Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Castle Farm Dunboyne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

BrosnanL27 wrote: »
    Hey and welcome!!

I'm not sure if anyone has moved in yet on that front row. They were supposed to be in this month but with the site shut down it may not have gone to plan. Have you been told your place will still be ready in March? Our place was supposed to be March too.

That's great to hear that they're going to change the kitchen cabinet to fit the double oven - this is something we want too so I will definitely request it! So you'll have the double oven and then the microwave on top?

Sounds like it's going to be a lovely little estate, can't wait to move in!

It is in a perfect location (for me) although we arent buying. But at the back of the estate ye have a some type of commonage area used by the locals for walking - i havent been but by all accounts its very nice. Only across from the train station (if required of course). Still "country" but very close to everything.

Once the village opens up again Bradys is a top spot for a pint.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Harleyheels_92

Hey and welcome!!

I'm not sure if anyone has moved in yet on that front row. They were supposed to be in this month but with the site shut down it may not have gone to plan. Have you been told your place will still be ready in March? Our place was supposed to be March too.

That's great to hear that they're going to change the kitchen cabinet to fit the double oven - this is something we want too so I will definitely request it! So you'll have the double oven and then the microwave on top?

Sounds like it's going to be a lovely little estate, can't wait to move in!

We haven’t been given an updated completion date as of yet but I will probably ask for one soon so we know what to expect.

Yes double oven and microwave on top, it was no hassle at all, foreman said it would be no trouble!

It is in a perfect location (for me) although we arent buying. But at the back of the estate ye have a some type of commonage area used by the locals for walking - i havent been but by all accounts its very nice. Only across from the train station (if required of course). Still "country" but very close to everything.

Once the village opens up again Bradys is a top spot for a pint.

It’s ideal for me as I work in Dublin so the train station across the road is perfect!

Have never been to Brady’s before, but I’ve been to O’Dwyer’s a couple of times for birthdays and it seemed like a good spot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Raighne01

Hello everyone! I set up an account to keep an eye on this thread. I am buying a 3 bed terrace due to be completed in March. Has anyone who bought one of the front houses moved in yet? Trying to gauge when we need to do the dreaded IKEA trip (when it opens)!

Also re people asking about requests for changes, we have asked the builder to fill in the recess that is in the sitting room for a fireplace as we don’t want one, we will be putting a TV unit there instead, and we have also asked for the kitchen cabinet to be changed to fit a double oven and built in microwave, as the show house only had space for a single oven and microwave.

Looking forward to moving in with all my new neighbours!!

Hi! We're buying one of the houses in the front row. Sale was supposed to be closed by the end of this month but the site being closed delayed things. We got word today that the house is ready for final inspection/valuation so hopefully we will have the keys in the next few weeks!

Raighne01 wrote: »
    Hi! We're buying one of the houses in the front row. Sale was supposed to be closed by the end of this month but the site being closed delayed things. We got word today that the house is ready for final inspection/valuation so hopefully we will have the keys in the next few weeks!

That’s great congrats! Hopefully it won’t be too much longer for you and for us on the road behind!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 FiReBoLt81

Hello fellow Castlefarmers!

Does anyone have a version of the floorplans with detailed walls measures? Online I can just find the ones indicating square meters only, but that doesn’t help much if one wants to start thinking about furniture!

Thanks a lot! 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭BrosnanL27

That's great to hear, congrats! Would be great if you could keep us all updated on how things go please!

FiReBoLt81 wrote: »

Does anyone have a version of the floorplans with detailed walls measures? Online I can just find the ones indicating square meters only, but that doesn’t help much if one wants to start thinking about furniture!

Thanks a lot! ��

Hey

I asked the estate agent for this a while back and she said they cannot provide them annoyingly. She said we're more than welcome to visit the show house and take measurements ourselves (but I don't know if that can happen now with restrictions in place).

That's great to hear, congrats! Would be great if you could keep us all updated on how things go please!

Thanks very much! Ya, that's no problem at all!

Thanks a lot! ��

Hi, we visited the 3 bed terrace show house before Christmas and took some measurements for flooring, curtains, etc. If you PM me your email address I can send them onto you :)

• Advertisement

Hi, we visited the 3 bed terrace show house before Christmas and took some measurements for flooring, curtains, etc. If you PM me your email address I can send them onto you :)

That’s great! Thanks a lot! Just sent you a PM! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Jacobs_Stripe

Hi all, I am loving the Castle Farm new builds and would definitely be interested in the phase this Spring 2021.

However I noticed in the site map that it contains a Block G and Block F just at the open play area by The Paddocks.

Does anyone know what is this, could it be apartments?

Has anyone on this thread moved in yet, what is your thoughts so far on the estate and the area? How is the commute to Dublin via car and train!

TIA! :)

Hi all, I am loving the Castle Farm new builds and would definitely be interested in the phase this Spring 2021.

However I noticed in the site map that it contains a Block G and Block F just at the open play area by The Paddocks.

Does anyone know what is this, could it be apartments?

Has anyone on this thread moved in yet, what is your thoughts so far on the estate and the area? How is the commute to Dublin via car and train!

TIA! :)

Yes, blocks F and G are planned to be apartments.

Nobody has moved into any of the houses yet, the sale of the houses in the first phase are due to be closed in the next week or two.

Dunboyne is lovely area! I can't comment on the commute as mine is in the opposite direction!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Jacobs_Stripe

Do you know any details on the apartment blocks? Will they be high rise or just a few stories?

Thanks for your help :) They look fab!

Yes, blocks F and G are planned to be apartments.

Nobody has moved into any of the houses yet, the sale of the houses in the first phase are due to be closed in the next week or two.

Dunboyne is lovely area! I can't comment on the commute as mine is in the opposite direction!

Do you know any details on the apartment blocks? Will they be high rise or just a few stories?

Thanks for your help :) They look fab!

I believe there will only be about 40 apartments in the two apartment blocks, and this is where the social housing will be. Planning permission only allows for approximately 40 apartments at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 WJ123

Hi,

Interested in buying in this estate.

Does anyone have a link to the planning permission for the site ? I’m looking to find out how many houses and phases are planned for the site.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

The site plan on the website is the complete development, all phases
    http://castlefarmdunboyne.ie/castlefarm_siteplan_new-homes-dunboyne/

WJ123 wrote: »
    Hi,

Interested in buying in this estate.

Does anyone have a link to the planning permission for the site ? I’m looking to find out how many houses and phases are planned for the site.

Thanks

Try here! http://idocswebdpss.meathcoco.ie/iDocsWebDPSS/listFiles.aspx?catalog=planning&id=RA180561

• Registered Users Posts: 14 househunter21

Hi,

Thanks to everyone who has left some really helpful information in the thread so far! We're interested in the 3 bed and 4 bed in the upcoming phase. Does anyone know which rows are actually built and what section is being released in the next month or two? Looked at the site plan but can't make it out.

Units 43-51 were released at start of December
    1-12 or 13-22 will be in next phase. The developer releases small amount at a time.

Demand is very high, all units sold within 3 hours of release.
    Register your interest with Sherry Fitz and be on the phone the second they are available. It's first come first reserved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭niniboots

A really nice estate & we feel builder has added some nice extras. We have looked at two new build in different areas. The huge difficulty I have is the price variation and more especially from phase 1 to 3.

They are hoping to release all the remaining 22 in phase 3 and then the apartments later, % of which are allocated social housing, this is what we have been told. It looks like the phase 3 release will be first week April, where Covid restrictions apply, they are also looking to do appointments from showhouse and no buying off plans. The range 330 to 489...some of the 3bed end are 385 to 395 so the goalposts keep being moved. We were originally interested in 3bed end terrace but have to revise plans based on cost. Maybe it's our utter frustration that it looks like a return to celtic tiger, where we are all sitting outside showrooms hoping you get some house crumbs!

I know the Help to buy has improved options for many & certainly the new affordable scheme when its finalised will make a difference but the prices are insane. Sorry to state the obvious.

That's a steep price increase.
    15K increase since December for end of terrace 3 bed.

Crazy prices IMO but market is very hot with limited supply.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Homebuyer21

Hi,

We’ve reserved a 3 bed end of terrace house in the second phase. We were so disappointed when the prices went up by from 375 to 385, from phase 1 to phase 2. Was a struggle to cover the difference.

We were told it was to cover an increase in building costs and labour due to restrictions etc. People say all prices bumped up by 10,000 in all new estates when the gov increased the htb scheme cap from 20,000 to 30000.

There has to be a crash coming when government supports stop...hate buying a house knowing this, but we need somewhere to live.

The builders have been very decent to deal with and have a good reputation...completed all projects during the last recession. They’ve been lovely to deal with when we asked for small changes, and we’re very open in informing us about the land behind us being zoned for development. They are not like other builders we’ve dealt with, have been open and honest.

The apartments are not high rise, small number and hopefully won’t effect the look and feel of the estate.

Overall we’re super excited to finally move to our own house, in an area where our kids will have a safe walk to school.

I’m hopeful it’ll stay a nice, small development. Such a great location!

Best wishes everyone 🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 14 househunter21

489 for a four-bed semi without flooring and kitchen appliances included is very steep.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Homebuyer21

489 for a four-bed semi without flooring and kitchen appliances included is very steep.

It’s a lot!!

Prices in the area are just so high! It’s the same price to buy second hand houses in the area needing upgrading.

At least it’s cheaper to buy than renting...

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Wormy001

Looks like there are people in. Light on and a car in a driveway this evening. Happy days. Fingers crossed everyone else can get in on only a slightly delayed timeline!

Wormy001 wrote: »
    Looks like there are people in. Light on and a car in a driveway this evening. Happy days. Fingers crossed everyone else can get in on only a slightly delayed timeline!

Great news!! Here's hoping it'll be our turn soon

Wormy001 wrote: »

We got out our keys today and the house beside us seem to be in as well!

We got out our keys today and the house beside us seem to be in as well!

Congratulations guys! Hoping to be your neighbors soon!

• Advertisement

Congratulations guys! Hoping to be your neighbors soon!

Thank you, looking forward to it!

Advertisement