Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Anything that allows a cable out will allow water in. Get a sealed one that your can put on your arm or BA and use the speaker on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 pip773

ok i understand your point but that wouldn't work for me as you wouldn't hear it from the noise of the water, and its not music I'm listening to, its timing checkpoint markers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Just get one with an earphone pough and then put it into a ziplock sammich bag. The ziplock bag will keep out the vast majority of what gets in and the real one will keep out the rest. Same Idea of having a big dry bag and putting everything to be kept dry into smaller dry bags

thanks ill try that, sounds like it might work :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

Anything that allows a cable out will allow water in. Get a sealed one that your can put on your arm or BA and use the speaker on the phone.

There are literally hundreds of waterproof cases with headphone jack passthroughs like the Ecopod.

• Advertisement

Donny5 wrote: »
    There are literally hundreds of waterproof cases with headphone jack passthroughs like the Ecopod.

can you use the phone when its in the case or do you need to set it up before you put it in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

pip773 wrote: »
    can you use the phone when its in the case or do you need to set it up before you put it in?

Not with the ecopod. One of the guys I kayak with uses a soft Overboard case that has a headphone passthrough and he can use the touchscreen with that. It doesn't protect against impacts, though.

Advertisement