Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Can these specs handle Oculus rift S

• 23-10-2020 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭

Hi
    I was hoping if someone could tell me if following specs would allow me to use Oculus Rift S
    Thanks
    Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    CPU
    AMD Ryzen 5 3600 42 °C
    Matisse 7nm Technology
    RAM
    16.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1064MHz (15-15-15-36)
    Motherboard
    ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0 (AM4) 39 °C
    Graphics
    SE2417HGX (1920x1080@59Hz)
    8192MB ATI Radeon RX 580 Series (XFX Pine Group) 46 °C
    Storage
    238GB LITEONIT LCS-256M6S 2.5 7mm 256GB (SATA (SSD))
    931GB Hitachi HUA721010KLA330 (SATA ) 38 °C
    3726GB Seagate Expansion+ SCSI Disk Device (USB (SATA) ) 37 °C
    Optical Drives
    No optical disk drives detected
    Audio
    AMD High Definition Audio Device

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

In less detailed games yes. GPU is a bit borderline.

Your memory doesn't seem to be configured properly either it's running at 2133.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭The Witches Cat

In less detailed games yes. GPU is a bit borderline.

Your memory doesn't seem to be configured properly either it's running at 2133.
    Thanks for that. What does that actually mean and how would i fix it? Thanks

Thanks for that. What does that actually mean and how would i fix it? Thanks

Memory has a default speed, usually 2133 or similar and then has an "XMP" profile - it's called something slightly different on some AMD boards. It's just a toggle in the BIOS to get it to run at it's 'advertised' speed. Did you build the machine yourself or was it a prebuilt?

Memory has a default speed, usually 2133 or similar and then has an "XMP" profile - it's called something slightly different on some AMD boards. It's just a toggle in the BIOS to get it to run at it's 'advertised' speed. Did you build the machine yourself or was it a prebuilt?
    A guy in Clonsilla builds and sells them. I bought this one of him last Christmas. Is correcting the memory something i can do myself??? Thanks for your time and replies.

A guy in Clonsilla builds and sells them. I bought this one of him last Christmas. Is correcting the memory something i can do myself??? Thanks for your time and replies.

Get in contact with him and ask him what speed memory is in your PC. It may be that he used 2133 memory, but I doubt it. Once you know that I'll look up your motherboard manual and give you a precis.

• Advertisement

Get in contact with him and ask him what speed memory is in your PC. It may be that he used 2133 memory, but I doubt it. Once you know that I'll look up your motherboard manual and give you a precis.Thanks a million

Get in contact with him and ask him what speed memory is in your PC. It may be that he used 2133 memory, but I doubt it. Once you know that I'll look up your motherboard manual and give you a precis.Thanks a million
    Hi. I sent him a message and he said 2666

Hi there! Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you. It's not really worth changing from 2133 to 2666 it won't make much difference - maybe 2-3% in a very limited number of games. I will post some instructions later once home from work though if you stil want to change it. Bear in mind there is always a risk of the PC not booting when you're changing these settings. You won't break anything but you might need to reset to defaults.

Press F2 when you power on the PC, you can keep pressing it up and down a few times while the PC posts, that will get you into the BIOS.

Scroll over one page to OC Tweaker.

Make sure DRAM Frequency is set to Auto.

Scroll over to the exit screen. Save changes and reset.

Advertisement