Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Got 81 Gomez, 82 mustafi and 85 matuidi from my starter packs. Matuidi should give me enough coins to make a nice Chinese league squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Nothing but shîte from my reward packs, Kolasinac the most valuable card. Got such a bad mix of players that I can’t even finish some of the more basic SBCs. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I trying the trial on PC for the laugh.
    Out of my free packs I got King and Callum up front and Pjanic who I sold for 16k.
    PC skill level is definitely lower than xbox. I'm just ripping people apart at the moment.
    Now to decide to buy it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Nothing from my packs either....did get Bradley Wright-Phillips but he’s not IF for some reason. Hoping it’ll change by tomorrow.

Just started trading...hard to find a bargain on the first day, but managed to work to 6k, which isn’t bad I guess.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Well i got a whole lotta nothing :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Won't even let me on, says I haven't got a club but obviously I have. Quick google shows I'm not the only one with that problem so hopefully they fix that. If not I don't really mind waiting till release, just makes it harder starting off.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

There are some glitches, I can't see where the player is from, position or anything unless I click player bio.

Can only see chem sub page for each player. Useless at this moment.

Not much luck with bronze pack, but send all players to the club so can do all basic sbcs before the launch.

Edit - there is a button in the top right corner where you can switch view for all cards ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Right, bought enough for 45 packs. Really just want to get an initial slush fund for trading. Gonna put everything into the club for now, sort it afterwards.

Alcacer, Embolo, Mirante, Machis (90 paced LWer from Italy), Buonanotte

Diego Costa! Nice start.
    Pepe Reina
    Shaqiri

Brandt, Zobin, Visca, Lindelof

Asensio! All Spain rares! :P

Deeney, Karsdorp, Ricardo Pereira, Richarlison, Musacchio, Rose, Wilson, Mariano, Rami, Pope

Player pick pack? Oooh. 75-80 rated player....no one in it :P

Talisca. Bellarabi. jarstein, Rebic

Bout 10k from discarding goalkeeper boosts, some contracts, kits. While I didn't get any MASSIVE card, I did well in terms of getting cards to give me a good start for trading. Every rare is going into the transfer pile. Quite happy to play with non-rares for a while.

Oooh, the Portuguese league is so cheap right now. Putting a team together now for round 5k easily.

EDIT: Meh, went to 10k, cause it's set up now and will do me for ages. 45k to trade with now, with plenty still to sell in my TP.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

the chinese league looks the way to go, Bakambu looking incredible value along with a few others.

Not much in the defense though so might need a hybrid of sorts.

• Advertisement

2ic91v.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

2w6gutk.png
    eur51f.png
    2nja87a.png

My end of year Fifa 18 stats.

I already miss the good players!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Does anyone know what that refresh symbol in the top right of the web app is about or for? It goes from 1 to 4 but I don't really know what it's doing

Does anyone know what that refresh symbol in the top right of the web app is about or for? It goes from 1 to 4 but I don't really know what it's doing

Changes player view. You can look at club, league, chem style etc for that player

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Won't even let me on, says I haven't got a club but obviously I have. Quick google shows I'm not the only one with that problem so hopefully they fix that. If not I don't really mind waiting till release, just makes it harder starting off.

Scratch that lads I can't wait that long haha, anyone have a link for EA online chat? Tried tweeting them but no joy.

Rose and Giroud look early decent trading cards 7k profit on three sales in three cycles :)

Into Div five.

Wow, prizes say that top 80% get either two jumbo gold and a mega pack or 2 untraceable mega packs and 4 gold packs.

Changes player view. You can look at club, league, chem style etc for that player

Ah, strange new way to do it since its on every page even when not looking at players

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Any advice for a newbie to trading? I didn't get Fifa 18 until very late (March or April) and could not comprehend how people had coins in their millions. Would like to hit the ground running this year if I get the game in the next few weeks!

Any advice for a newbie to trading? I didn't get Fifa 18 until very late (March or April) and could not comprehend how people had coins in their millions. Would like to hit the ground running this year if I get the game in the next few weeks!

So, basic tip to start off with. Make sure you activate the coin boosts in the EA Catalogue. I think its been worked out you get about 80k from doing that and just playing.

There's going to be loads of different tips and stuff. A large part of things is going to be experimenting and seeing what works, cause you can ask different people in here and get different replies.

I find the most success is simply with buying a load of certain cards, and constant, CONSTANT relisting of them at higher prices. For instance, I bought a few Giroud today for 2200 coins, and have sold 2 already for 4500-4800. Sold two Pope's I bought at 1000 and sold at 1900. When one Pope sold, I replaced him with two more.

This thread over on the Fifa forums has people doing this method

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/408260/trading-with-golds-non-in-form-trading-low-coin-start/p1

Advanced method using IFs.

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/408256/if-trading-guide/p1

Lower budget option is the Bronze Pack Method. Did a write up on it last year.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=104744174&postcount=225

Now, that will be a slower one starting up now, till SBCs come out. But there are some people doing it already.

• Advertisement

You could buy squad fitness cards now for peanuts and resell when the game starts (ps4 option).

There are millions of way doing this, but takes a time.

Fitness card is a small time dealer thing, to be in millions you need to invest in cards with higher returns, totw cards etc.

Everybody has their way. I used to earn 2-3k on a player last year by just applying position change and reselling. Rinse and repeat and have made some cash with no effort. It was just needed for league sbc and most players were too lazy to check other players from the same team but out of position.

Then you have tots investments etc, there is a Lord on this forum who might point you in the right direction with bigger investments, but don't expect money back guarantee solution.

We all try to find a way to profit, and sometimes I find a way accidentally when one of my cards sell too fast ;)

I am small time dealer so won't make millions any time soon.

Edit: Just read the post above mine as the Lord himself has spoken before I finished typing this :)

I know the weekly objective rewards are usually nothing to talk about

But the EPL Manager league consumable is the reward for the weekly objective, talk about trash

I know the weekly objective rewards are usually nothing to talk about

But the EPL Manager league consumable is the reward for the weekly objective, talk about trash

I know, I did that one too :(

Just send them all back to the transfer list as they are useless for sbcs due to chemistry.

wonski wrote: »
    I know, I did that one too :(

Just send them all back to the transfer list as they are useless for sbcs due to chemistry.

I was buying gold defenders for 400 since they'll sell a bit easier with the daily objective being to buy a defender, I knew buying them I'd lose 220 coins once they sell and thought anything I'd get would surely be worth 220 coins but not a bloody league card

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Used silver left-backs from mid-tier leagues for the weekly objective, all for 200-250 each. It’s a long play but at least it’ll turn a good profit down the line, money in the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

What I do is build up, start with fitness cards, then after a while started doing discard ifs, by the time Jan comes around you will have plenty of coins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Got a gold premier league pack as a daily login bonus and got ederson :D
    Only worth 10k but still nice.

Gyan84 wrote: »
    Got a gold premier league pack as a daily login bonus and got ederson :D
    Only worth 10k but still nice.

I got 350 coins. Lucky you.

Getting outbid on everything today to the point it’s not even worth it as profit would only be 100 coins :/

• Advertisement

Giroud is doing really well for me. Buying for 2200, selling one a cycle for 5k. Have 10 of him in my TP now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement