Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fifa 19

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Kiith wrote: »
    I'm assuming all the changes this year are to FUT, and career mode will just be the usual cut and paste job again?

I have that fear to, they do such a ****ty job at it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

There's a serious upgrade in ratings these last few years, for example Fifa 15 had 11 players rated 88 and above, while Fifa 19 will have 41 since todays ratings reveal has Thiago Silva rated 88 at number 41

Probably boosting the ratings across the board to make the cards seem better and more desirable

There's a serious upgrade in ratings these last few years, for example Fifa 15 had 11 players rated 88 and above, while Fifa 19 will have 41 since todays ratings reveal has Thiago Silva rated 88 at number 41

Probably boosting the ratings across the board to make the cards seem better and more desirable

I dont like it, they shouldnt have players like Neymar and co near the likes of Maradonna

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

demo is up , Plays really well I'm looking forward to the full release now , wasn't sure before

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I think it's brilliant. The best Fifa has felt in years. I can't wait to properly set a side up with the new tactics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Having played both the FIFA and PES demos, the former wins this year by a large margin. Really enjoyable gameplay in FIFA this year, hopefully the final game build is fairly similar.

Any demo I've played has been different to the actual release so haven't bothered with them this year or last, hopefully any positive reviews of it turn out to be true since there's so little game mode changes in career mode and fut

I enjoyed the demo the shooting is a massive improvement
    Off course i expect it all to change after massive complaints and by the end of the year it will be back to what it always was

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Where is the best place to pre-order this online?

Smyths €55 if you pre order and collect in store

Thegamecollection will cost I believe £45.95 with £2 delivery, working out close to €55 today, should you need it delivered to you and odds are you’ll get it on release day

Argos had Spiderman for €53 last week but with no ability to pre order or get prices pre release it doesnt make sense compared to Smyths

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Last year I did the whole search Supervalue thing , for the sake of a fiver I just preordered in smyths and I can collect it in my own time rather than running around like a spare prick looking for a copy

• Registered Users Posts: 21,971 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Did I hear there's a five-a-side mode?

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Every year the demo seems really good and then the released game ends up being totally different.

I had a look at the career mode fixes, it annoys me that they still haven't fixed the stupid fixture scheduling where you can end up in ridiculous situations of like 4 games in 7 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

And simple things like a mid winter 3pm kick off and its still bright by the time the match ends.

dan1895 wrote: »
    And simple things like a mid winter 3pm kick off and its still bright by the time the match ends.

Or games on Christmas Day, such minor things but so amateur to be overlooked for so long

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

Is there any reason why you still can't adjust game brightness from in game? The demo is unbelievably bright on PS4 1080p with my Panasonic. You could grow cannabis plants next to the TV when the menus are up. I don't want to use my TV remote to switch to a washed out color mode to simmer it down every time I load the game up.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Cmacc4

Where will be the cheapest place to buy fifa 19?? Just looking for the standard edition

Probably Smyths or Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Manutd623

It will be €50 in SuperValu, which is the cheapest I’ve seen I’m not sure what stores will have it yet, have only seen online that it will be in SuperValu Sutton and Caulfields SuperValu.

• Advertisement

Yeah it can be a gamble. You'll save 4 maybe 5 euro if you get it there. I wouldn't bother my hole though, I'd just reserve it online in Argos on the morning and walk in or pay the deposit in Smyths and head in knowing you'll definitely get it.

Yeah, they never have many copies and usually sell out quickly, so it’s best to put a deposit of €10 to ensure you get a copy of it. Or just get in Argos or smyths as it will only be €55/60 which is still cheaper than GameStop etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Cotts72

any idea when supervalu are going to be selling it?

Cotts72 wrote: »
    any idea when supervalu are going to be selling it?

They will have it on the 28th. I saw on twitter there now that you should check with your local supervalu to see if they will have it in stock as many stores probably won't be getting it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

Have been playing since it came out on PC last Thursday. The AI on ultimate difficulty (career mode) is a lot more fun to play against than the AI previous years. It's extremely easy (for player and AI) to score mad bicycle and scissor kick goals. EA must've made them much easier after Ronaldo and Bale in the Champions League.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Is this out today anywhere lads? Or only for those who preordered a special edition?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭Guffy

O my god.

Spam long shots
    Watch replays

The 10 hour trial was great fun but now that the full game is out its back to the tedium again :(

Im still doing decent enough but its not fun any more already

• Registered Users Posts: 4,954 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Couldn't even fix the referee's kits clashing with teams, twats :(

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Why is it on every attacking indirect free kick, the line of attacking players always take this bizarre step away from goal before starting their run into the box?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭blacknight83

Anyone pre order for switch from smyths ? Got a text today with a bonus code just used it but no idea what it’s given!

Advertisement