Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PES 2019

Options
  • 09-05-2018 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,289 ✭✭✭✭

Release date is 30th August.

https://twitter.com/officialpes/status/994188702317498368?s=19

Announced features and enhancements include new fully licensed leagues (leagues tbc), huge changes to myClub, 11 new skill traits, update dribbling, more player individuality, quick sub mechanics, visible fatigue, new shooting mechanics, enhancements to ball movement and changes to Master League including pre-season tournaments, better negotiations and more licensed leagues.

Game will come in a standard edition and a David Beckham edition which comes with various bonuses.

More details here https://www.konami.com/wepes/2019/eu/en/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Now that I play myclub it might be worth getting the premium edition. Any idea of the prices of each version?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,289 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Only available to preorder now on digital through PS store so will be the usual overpriced offerings.

Seems there's three versions actually:
    Standard (€59.99)
    David Beckham Version (€69.99)
    Legend Version (€79.99)

I imagine it'll retail around 40/45 for the standard version as the last few iterations have been available at that price on TheGameCollection and others.

Only available to preorder now on digital through PS store so will be the usual overpriced offerings.

Seems there's three versions actually:
    Standard (€59.99)
    David Beckham Version (€69.99)
    Legend Version (€79.99)

I imagine it'll retail around 40/45 for the standard version as the last few iterations have been available at that price on TheGameCollection and others.

Being as lazy as me, a digital copy is essential so I don't have to go over to the ps4, find the pes disk and eject the other disk, find the box for it, put it in the box and put the pes disk in the ps4. Over the course of the year it's worth an extra tenner!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

You are one lazy fecker :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,971 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

So they lost the Champions League rights and got the pre season international cup rights

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I have an uncomfortable feeling the new licensed leagues are Scotland, MLS or China.
    I hope that they can update transfers quicker than the past given the release date.
    Will definetly be keeping an eye out for it even if Spiderman, Tomb Raider & Spyro are out not long after

• Registered Users Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

ERG89 wrote: »
    I have an uncomfortable feeling the new licensed leagues are Scotland, MLS or China.
    I hope that they can update transfers quicker than the past given the release date.
    Will definetly be keeping an eye out for it even if Spiderman, Tomb Raider & Spyro are out not long after

I think it's Thailand, J-League, Colombia

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

ERG89 wrote: »

Think you might be on to something there about China, seem to be getting more of those teams licensed each year. I think fifa have the mls licence anyway but seeing as PES already have Argentina, Brazil and Chile, it might well be something like Mexico or Peru!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Ah jesus. Wasting money on China. Its not licences they need to be after its improving the ability for the pes community to add stuff to the game that isn't there.

I'd rather the extra money went on legends than Chinese leagues to be honest.

A stadium editor is a must in my opinion. The number of available stadiums really hurts the likes of master league for Immersion when you play against everyone in the league in the same stadium over and over.

I'd like to see more tactics added as well to be able to play with more styles. Especially for defending.

The stuff about visible fatigue is cool. Also that rising shot from coutinho in the video is nice.

I hope they have a lot more to add to the list before August 30th to be honest. Otherwise I may, may just be tempted to the dark side once again if they manage to sort out their ****e gameplay.

Leagues like china are probably pay konami to get exposure or cost so little the increased sales in china would easily cover it.
    AI and gameplay is the most important for me. And make it easy to modders to do their thing.

• Advertisement

Ah jesus. Wasting money on China. Its not licences they need to be after its improving the ability for the pes community to add stuff to the game that isn't there.

I'd rather the extra money went on legends than Chinese leagues to be honest.

A stadium editor is a must in my opinion. The number of available stadiums really hurts the likes of master league for Immersion when you play against everyone in the league in the same stadium over and over.

I'd like to see more tactics added as well to be able to play with more styles. Especially for defending.

The stuff about visible fatigue is cool. Also that rising shot from coutinho in the video is nice.

I hope they have a lot more to add to the list before August 30th to be honest. Otherwise I may, may just be tempted to the dark side once again if they manage to sort out their ****e gameplay.

If there was a stadium editor it'd have been announced yesterday.

callaway92 wrote: »
    If there was a stadium editor it'd have been announced yesterday.

That's my fear :(

You don't even have to build an editor just have some way the game can load in new stadiums.

I don't know exactly how it would work as I've obviously no experience with it but there has to be a way someone could make a stadium on PC and have a PS4 version of the game be able to load that.

I've seen modders have managed to recreate Old Trafford recently for PC.

I suppose the real question there is would it pay Konami to go through the effort of working that in.

Wasn't there a stadium editor in an older game? Konami like removing good features

There was, although it was very limited. Give people are good in game editor and they'll work wonders or set it up so there's a way to load models into the game.

I pre ordered the ultimate edition through pes 2018. Hope it's not shíte

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Konami really need to include an epic edit mode and exploit the PES Community for all their worth. It's the only way to compete with FIFA in terms of licenses etc.

Wilberto wrote: »
    Konami really need to include an epic edit mode and exploit the PES Community for all their worth. It's the only way to compete with FIFA in terms of licenses etc.

Definitely. Make it really easy to edit, make it so you can edit it on your PC like PES on the PS2. Editing names was so much easier.

Yawn

Nice to have different options but this does nothing for me. Still gonna buy obv

4jTxAz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

2 more leagues to be added.. as long as as they have the team edit and update the menu screens then Im happy..

callaway92 wrote: »
    Yawn

Nice to have different options but this does nothing for me. Still gonna buy obv

4jTxAz.jpg

It's progression I suppose. Still 2 leagues to be announced but can't see them ever getting licences for Bundesliga and EPL. I like having more teams to choose from anyway and more to choose from for the master league players now.

• Advertisement

It's fine. Will be nice to have Celtic and Rangers in I suppose.

They were never going to get the premier league anyway so I wasn't expecting that.

As expected, FIFA19 have the Champions League rights

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

As expected, FIFA19 have the Champions League rights

They'll probably sell it as a separate game again. Money grabbing twats!

Wilberto wrote: »
    They'll probably sell it as a separate game again. Money grabbing twats!

I'm not a fanboy of either as I think competition is great and the lack of it benefits nobody but its quite hysterical to see FIFA fanboys claim that the CL rights combined with FIFA having the rights to Dortmund stadium again will be the death of PES!

I'm not a fanboy of either as I think competition is great and the lack of it benefits nobody but its quite hysterical to see FIFA fanboys claim that the CL rights combined with FIFA having the rights to Dortmund stadium again will be the death of PES!

It's funny alright how they don't realise that if PES dies (which it won't anyway) then EA are literally just going to issue effectively the same game year after year after year, with little or no improvements.

A lack of competition will hurt everyone apart from EA who'll just be lining their already heavily lined pockets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

Rumour is that Pes is also losing the Serie A licence to Fifa

Pretty much how Madden killed all other American football games. Exclusive rights to the NFL and killed off NFL 2k.
    As Wilberto said, it's crazy that people want this. I was on the fifa subreddit last month, loads of people were delighted with the idea PES could fail.

Konami needs a way to improve editing and making it so certain edits like player names, team names and crests work online

Those dipping shots would be a nightmare against a crap keeper, or any keeper for that matter!

• Advertisement

Is the useless cursor changing with L1 gonna change? Absolute mess all year

Advertisement