Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

• 19-11-2020 1:00pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,030 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks, just to tidy things up and since the other thread is heading towards 10,000 posts, please use to discuss the PS5 if you’re lucky enough to have gotten one.

Please keep posts about orders or stock to the other relevant threads. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,163 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

My friends PlayStation crashed a lot however he wasn't using the provided hdmi cable nor did he wait for Astro to update. So may be worth checking them for the poster having trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,436 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

New shiny console for new shiny thread! Huge thanks once again to Wing for posting the Smyths link when they did. Seeing the madness of the other stock thread, Argos not getting any, Gamestop.... being Gamestop. Thank You!!

Best of luck to everyone still in their search of one. As for me, I'm one happy, happy man.

To Future Zero reading this while waiting for your PS6 to arrive, I hope your year is going better than the absolute ****show that is 2020.

She's a beast, added the Jameson for size comparison :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,267 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Mines downloading ganes at about 3 times the speed my PS4 was, happy days,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    New shiny console for new shiny thread! Huge thanks once again to Wing for posting the Smyths link when they did. Seeing the madness of the other stock thread, Argos not getting any, Gamestop.... being Gamestop. Thank You!!

Best of luck to everyone still in their search of one. As for me, I'm one happy, happy man.

To Future Zero reading this while waiting for your PS6 to arrive, I hope your year is going than the absolute ****show that is 2020.

She's a beast, added the Jameson for size comparison :pac:

Big console is big haha. I have no fckin clue where it's gonna fit on my desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,727 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Now to try and remember my US account password.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭lertsnim

AdamD wrote: »

It is a joy to behold.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,473 ✭✭✭✭Varik

20 minutes into owning it and I'm in safe mode now as the firmware update didn't go well.

I downloaded it off the site while I was waiting for the courier, and updating normally now seems to have worked.

Updating controller now.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

Initial thoughts : very quiet, quick, dualsense is fantastic, Astrobot is lovely. Got the update and transfer from ps4 done pretty quick. The console is big. Cant quite find a satisfying place to put it but whatever!

Now it's time for demons souls!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

DPD just dropped mine off, happy days. Now to set up this big fella!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,430 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Never really had issue with the PS4 downloads, just tended to let the machine handle it in rest mode.....probably not as quick as the Xboxes, but nothing major, but I did like utilising the app to kick off the downloads this morning (hadn't tried it out with the PS4 previous to this).
    Quick, responsive, download queues seem fine (heard some US users concern with this) and fast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,134 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Don't overlook Astro's Playroom just because it's preinstalled and free. It's fantastic. I've just finished the SSD level which was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭TheYardStick

Serious heart in mouth stuff earlier as I saw the DPD van go by and checked the tracking only to see, to my horror, it was marked delivered 5 minutes later. Luckily enough I was able to get through to the depot who put me onto the driver and explained he'd delivered it to a neighbour by mistake.

I've never moved with as much haste and determination in my life. Neighbours must surley have mistaken me for Indiana Jones after the Ark of the Covenant. Anyway, I rescued it in the end without any hassle and have it setting up at home now!

With a bit of luck now that'll be the end of my stress over this fecking console!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,978 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Great to hear. I was happy to see the WiFi capabilities have significantly improved

• Registered Users Posts: 26,555 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Happy console day everyone.

attachment.php?attachmentid=533412&d=1605793266

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭McFly85

Was the first thing I noticed. I set up the console after it arrived and set Demons Souls and MM to download before running off to a meeting, was shocked to see them both ready to go when the meeting was over!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,030 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It brings me no joy in being able to confirm my suspicions that Astro’s Playroom would be a wee lil masterpiece.

Oh did I say no joy? I meant much joy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Now to try and remember my US account password.

I just use LastPass to store all my different passwords. For each of my accounts I just logged into them on the mobile app and then sign in on the console via the QR code, really Handy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

It brings me no joy in being able to confirm my suspicions that Astro’s Playroom would be a wee lil masterpiece.

Oh did I say no joy? I meant much joy :)

I do it for you, I'm your GPU.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

She’s home!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

rm212 wrote: »
    She’s home!

do you like any tea with your milk?

do you like any tea with your milk?

It’s actually quite strong, it’s just the bright lighting in the room.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

http://imgur.com/gallery/lEjOLdL

Nearly had a heart attack with the delivery. DPD dropped it off and we're almost back in the van by the time I got the door open. Brought it in and noticed the damage.

Uh oh...

Wherever hit the box tore all the way through the packaging. Few frantic moments while I check the console... No marks, that's good. Set it up and everything seems to be grand. It's so quiet it's almost unnerving. Have my PS4 stuff downloading.

Not picked a PS5 game yet. Genuinely torn between Spiderman, Demons Souls and Valhalla.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,555 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

fixXxer wrote: »

Nearly had a heart attack with the delivery. DPD dropped it off and we're almost back in the van by the time I got the door open. Brought it in and noticed the damage.

Uh oh...

Wherever hit the box tore all the way through the packaging. Few frantic moments while I check the console... No marks, that's good. Set it up and everything seems to be grand. It's so quiet it's almost unnerving. Have my PS4 stuff downloading.

Not picked a PS5 game yet. Genuinely torn between Spiderman, Demons Souls and Valhalla.

That is absolutely disgraceful!

fixXxer wrote: »

Uh oh...

If you haven't played 2018 Spider-Man, I'd recommend Spider-Man Ultimate Edition, you're getting a next-gen showcase game plus Spider-Man Remastered in one bundle. Be cautious of Demon's Souls if you get frustrated by dying a lot in games, but if you like challenging games it'll be right up your alley.

Valhalla is a good all rounder and I've been enjoying playing it on Series X. It's not revolutionary by any means, but I'm finding it very fun to play through. I'd also recommend making a second US account and buying through that using gift cards bought online, you'll save a fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭VitreousLife

Collected my pre order this morning and managed to nab another PS5 on Amazon for a relative this afternoon

Anyone here have any idea when the new orders placed with Amazon today will be delivered?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,147 ✭✭✭✭Berty

PS5 would drive you mad or at least me.

Didn't get around to turning it on till about 11am even though I had it at 8:28am. Some would be angry to hear that. I was trying to buy another one online, of course I was(Nephew is due one from Santa)

So the Samsung 4K TV really really doesn't like the PS5 and Vice Versa. It really wouldn't accept the system until I had Game mode on, it was a black screen of death for quite a while till I figured it out then told me HDR didn't even work on my TV. That was some other lost time as well. Sorted that. Yes I missed the first power on screen but I got around that by doing a factory reset because of the next issue I created for myself.

Then it stalled the PS4>PS5 Transfer so like a complete idiot I powered one off and for a while bricked the PS4. It got trapped in transfer mode even with multiple restarts, power cable out etc. Eventually found I had to do a Safe Reboot by holding down the power button when off for about 10 seconds and then I updated the firmware and all was good. It was all because I wanted to speed up the transfer by connecting a LAN cable.

For now it's too early to say but I'm coming from a day one PS4 to a day one PS5 so I know I'll like it. I did play a bit of Astro, meh. It is as Meh as the first Astro way back when. Something to entertain yourself while the rest of the your discs/games install I suppose.

Got a few mins into Valhalla, yes it looks great. But I shall return with HDR on and have another look .

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Greenfields40

Hi guys,

Does the ps5 work in the same way if you have one account with playstation plus your other accounts can play online multiplayer also?

I have two psn accounts - one with playstation plus and my main proper psn account that i play on daily.

When i transferred my data and accounts to the ps5 today from my ps4 my other account (does not have ps plus) was not able to play online multi player and it said i needed playstation plus.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 29,436 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Quick blast of Astro, just brilliant, obviously not as special as the VR version but it's still a delight and the DS5 is magical. Going through my settings, i clicked info my account and it said it needed to rebuild the database. Lump in my throat, i clicked okay. Screen went off and back to the home screen. Jesus.

Trying to download my cloud saves but 15 minutes later, it's still calculating remaining time, think it might be stuck.

Have to reposition the telly a bit but managed to squeeze it in.

533429.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭eoh70

Collected my pre order this morning and managed to nab another PS5 on Amazon for a relative this afternoon

Anyone here have any idea when the new orders placed with Amazon today will be delivered?

Did Amazon have them up for sale today?

Advertisement