Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer for iracing?

• 24-04-2019 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭

Hi all, hopefully somebody here can point me in the right direction. I'm looking to get into Racing Sims. Always been interested in motorsport, and having researched the various sims, iracing has caught my interest in particular. I need to buy a gaming PC and have found two within my price range which I think will do the job.

I have very little knowledge about computers and hope to get the following two questions answered here:

1. Will both of these computers be capable of running iracing?

2.If so which would be the better option and why?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Below I've posted both computers specs and the minimum spec needed as per iracing.com.

Computer 1:
    Intel i7-4790k
    8GB Kingston HyperX Beast RAM
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1
    Gigabyte Z97X-SOC Force motherboard
    Corsair H110 liquid cooler with upgraded Noctua fans
    1TB Seagate HDD
    2TB Seagate HDD
    256GB Samsung 840 Evo SSD
    650W EVGA gold PSU
    Phanteks Enthoo Luxe case with controlled exterior and interior lighting

Computer 2:
    GTX 1050ti 4gb
    AMD 6300 sixcore
    1TB toshiba sata III 3.5 hard drive
    120GB Kingston solid drive
    ASUS B150M PRO GAMING MICRO ATX MOTHERBOARD
    16GB RAM

Minimum requirements:
    Windows 7 SP1 64-Bit*, Windows 8.1 64-Bit, Windows 10 64-Bit
    64-bit Windows
    4 core CPU or better – Some examples (but not limited to): AMD FX-6300, Intel Core i5-4430, Intel Core i5-2320, AMD Ryzen 3 1200
    8 GB of RAM
    A gaming graphics card with at least 2GB of DEDICATED memory – Some examples (but not limited to): Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 @ 2 GB / GTX 1050 or ATI Radeon HD 7850 @ 2GB / AMD RX 550 or better
    10 GB of free disk space (40 GB for all cars and tracks)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Better off posting this on the PC building and upgrading forum.

I don't know much about iRacing but the first build is far better.

Advertisement