Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

TIDAL (Equiv to Spotify) for 1.11/month SEE OP POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Jofspring

You could have a combination of YouTube Music and Tidal for around €3or€4 a month all in and you will pretty much cover every artist possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,446 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Yeah in the same boat here with latest hike in Spotify for family plan, must give Tidal a shot.

For 3 quid a month is that Family Premium or Family HiFi?

Family HiFi is 30 Lira per month, i.e. 3 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,131 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Jofspring wrote: »
    You could have a combination of YouTube Music and Tidal for around €3or€4 a month all in and you will pretty much cover every artist possible.

how much are you paying for youtube music?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

how much are you paying for youtube music?

Think it comes with Youtube Premium.

Other thread somewhere outlining the workaround again. Only a few euro a month.

Soarer wrote: »

ah right so you have to pay for youtube premium as well.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 12,392 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

You're being robbed, I pay 1.10 a month for it.

you are an absolute star.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ExcaliburRisen

Having switched over to TIDAL from Spotify the biggest thing I miss is the selection of podcasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭b318isp

Hococop wrote: »
    Stupid question, would tidal have the same music as spotify or will it have less?

I've found that some tracks are not on Tidal, but on Spotify - and vice versa. For Tidal, I've been very surprised to find albums from the higher end audiophile recording companies (e.g. Linn, Reference Recordings). For me, this is a big win.

• Advertisement

Having switched over to TIDAL from Spotify the biggest thing I miss is the selection of podcasts.

I was thinking the same. Downloaded Podbean then and all bar one of the podcasts I listen to are on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

TheDriver wrote: »
    Tidal is an excellent equivalent to Spotify.
    To get it for approx 1.11 a month, you sign up through Turkey. Actual price is 9.99 Turkish Lira.
    There is a family plan for 1.80 a month whereby you can have 6 members.
    App is similar to spotify. Only downside is that you can't use it on an alexa speaker (unless you have a US account) except through Bluetooth from your phone app.

Steps:
    a) Open a VPN and go to turkey. There are many free VPNs that offer sufficient data for a signup.
    b) Open a browser and open tidal.com. The turkish website should open.
    c) Register and pick your account. 9.99 Turkish Lira for individual account, 14.99 for family account.
    d) after sign up, turn off VPN and enjoy TIDAL.

There are numerous free services that will transfer your playlists between services. I used tunemymusic free service for the once off transfer.

Can this be done with amazon music?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,392 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Go to the cheap prime video thread. I think India prime includes music unlike UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭jbv

Having problems to add card details and subscribe. Using VPN for Turkey. My cards are not accepted, Revolut and disposable card , AIB. Tried on phone and different PC. No luck

I used the info in Soarers post and was able to subscribe to Amazon Music via India. about €1.10 a month. I paid using a revolut card

jbv wrote: »
    Having problems to add card details and subscribe. Using VPN for Turkey. My cards are not accepted, Revolut, AIB. Tried on phone and different PC.

I think I had to create Turkish Lira in my Revolut before mine went through.

Or maybe I didn't have to. But that's what I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭jbv

I think I had to create Turkish Lira in my Revolut before mine went through.

Or maybe I didn't have to. But that's what I did.

I have done that. I even have a balance on it. It doesn't work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Just replying to say thanks OP and I see some folks having problems - I'm all set up in a matter of mins, this is what I did;

Just ahead of downloading a VPN and creating a Tidal account, I needed to create a Revolut account first (yeah I'm late to the party!), then I;

1. Downloaded and added winscribe Chrome extension
    2. Set it to Turkey
    3. Created a Family HiFi account on Tidal.
    4. Used a disposable virtual card on Revolut!
    5. Turned off the VPN.
    6. Downloaded Tidal and logged on.

Thanks again OP!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Just replying to say thanks OP and I see some folks having problems - I'm all set up in a matter of mins, this is what I did;

Just ahead of downloading a VPN and creating a Tidal account, I needed to create a Revolut account first (yeah I'm late to the party!), then I;

1. Downloaded and added winscribe Chrome extension
    2. Set it to Turkey
    3. Created a Family HiFi account on Tidal.
    4. Used a disposable virtual card on Revolut!
    5. Turned off the VPN.
    6. Downloaded Tidal and logged on.

Thanks again OP!!!

If you used a disposable card your payment will fail in the future.

If you used a disposable card your payment will fail in the future.

Think it was valid until 2026.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Think it was valid until 2026.

If it was a disposable card it's gone after one use. It no longer exists. My next disposable card has an expiry date of 04/26.

Once you are signed up though you should be able to.go.in and change your payment method.

If it was a disposable card it's gone after one use. It no longer exists. My next disposable card has an expiry date of 04/26.
    Jofspring wrote: »
    Once you are signed up though you should be able to.go.in and change your payment method.

Cheers guys, I changed it there.

Disposable cards don't work for me. Signed up through my Irish facebook account which may cause an issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭pah

I used a turkish IP with Private Internet Access, signed up through the app which directed me to browser and used my AIB Visa Debit, no bothers.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭surfin_shoes

only disposable cards are working for me, as soon as I change it I am back to the same message

Your transaction could not be completed. This could be due to incorrect credit card details, expired credit card or restrictions from your bank. Please try again or use a different credit card. If you still have problems, please contact the bank that issued your card

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Can anyone tell me how to change the language? I don’t see it in settings. I’m getting emails in Turkish :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Sorry, just another question..

When I try to add a family member, I get the message “the user you are trying to add has a different country associated with his/her account”

Do they have to go through Vpn too or should I add them while I’m on Turkey VPN?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Cd23

PopTarts wrote: »
    Sorry, just another question..

When I try to add a family member, I get the message “the user you are trying to add has a different country associated with his/her account”

Do they have to go through Vpn too or should I add them while I’m on Turkey VPN?

I had the same issue. Turns out my family member had registered their email with tidal in Ireland several years and forgot. Double check the email wasn't used in the past but that's what happend in my case. Just had to use another email to get around it but no VPN needed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭pah

PopTarts wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how to change the language? I don’t see it in settings. I’m getting emails in Turkish :/

Who cares

Advertisement