Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Blackout Rugby - Beginners, look here...

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭flemishgael

VinLieger wrote: »
    Hey just started this yesterday, wondering if the guide posted in the first post still applies? Should i be for players at 15k no matter their salary cost? curious how this works out as most of the players im seeing listed with those stats have a weekly salary of 6k+ which for 4 players will wipe out my budget pretty quickly wont it?
    Hi and welcome,
    It is still pretty accurate. To be competitive most of your team, if not all, should be at 15k CSR and higher. Salary matters though. You will find that very old farts with a High CSR are cheaper and demand lower salaries, but they will also lose CSR so they are a short term solution.
    Look for young players mostly as these will improve.
    Sponsors, members and match revenue all generate money and you arrived just before the new season starts so you will have 2, 3 rounds in the cup for sure.
    At the same time don't go for too good a player as the salary will ill you.
    A lot of people have no facilities, no staff and a team around 12k in average when they start and just collect a lot of money before they splash all out after two seasons and shoot up the rankings.
    If you want to be competitive have a team around 20k in average and fairly young.
    It is more important though that they are in the right positions.
    If the players are in their right positions they will do well.
    Monday friendlies improve your team (IGT) but also cost energy so keep a low intensity in those games (WNIM), but play against teams similar to yours.
    That way they get the maximum in IGT.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

Theres a lot of different ways to play this game the 3 main ones are
    Full senior training facilities and youth academy. this is my preferred one as i like raising players in club and training them and have got to div2 this way. with starting out fresh my suggestion would be buy no one but cut your squad down to 23(this applies to all strategies really) and hire a youth coach, scout and manager and advertise for lvl2 then build lvl1 facilites and advertise for lvl2 ya facility. as soon aslvl2 comes in advertise for lvl3. id use 20stars per scout and any guy near 20 id let run out as they get scouted by your average stars earned which wont be ten for awhile with you. then when lvl3 ya is in id start advertising for senior facilities and work you way up to lvl4. i delay the senior facilites as whats the point of having it if you dont have nay good players
    if you dont want to wait for ya players then id buy three trainees of low csr 10-25k but get untrainables i.e 120kg plus or 202cm+ as there expensive to buy(sometimes youll have someone already in yiur team, i started and had 137kg 17yr old in my ya came out at 12kcsrbut is now 27 and 170k csr.

another popular stategy is forget about ya as you can get a lot of young players on the tm for cheap and just build up your senior facilites till there lvl4 and then you should have a bit saved up to make a decent team(again cut squad down to 23players and bring in three good untrainables trainees) id also get the ya scout to save up stars because if you want a ya in future its handy to have them saved up

and the last main statagy is to not hire any senior or ya staff or facilites ave up money for awhile and go for high csr old guys. this will make you shoot up the rankings and tables faster but you have to rely on the tm to keep rebuying your team as old guys could be dropping csr(id still hire a ya scout here so you could go down this route in future if you wanted)

any questions feel free to ask theres probably terms in that that doesnt make sense to new people

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Is there anyway to learn more about youth players, would I pick up much by reading a whole match report.

I've a 16 year old I scouted at the end of last season. 20 stars, he's played one game but his defense is Admirable. That's all I know, I'd love to know more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

errlloyd wrote: »
    Is there anyway to learn more about youth players, would I pick up much by reading a whole match report.

I've a 16 year old I scouted at the end of last season. 20 stars, he's played one game but his defense is Admirable. That's all I know, I'd love to know more.

The higher level youth manager you get the more skill reveals you get per week. Only worth it for your enjoyment as it is not a sensible way to spend money

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭cclampett

VinLieger wrote: »
    Hey just started this yesterday, wondering if the guide posted in the first post still applies? Should i be for players at 15k no matter their salary cost? curious how this works out as most of the players im seeing listed with those stats have a weekly salary of 6k+ which for 4 players will wipe out my budget pretty quickly wont it?
    hi, delayed reply but I haven't checked in here in a long time.

many players you look at on the market will be earning their current clubs minimum salary - that is the average salary of a clubs highest 15 earners divided by 2... I think
    the salary will be recalculated after they transfer.

you need to first work out how much you can afford to spend in total on player salaries, and check your finances to see how much is paid out to club chairman etc as well, you need to be coming out with a tidy profit over a season (after taking finances from the 7 home league games and a few cup games into account) so that you can afford things like stadium expansion/training facilities/ savings for future transfers, however you want to develop the club

then try to gauge the average level of player you can afford, now that you know about minimum salaries - in csr its probably around 30k
    a rough way to calculate base salaries is the total number of skills plus experience squared, and add a few percent on top.
    (if a player is half way between skills when salary is calculated, the unseen decimals are calculated too, very heavy and very tall players seem to always be a bit more expensive, so maybe it's in the real calculation too)

finally, you need to consider the teams in your league, spending a bit more might be worth it to win your league, while theres no point having a lot of expensive players if you can win the league with much cheaper ones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭blackpotato

I've looked in documentation and found nothing so I'm wondering...
    Say for example after a match, I have really good stars in the reporters summary but my stars for ruck are terrible. What's the single skill that needs to be trained for a long time to fix that?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

easy answer tech, tho speed helps. also if you have good discipline team you could play more agressive in the tactics

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I'm pretty deleighted. Got promoted to Div 3, lowest CSR in my group by a fair bit. I've still managed to beat the other two slightly weaker teams, both away. So I think I may be able to stay up. The only problem is that I am losing money fairly quickly.

I'll survive this season, but I'll need a big cash injection next season or else I will need to sell some players. Does staying up attract more sponsors? I think I need around 30k income per week for safety.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

errlloyd wrote: »
    I'm pretty deleighted. Got promoted to Div 3, lowest CSR in my group by a fair bit. I've still managed to beat the other two slightly weaker teams, both away. So I think I may be able to stay up. The only problem is that I am losing money fairly quickly.

I'll survive this season, but I'll need a big cash injection next season or else I will need to sell some players. Does staying up attract more sponsors? I think I need around 30k income per week for safety.

you get new sponsors in DIV III so that will be more income and your supporter base will continue to grow. make sure you are managing your stadium correctly. are you selling out all the time?

Advertisement