Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FIFA 21

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭Damien360

brady12 wrote: »
    Did they improve career mode in FIFA 21 any bit ?

It’s the same. I played the player one for a season. One big thing, I went to Leeds and got my chance there instead of getting loaned out to rubbish so I enjoyed that a bit better. Haven’t tried the manager one yet.

The game is basically the same as the last one. I play all offline as I couldn’t be arsed with the constant quitters. Squad battles for me on UT for a bit of a mix. I find it easier to score this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Has anyone on the PS5 or series X upgraded? Wondering if there's much difference in the overall looks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Has anyone on the PS5 or series X upgraded? Wondering if there's much difference in the overall looks

The graphics/visuals are much improved.

Loading times are so quick now that you barely have a chance to glance at your opponent's squad prior to the game starting.

IMO however the player switching needs tweaking and it also feels like the players are running around on ice-skates at times, making it more difficult to stop suddenly or turn properly. Others may disagree on this point though.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭juansheet

Hi All,

Small bit of help needed. Got a PS5 a few weeks ago and turns out my brother is unable to track one down for my nephew. Looks like il be handing my one over to Santa:). I got Fifa 21 ultimate edition today as that what he wants but I’m going to have a few games of it before I hand it over. I don’t know anything about ultimate team but is it ok for me to play the game for a few weeks before I hand over to him. I’m not going to do something regards ultimate team packs? Etc

Any help appreciated . I really want to test it out for him ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Anyone know if this would work on an Irish account?

https://www.cdkeys.com/fifa-21-ps4-ps5-eu

BrentMused wrote: »
    The graphics/visuals are much improved.

Loading times are so quick now that you barely have a chance to glance at your opponent's squad prior to the game starting.

IMO however the player switching needs tweaking and it also feels like the players are running around on ice-skates at times, making it more difficult to stop suddenly or turn properly. Others may disagree on this point though.

Fully agree with you. Had to change the auto switching to sort it out, got a bit easier after that but my defence is still like bambi on ice.

The new camera mode is pretty cool, thought I'd hate it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,537 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

FIFA 21 (PS5 version) is awful for me. I played my friend in maybe 5 local games last night and I would usually win every game or draw. I won one game 5-1 but lost another 6-3. And other high scoring draws. Defending seems totally off and definitely a lack of control of the game in general. Really not enjoying it.

In addition, lots of stuttering graphics wise during the game like when you make a tackle or take a shot. It feels very much half baked for me. Very disappointed.

FIFA 21 on PS4 was great.

Strange incident in an online game today
    Went up 2nil against someone and they requested to pause but then cancelled.

As soon as this happened my controller scheme changed and I was unable to press start to change anything nor could I use my analogue sticks?

Anyone ever come across similar??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Quick question, maybe not the correct place, but can anyone recommend a decent custom difficulty setting that works well for bridging difficulty gaps?

Im playing career mode exclusively (rarely go online) and find that playing on Professional is boring and usually score 4+ easilly and concede 1 or 2 maybe. But when i switch up to World Class i find the difficulty jump too much where always on the opposite end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Well lads. I'm a PES player, not really a FIFA fan but I see the PS5 version is €25 at the moment.

Is it worth picking up? I tried it with EA access and I actually thought it wasn't bad in coop or offline but 1v1 online is a mess.

I'd only be getting it to play pro clubs, coop with a friend of mine and play a bit offline

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Colemania wrote: »
    Well lads. I'm a PES player, not really a FIFA fan but I see the PS5 version is €25 at the moment.

Is it worth picking up? I tried it with EA access and I actually thought it wasn't bad in coop or offline but 1v1 online is a mess.

I'd only be getting it to play pro clubs, coop with a friend of mine and play a bit offline

Feels like FIFA are heading in a downward spiral. 19, 20 and 21 all terrible.

Have 21 and haven't turned it on since I picked up Pro Evo. Pro Clubs has massive potential but EA don't really care about the game mode.

So I'd say probably not even worth the €25 tbh, wish I had the physical copy to trade in :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

I really thought there would be more chat about fifa 21 !?

Bambi on ice type turning , Handball given where no handball occurs, offside still a joke......

Ui is very messy, and the development addition is pointless, and finicky.

Disappointing game overall ...... but at least they have the players name on the jerseys again ........

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Has anyone noticed some really dubious penalty decisions and resulting red cards since the last update?

py2006 wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed some really dubious penalty decisions and resulting red cards since the last update?

Thats what i meant ....

I even paused the game after peno given for handball (?) , and checked it on the reply from different angles.... no handball....

Stupid little glitches.....
    Like players magically running through the net after scoring.

I like the way the goals shake if you strike them with a shot is good.

py2006 wrote: »

I got a straight red for two consecutive fouls with the same player, the advantage icon was up and I wanted to take him out so slid the second time.

Was given a straight red and it seemed really strange as neither was a red card challenge.

Only one incident of it happening though.

the more i play 21, the less i like it tbh.

At the start of career mode You can use a "Takeover" and awards yourself up to £500mil !
    Easy peasy!

I dont know, it just feels theres something missing/lacking/wrong about the game, just cant warm to it......

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

greenspurs wrote: »
    the more i play 21, the less i like it tbh.

I dont know, it just feels theres something missing/lacking/wrong about the game, just cant warm to it......

Have you played Ultimate team? If you haven't, you aint seen nothing yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

I don't know about anyone else but Im getting ridiculous score lines when I play online...

I only play seasons and I'm in div2 at the moment and every score line is outrageous. I'm talking results like 9-7, 8-4, 10-7, 9-9, 12-10...

Personally for me defending is non existent in the game, especially in the higher divisions where players are actually good, it just can't be done...at least not to any meaningful level.

When a person attacks it seems to be heavily scripted in your favor, for instance in a recent game a player was in my half passing it around trying to break through my defense, I counted five genuine tackles/challenges on my part and every time the ball just deflected back to one of his players or he glitched through me until finally he scored...

So basically close games are decided on one or two pieces of luck, keeper making a save or player hitting the post something like that.

Once again the "Save GAme" didnt actually save game !!.......

2 times... lost 5 games.....

what a PoS this game is.......

Anyone got a Pro Evo for sale ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I downloaded FIFA 21 on Game Pass the other day to try it out. I haven't tried FIFA since maybe 2001 but with the forthcoming demise of PES I thought I'd give it a go.

Is the online play ever smooth? I played 4 matches last night and each one was stuttering and pausing for 2/3 seconds at a time every few moments.

• Administrators Posts: 53,347 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

PS5?

I would say 50% of my games on PS5 have the network quality indicator and a dodgy connection, while I never have problems on Xbox or PC. My internet is rock solid too.

I'm guessing playstation has a lot more players so you've a higher chance of getting matched against someone on a crap connection.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Gamepass is Xbox/PC

Totally missed that bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,667 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

cant say i have ever had a major issue on ps5 but mine is wired which definitely helps

The past few weeks I would say 95% of my Seasons matches are against PSG. I feel I must be the only player left not playing as PSG.

Played 3 games at lunch today. All 3 against PSG. It's getting a bit boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 RogerMorrison

until now if you are still there you will find it interesting

Advertisement