it, then that's the answer.
    From the netflix thread, it seems that it is added on when it is charged rather than at checkout.

Sleeper12 wrote:

TheDriver wrote:
    I haven't been charged yet as my turkey month is still ongoing. But if you weren't charged it, then that's the answer. From the netflix thread, it seems that it is added on when it is charged rather than at checkout.

I'm sorry but I gave misleading information. It's only when you said that you haven't been charged yet, I remembered that they are giving me a month free. They took & refunded 10c from my revolut account. In short, I haven't made a payment yet either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

Just some info.
    For those that managed to get the Deezer turkey accounts and held on to them, they've added a country selector in the app so you can select what country you want your music suggestions to be from.
    I've 2 more years before my current revolut card expires. ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

Youtube premium does seem to be on the AFIP list of non-resident suppliers, so I guess we need to wait for the first payment to be take to be sure. I'll let you know after my first free month.

See this article - some interesting details such as "The liability for the collection and remittance of VAT, in practice, falls on the Argentinian consumer’s payment provider." so are Mastercard Argentina (via Revolut in my case) responsible for collecting the 30% VAT?

Anyway - even with 30% extra VAT the Family plan would only be 7c more expensive than India and at the rate ARS is tanking thats a decreasing figure.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Bill Ponderosa

TheDriver wrote: »
    Fairly crap. Go with tidal.
    However it does allow you to play anything on YouTube as an audio file on the app so if you like those live gig videos, you could like it.

Apparently Tidal doesn't work with Google home.

I've been enjoying YouTube music, got all my playlists moved over with no issues, nice to be able to see the videos, will be hard to move people off Spotify though as they're used to it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Apparently Tidal doesn't work with Google home.

I've been enjoying YouTube music, got all my playlists moved over with no issues, nice to be able to see the videos, will be hard to move people off Spotify though as they're used to it now.

It works by casting to your speaker, including groups, but personally, I like the ease of just talking to the speaker.

Got a month of tidl just to see how it goes for the car with work (I do a lot of travelling) so far seems ok, might even keep it for the price.

But for me, keeping YT premium with music for the house is a must.

McMurphy wrote: »
    It works by casting to your speaker, including groups, but personally, I like the ease of just talking to the speaker.

Got a month of tidl just to see how it goes for the car with work (I do a lot of travelling) so far seems ok, might even keep it for the price.

But for me, keeping YT premium with music for the house is a must.

I have both. When I count up my monthly spend 1.15YT, 1.80 TIDAL, 4.60 Netflix, 2 SSports, its tiny compared to most household spends

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭KTBFFH

If I sign up for a Family account are therre 2 other people here who would like to join? Shoot me a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 13,358 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Do you need to have all the accounts ready when you sub to a family plan or can you add them later?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭coconnellz

Sorry only discovered this thread, Are there any Advantages paying premium than downloading Vance youtube

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Westport Covies

KTBFFH wrote: »
    If I sign up for a Family account are therre 2 other people here who would like to join? Shoot me a PM

Hi, i was lurking and saw your post. I'm a member of Spotify family from here from a couple of years ago and it's been going great.

So I'd like to join your yt family by paypal or revolute, whichever you prefer,

Thanks,
    Peter.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Westport Covies

coconnellz wrote: »
    Sorry only discovered this thread, Are there any Advantages paying premium than downloading Vance youtube

Youtube Vanced is great on Android, but not available on iphone unfortunately. One thing i miss from the Android days

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭coconnellz

Yeah it's a great service gets updated frequently can't complain for free!

coconnellz wrote: »

I watch a lot of YT on TV and firestick so plain simple premium at this price is easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

TheDriver wrote: »
    I have both. When I count up my monthly spend 1.15YT, 1.80 TIDAL, 4.60 Netflix, 2 SSports, its tiny compared to most household spends

Off topic I know but where do I get info on your reference to the " 2 SSports" ?
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Off topic I know but where do I get info on your reference to the " 2 SSports" ?
    Cheers

This thread
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=116055703#post116055703

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭feargantae

Managed to get the student price through an old and somehow still active student email so now paying 79 rupees.

Or a grand total of 89 cent!

Cheers OP :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,982 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

msmx5 wrote: »
    Youtube premium does seem to be on the AFIP list of non-resident suppliers, so I guess we need to wait for the first payment to be take to be sure. I'll let you know after my first free month.

See this article - some interesting details such as "The liability for the collection and remittance of VAT, in practice, falls on the Argentinian consumer’s payment provider." so are Mastercard Argentina (via Revolut in my case) responsible for collecting the 30% VAT?

Anyway - even with 30% extra VAT the Family plan would only be 7c more expensive than India and at the rate ARS is tanking thats a decreasing figure.

Thanks for the info!
    JFYI in the case of Argentinian Netflix the bad news is that the "tax" ends up more like 64% - I think they are now charging both VAT and the new digital tax.

• Advertisement

feargantae wrote:
    Or a grand total of 89 cent!

Ferris, you are my hero! Well done

Advertisement