Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

TIDAL (Equiv to Spotify) for 1.11/month SEE OP POST

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭loopymum

Thanks to the op. I have windscribe so used that and my revolut worked without using the virtual card. Have it downloaded and working on one fire tv stick but it won't launch on the other stick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,981 ✭✭✭ooter

Thank you OP, just signed up for the family plan using my revolut card. Less than €2 a month, proper bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭enviro

dulpit wrote: »
    Great offer, cheers OP. I used tunemymusic to transfer playlist, 17 songs total not transferred, and was very quick to process too.

Thanks I used this also, 2 songs didn't move. Great bargain OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

enviro wrote: »
    Thanks I used this also, 2 songs didn't move. Great bargain OP.
    I found about 5 songs didn't move. I found them on tidal manually, it just didn't pick up the name correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭superflyninja

I did come across an issue on Tidal. The search doesnt seem to pick up user playlists. Thats a right balls. For example searching Spotify for Cobra Kai shows loads of playlists of music from the tv show. Nothing at all on Tidal, just an album or two of cover bands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Fuascailteoir

About 90% reduction on family hifi. Nice one OP

• Registered Users Posts: 15,502 ✭✭✭✭vectra

do you have to pay monthly or can you pay annually?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,963 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Super bargain, thanks OP. Been a Spotify user for many years but at less than €3.50 for a Hi-Fi family account, that's hard to resist- especially when I've been working from home for almost 12 months and listening to my music on a decent Hi-Fi system which is Tidal compatible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

I did come across an issue on Tidal. The search doesnt seem to pick up user playlists. Thats a right balls. For example searching Spotify for Cobra Kai shows loads of playlists of music from the tv show. Nothing at all on Tidal, just an album or two of cover bands.

The biggest attraction of Spotify for me is the selection of playlists. You can search almost any TV show or movie and some nerd will have compiled a complete playlist. Somebody even went to the trouble of making a playlist of all the tunes mentioned in a series of crime novels I read.

Just find them in Spotify and move them to Tidal.

The biggest attraction of Spotify for me is the selection of playlists. You can search almost any TV show or movie and some nerd will have compiled a complete playlist. Somebody even went to the trouble of making a playlist of all the tunes mentioned in a series of crime novels I read.

Just find them in Spotify and move them to Tidal.

Good point. So can you make playlists in free Spotify and then move them?

• Advertisement

TheDriver wrote: »

Not just your own, other playlists that you follow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭John Hutton

Amazing bargain OP. Been on Spotify forever but this is better audio quality, and cheaper. Signed up for family hi fi.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Not just your own, other playlists that you follow.

hmm, i used tunemymusic and only 13 playlists transferred - looks like these were the ones i created. but none of the ones i follow in spotify transferred.

what site do you use?

ablelocks wrote: »
    hmm, i used tunemymusic and only 13 playlists transferred - looks like these were the ones i created. but none of the ones i follow in spotify transferred.

what site do you use?

I used Soundiiz. Paid for one month, moved everything in a couple of hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

ablelocks wrote: »

what site do you use?

Just go to Spotify, create a playlist. Then go to the playlist you follow, highlight all tracks and add to the newly created playlist. Repeat for as many as you need, shouldn't take more than a few minutes. Then import away, job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

Maybe you should change equivalent to alternative in the thread title as Tidal sound wise is far better than Spotify

• Registered Users Posts: 17,414 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

what vpn did people use successfully to sign up?
    I have Nord which doesn't work and I also seen tunnelbear meantioned as not working either.

Blazer wrote: »
    what vpn did people use successfully to sign up?
    I have Nord which doesn't work and I also seen tunnelbear meantioned as not working either.

keepsolid vpnunlimited. I have the lifetime plan which I use for streaming services

also what revolut plan are people using? Im on basic and its not getting accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,102 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

also what revolut plan are people using? Im on basic and its not getting accepted.

I'm on basic with a turkish lira wallet and the virtual card worked for me

• Advertisement

I'm on basic with a turkish lira wallet and the virtual card worked for me

sorry for the questions but I've only ever used the basic revolut..
    I've created a new turkish account and transferred money into it from my default EU account,
    Created a new virtual card but same issue. Am I missing something?
    Do i need to set a primary account etc? Revolut's faq isn't the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭PreCocious

Tidal is an excellent equivalent to Spotify.
    To get it for approx 1.11 a month, you sign up through Turkey. Actual price is 9.99 Turkish Lira.
    There is a family plan for 1.80 a month whereby you can have 6 members.
    App is similar to spotify. Only downside is that you can't use it on an alexa speaker (unless you have a US account) except through Bluetooth from your phone app.

Steps:
    a) Open a VPN and go to turkey. There are many free VPNs that offer sufficient data for a signup.
    b) Open a browser and open tidal.com. The turkish website should open.
    c) Register and pick your account. 9.99 Turkish Lira for individual account, 14.99 for family account.
    d) after sign up, turn off VPN and enjoy TIDAL.

There are numerous free services that will transfer your playlists between services. I used tunemymusic free service for the once off transfer.

Thanks for sharing this and especially the recommendation for tunemymusic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭irelandrover

I use Windscribe and the basic revolut. It doesnt work if you already had a tidal account. I had to sign up using a new email.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,423 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

You can actually get 4 months for 4 euro legit on Tidal at the moment, so actually cheaper but only for a limited time obviously.

yeah did that///ah screw it...couldn't be bothered anymore dicking around with it.
    thanks anyway for the help :)

sorry for the questions but I've only ever used the basic revolut..
    I've created a new turkish account and transferred money into it from my default EU account,
    Created a new virtual card but same issue. Am I missing something?
    Do i need to set a primary account etc? Revolut's faq isn't the best.

you have the same setup as me. I dont think I can help further, sorry.

you have the same setup as me. I don't think I can help further, sorry.

no worries good sir :) thank you for your patience.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,265 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Delighted with this. I took the Hi-Fi option as I have a high end dac inbuilt on my phone. So just over €2 euro a month. Just listening now to some David Bowie Remasterd with my Sennhisers. Fantasitc!

Anyway Windscribe was really slow so I downloaded to my phone expressvpn which gave a 7 day trial and thethered it to my PC and signed up easily. I used my reg bank debit card and went though fine although I'm not sure if they procced a payment as I think I'm getting a free month trial first and I wasn't asked for any kind of further verification from my bank as I usually get.

AllForIt wrote: »
    Delighted with this. I took the Hi-Fi option as I have a high end dac inbuilt on my phone. So just over €2 euro a month. Just listening now to some David Bowie Remasterd with my Sennhisers. Fantasitc!

Anyway Windscribe was really slow so I downloaded to my phone expressvpn which gave a 7 day trial and thethered it to my PC and signed up easily. I used my reg bank debit card and went though fine although I'm not sure if they procced a payment as I think I'm getting a free month trial first and I wasn't asked for any kind of further verification from my bank as I usually get.

revolut froze my card when i was asked for the first real payment. Quick unfreeze and all was good.
    Same happened for youtube turkey and youtube argentina

• Advertisement

revolut froze my card when i was asked for the first real payment. Quick unfreeze and all was good.
    Same happened for youtube turkey and youtube argentina

They put a charge of 0 TL on my card and later reverted it.

Advertisement