Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Players for Sale

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

crisco10 wrote: »
    putting Keith Cotter up for sale. 17y/o 21k CSR, 195cm 117kg.

Think he would make a good back row with some training (already high Jumping, defense) but no slots to train him.

Also hoping the sale closing on Saturday afternoon will cause a bit of a rush for him. God knows I need some money.
    You cannot bid on this player

What gives???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

I get that now and again too. No idea why.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Generally, it's if someone has logged in from the same IP address as you, using the account that is selling the player. Obviously, this may not be the case if you only log in from home... but it's usually why. Happens a bit in college. Quite annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭crisco10

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    Generally, it's if someone has logged in from the same IP address as you, using the account that is selling the player. Obviously, this may not be the case if you only log in from home... but it's usually why. Happens a bit in college. Quite annoying.

Yup, also happens me a bit cause of log in from phone...

LOVE IT. signed a fella fro 220k about 3 months ago, wasn't really using him much so thought I would cash in but was so pleasantly surprised to see that in the end he went for 460k!! mental profit considering he was a significantly flawed player. good untrainables but technique was only 7 and strength was 8 I think. All the CSR came from defense and jumping.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,632 ✭✭✭ormond lad

Matthew Dunne
    28 year old back
    offer at moment is $100

Stamina: Limited 4
    Handling: Moderate 5
    Attack: Satisfactory 7
    Defense: Limited 4
    Technique: Decent 8
    Strength: Satisfactory 7
    Jumping: Moderate 5
    Speed: Admirable 10
    Agility: Moderate 5
    Kicking: Despicable 2

ormond lad wrote: »
    Matthew Dunne
    28 year old back
    offer at moment is $100

Stamina: Limited 4
    Handling: Moderate 5
    Attack: Satisfactory 7
    Defense: Limited 4
    Strength: Satisfactory 7
    Jumping: Moderate 5
    Speed: Admirable 10
    also have this guy for sale
    Mikel Trueba
    18 year old back row
    108kg 180cm
    Stamina: Decent 8
    Handling: Average 6
    Attack: Average 6
    Defense: Moderate 5
    Strength: Average 6
    Jumping: Limited 4
    Speed: Limited 4

Paul Canty
    17 years old | 11,715 CSR

Weight 84kg
    Height 181cm
    Right handed, right footed, in satisfactory form.
    An aggressive player, flawless discipline, moderate leadership, and despicable experience.
    Energy: Energised
    Stamina: Limited
    Handling: Decent
    Attack: Reputable
    Defense: Despicable
    Technique: Despicable
    Strength: Moderate
    Jumping: Limited
    Speed: Moderate
    Agility: Decent
    Kicking:Satisfactory

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭daheff

Conor "Hands" Brieve [URL="javascript:shortcut('players','9271076');"]trans.gif[/URL] (For Sale)
    20 y/o (R14, D1) | 106,247 CSR (+2,203) | $12,139 p.w. | 201cm | 125kg | Ireland

Stamina 15
    Attack 10
    Technique 13
    Jumping 15
    Agility 5
    Handling 13
    Defense 12
    Strength 13
    Speed 7
    kicking 1
    http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.php#player=9271076

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

Front row forward - 17yo - 30k CSR

http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.php#player=10347682

Already going for 370k, Auction ends Saturday :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Have a few players for sale at the moment.

Jims, hope you get Sam Dean :)

he wont be coming to me on the cheap thats for sure! how much u think he'll fetch?

TheJims wrote: »
    he wont be coming to me on the cheap thats for sure! how much u think he'll fetch?

It's silly season so who knows, I see Ormand Lad has already gone one better. Out of the five I have for sale, I have three bids.... so new blood coming into the team next season :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

It's silly season so who knows, I see Ormand Lad has already gone one better. Out of the five I have for sale, I have three bids.... so new blood coming into the team next season :)

Love this time of year! :D

ah yes.. Ormond my Tipp Rival.. we shall battle for his signature, n then when I win the bidding war, i shall unleash his potential n run riot up in Nenagh.. :rolleyes:

(cant see myself having enough cash to secure him..)

Love the idea of a bidding war for him, irrespective of what you do with him afterwards lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Gelio

Sold a lad for over half a mil so 1.25m in the bank. Now the challenge is to save it till the end of the season and pick up a bargain and not to spend it all now!

crisco10 wrote: »

"You cannot bid on this player", typical

ajeffares wrote: »
    Sold a lad for over half a mil so 1.25m in the bank. Now the challenge is to save it till the end of the season and pick up a bargain and not to spend it all now!

That's what i did, picked up 3 players for 2m total, would have easily cost twice that now!

• Advertisement

eoferrall wrote: »
    That's what i did, picked up 3 players for 2m total, would have easily cost twice that now!

Its that bit harder now since we're not getting interest on our savings :P :p

Its that bit harder now since we're not getting interest on our savings :P :p

Did it this season, but yeah interest disappeared just as I was in a position to start earning decent interest! :(

Invest in stadium expansion, I aim to have cost recovered by 3/4 way through season and then hit market!

Thats a good idea, do those stadium calculators still work?

Thats a good idea, do those stadium calculators still work?

Kinda, the return part of them is useless now I reckon with the contentment & automated staff levels etc. but the split is still useful I reckon.

I use rest for calculating a range of best estimates basically to get idea of return so can plan better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Back onto topic :p

Need to sell some players as money is tight with no prize money and no match revenue for a few weeks :(

The one I would recommend to a boardsie is Jack Flattery who is a utility back, I haven't spent a lot of effort training him, and maybe at 22 he is a bit old to seriously train, but won't be selling him for less than 25,000 as he's pretty solid and scores regularly enough.

question, why does it come up that you can not bid on certain players again?

for instance Zagatos player above I went to look at and says I can not bid?:confused:

question, why does it come up that you can not bid on certain players again?

for instance Zagatos player above I went to look at and says I can not bid?:confused:

Maybe it's cos I just put him up before I posted the thread?

Zagato wrote: »
    Maybe it's cos I just put him up before I posted the thread?

Still can't bid, ah well! Beltra can have him! ;)

Looked up and its because we have logged in from the same IP address at some point in the past, mechanism to avoid cheating... do i know you in real life now is the question!? haha!

Still can't bid, ah well! Beltra can have him! ;)

Looked up and its because we have logged in from the same IP address at some point in the past, mechanism to avoid cheating... do i know you in real life now is the question!? haha!

I work in UCD, so have logged in from there before -that's probably it

Maybe it only happens while I can still withdraw player? At 14:30 I won't be able to withdraw this player, maybe you'll be able to bid after withdrawal period ends?

• Advertisement

Zagato wrote: »
    I work in UCD, so have logged in from there before -that's probably it

Maybe it only happens while I can still withdraw player? At 14:30 I won't be able to withdraw this player, maybe you'll be able to bid after withdrawal period ends?

UCD could be it, I live close enough and when my internet is down I use UCD's wireless! yes that's how close I live, handy when I was in college!:P

I'll check after 2.30 on that player, else I can never buy one of your players!

Advertisement