Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Taylor Swift - Folklore

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭CruelSummer

https://twitter.com/jimmykimmellive/status/1338711663340445696?s=21

Swift on Jimmy Kimmel last night quashing any rumours that there could be a third album related to folklore and evermore.

Happy new Year all, it sure has been a weird one.

https://twitter.com/taylorswift13/status/1344667704372957190?s=21

Evermore Deluxe Edition out today on streaming services. Like 'right where you left me' a lot.

https://twitter.com/taylorswift13/status/1347544605928075265?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 33,727 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Personally love this song.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Artane2002

RobertKK wrote: »
    Personally love this song.

I'm obsessed with this one!!

evermore is my favourite album by her for sure, I hope she continues on making music like this but she likes to switch things up. her songwriting abilities are just something else! nice to see you on this thread by the way ;)

• Advertisement

Gave evermore another listen today, on balance I think I prefer folklore but I must say "marjorie" is probably my favourite song across the two albums.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I still prefer folklore. Right now in my album rankings (recently I've been logging and rating all album listens in an attempt to get me back listening to entire albums rather) I have folklore as 8/10 and evermore at 6/10. The latter is pushing for a bump to 7/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I started listening to it again this week after not doing so since it first came out. My opinion hasn’t changed, I think evermore is even better than folklore. And the bonus track ‘right where you left me’ is a cracker, it’s like the perfect country pop song but so original.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 starsinmyscone

folklore and evermore are two brilliant albums! wasnt a swifty previously, just wasnt paying too much attention - but these two albums are beautiful - they will last forever. reckon these will go into music history as classics!
    Tolerated on evermore is perfection and seven on folkmore , and most of the tracks really - cant find one bad one - definitely albums to play all day every day

I'm really looking forward to her remake of Love Story. I like the song a lot but I prefer her current voice compared to her younger voice. I'm really excited for when she gets round to rerecording reputation even though it probably won't be much different.

• Advertisement

Artane2002 wrote: »
    I'm really looking forward to her remake of Love Story. I like the song a lot but I prefer her current voice compared to her younger voice. I'm really excited for when she gets round to rerecording reputation even though it probably won't be much different.

Me too! She’s really coming up with the goods during this pandemic, two great albums and now re recordings starting with Fearless and six tracks never heard before included. My favourites from that album would be You Belong With Me, White Horse, Change, and of course Love Story:)

Well done to Taylor Swift and team on winning album of the year at the Grammy’s last night. Well deserved and hit just the right notes for the year that was. Cannot see an official upload of her performance as yet, hopefully soon!

Well done to Taylor Swift and team on winning album of the year at the Grammy’s last night. Well deserved and hit just the right notes for the year that was. Cannot see an official upload of her performance as yet, hopefully soon!

I'm very glad that folklore won. I like some of the other albums that were nominated but it just had to be folklore, I would've been pretty annoyed if it was anything else! I loved her performance too, especially willow, which completely blew me away. you can really tell that she loves willow from her performance of it (I'm sure she loves cardigan and august too but willow really stood out to me). I'd like to see evermore winning next year but we've had some impeccable albums over the last few months. I'm not sure if she'll upload an official video of her performance though, not all artists upload their Grammy performances.

I'm very glad that folklore won. I like some of the other albums that were nominated but it just had to be folklore, I would've been pretty annoyed if it was anything else! I loved her performance too, especially willow, which completely blew me away. you can really tell that she loves willow from her performance of it (I'm sure she loves cardigan and august too but willow really stood out to me). I'd like to see evermore winning next year but we've had some impeccable albums over the last few months. I'm not sure if she'll upload an official video of her performance though, not all artists upload their Grammy performances.

I'm wrong about this, she did indeed upload her performance

That embed is not working for me, possibly because of the use of the tag inside the

I'm wrong about this, she did indeed upload her performance

Thanks for that! I hadn't seen it yet as it wasn't uploaded as quickly as some of the other acts. Loved the performance :)

I found it a little jarring but I believe a lot of the Grammy performances were a little off due to how they were put together.

While Taylor may not be lipsyncing per se, I can't help but notice the monumental gap between the sound of what the 3 of them could produce and what my ears were actually hearing. Probably a very silly complaint to have in the world of big budget Grammy performances.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I found it a little jarring but I believe a lot of the Grammy performances were a little off due to how they were put together.

While Taylor may not be lipsyncing per se, I can't help but notice the monumental gap between the sound of what the 3 of them could produce and what my ears were actually hearing. Probably a very silly complaint to have in the world of big budget Grammy performances.

Performances were done remotely on different stages which could impact the sound v visual feed. I don’t notice that at all on the YouTube link.
    Taylor is clearly not lip syncing, you can hear her take a break between lines. She’s a great live act.

Yep, I know it was all done remotely with no audience and I knew she wasn't lip syncing. It's all the additional instrumentation and what sounds like vocal tracks combined with the lo-fi acoustic cabin aesthetic that feels jarring.

Oddly enough, the long pond studio sessions did the same thing to a much lesser extent but it didn't bother me in the slightest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iCw0Jw1bXM

Love this guys first time reviews of Taylors albums. He started at the newest and working his way back.

Been waiting for his review of Red, and in particular "All Too Well" as he's big into how Taylor tells stories in her songs. Safe to say he liked it.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately Taylor's Grammys performance has been blocked from Ireland, which is a shame because I really love it. I found this video though:

Only 4 days until Fearless (Taylor's Version)! :)

Unfortunately Taylor's Grammys performance has been blocked from Ireland, which is a shame because I really love it. I found this video though:

Only 4 days until Fearless (Taylor's Version)! :)

Can’t wait to hear Fearless. I wonder will she change any of the formats of her songs.
    I saw that re the Grammy’s performance. Such a pity, I love it. Think most of the artist’s official links for their performances have been taken down. Thanks for the new link!

Taylor released a new song from "the vault", Mr. Perfectly Fine (Taylor's Version). I love this song :) . I like how she's still continuing with the folklore/evermore aesthetics in terms of the album cover and this lyric video.

Taylor released a new song from "the vault", Mr. Perfectly Fine (Taylor's Version). I love this song :) . I like how she's still continuing with the folklore/evermore aesthetics in terms of the album cover and this lyric video.

Yes I see Aaron Dessner produced ‘You all over me’ also, will be interesting to see will he be involved in other tracks on the album too.

Been listening to the re-recording all morning. On first listen, she's stayed very close the the original with more mature vocals and better sound engineering. Really like the new version of Breathe, Fearless, You Belong with me, White Horse, You're not Sorry, Forever and Always (Piano Version) - although the original Forever and Always piano version probably wins out overall. Change is one song I've always wondered what it could sound like with a different mix of instruments - it has a very strong melody and lyrics.

Absolutely love some of the new Vault songs:
    Keith Urban duet 'That's when' is a standout, followed by 'Don't you'. I like Mr Perfectly Fine too. Hopefully this will be a success and a way for her to gain greater control over her life's work.

https://youtu.be/aOa6D6ku3dM

https://youtu.be/dHdAN4FXzmc

Well done to Taylor on winning her global icon award at the Brits. Richly deserved after two amazing albums & a great re-record in Fearless which also featured very good vault tracks.
    Her words at the acceptance speech are inspirational to many:
    “If you are being met with resistance, that probably means that you are doing something new.

“If you are experiencing turbulence or pressure, that probably means you are rising, and there might be times when you put your whole heart and soul into something and it’s met with cynicism or scepticism.

“You can’t let that crush you, you have to let it fuel you, because we live in a world where anyone has the right to say anything that they want about you at any time, but just please remember that you have the right to prove them wrong.”

1989 next perhaps?

I think 1989 is next, she heavily hinted at it while on the Stephen Colbert show and there was also a snippet from the Wildest Dreams rerecording leaked. I'd love to hear the Red rerecording soon because that's my favourite album from before folklore and evermore.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I think I’m most looking forward to the remake of Speak Now. What a great album, still country but showing a glimpse of the pop superstar she was about to become. Such heartfelt personal lyrics to the songs. Back to December one of my all time favorites.

I think 1989 is next, she heavily hinted at it while on the Stephen Colbert show and there was also a snippet from the Wildest Dreams rerecording leaked. I'd love to hear the Red rerecording soon because that's my favourite album from before folklore and evermore.

I know, 1989 would be a good one to re-release over the summer months. Red was my go to lockdown 1 album - so well written and so many great songs away from the main single releases.

• Advertisement

I think I’m most looking forward to the remake of Speak Now. What a great album, still country but showing a glimpse of the pop superstar she was about to become. Such heartfelt personal lyrics to the songs. Back to December one of my all time favorites.

I love Speak now also, would hope when it does get rereleased I can access all the deluxe / bonus tracks also. Currently on Spotify, I can just play the original release and not the bonus tracks.

Advertisement