Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Midlands Venue

Options
  • 25-01-2021 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

Any suggestions for nice wedding venues for around the 100pp mark in the midlands?

Something a little bit different to the typical hotel wedding would be amazing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

bride22 wrote: »
    Hi,

Any suggestions for nice wedding venues for around the 100pp mark in the midlands?

Something a little bit different to the typical hotel wedding would be amazing.

Take a look at Mount Druid. My son and his partner are getting married there in July.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bride22

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I loved the look/feel of Mount Druid. Unfortunately, they do not have any dates that suit us - just shows how good it must be!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Heritage in Laois is stunning

There's loads OP. Ballintubert House is in Stradbally and looks gorgeous. They are exclusive use and have lovely gardens. Your reception would be in a marquee. My favourite is Gloster House in Offaly. Its absolutely beautiful but you'll need deep pockets. The owner is lovely to deal with. For a small wedding Roundwood house in Laois, Mountrath I think, is very quaint and charming.

Enjoy the search :)

Ah I just see you are having a 100 person wedding. Roundwood would be too small so.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭BingCrosbee

Take a look at Mount Druid. My son and his partner are getting married there in July.

The price of drink on the day is outrageous. Ask them for the drinks price list.

• Advertisement

The price of drink on the day is outrageous. Ask them for the drinks price list.

Oh really? I was seriously interested in Mount Druid but himself thought it was too......rustic.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭BingCrosbee

The Barn in Tyrellspass is really beautiful and a great wedding venue and the food is lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭qwerty13

Oh really? I was seriously interested in Mount Druid but himself thought it was too......rustic.

I’d be asking lots of repeated questions re what’s included in the package, and any restrictions they have. Get very clear on both. I say that as a less than impressed former guest, and a relative who found them so unaccomadating that she decided not to book them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Castle Durrow is a nice venue, might be worth checking it out.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Cloughjordan house in N Tipp is worth a look too.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement
Advertisement