Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
13-05-2020, 15:49   #16
Church on Tuesday
Registered User
 
Church on Tuesday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 3,533
It's beyond disgusting.

Sadly there is pockets of racism in this country and even apparent on this site by times.
Church on Tuesday is offline  
Advertisement
13-05-2020, 15:50   #17
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,387
Good enough for him! When will people realize you can’t post nasty **** on the internet and think it’s ok. It’s a long time since I’ve been in school but are kids even educated on the internet? What you write is up there forever and what you may write now could impact you at a later date!
major bill is offline  
13-05-2020, 15:51   #18
donvito99
Registered User
 
donvito99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by major bill View Post
] When will people realize you can’t post nasty **** on the internet and think it’s ok.
When the Boards.ie servers go down for good.
donvito99 is offline  
13-05-2020, 15:53   #19
Hrududu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,615
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu Redman View Post
Unless the offender is mentally ill, he should be punished and even made an example of. He has since come out to apologise and veer from the 'woz hacked, soz' excuse, but not good enough. That was some hardcore racism intended to cause maximum hurt, and he knew what he was doing.

Garda statement describe him as "a male, adult teenager" so we are probably talking 18 or 19, i.e. not a young kid who didn't know any better, so fück him and his abhorrent views.
He cant be playing with a full deck to post that under his actual name. In this day and age how can a teenager be so technologically illiterate? Not to mention his views
Hrududu is offline  
13-05-2020, 15:54   #20
iebamm2580
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1,292
hard to understand how you can be like that against somebody because of a colour.
iebamm2580 is offline  
Advertisement
13-05-2020, 16:04   #21
This is it
Registered User
 
This is it's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 3,545
So many of them unfortunately, little scumbag. He's in for a horrible few months at the very least.
This is it is offline  
13-05-2020, 16:12   #22
MrMusician18
Registered User
 
MrMusician18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 3,465
Quote:
Originally Posted by major bill View Post
Good enough for him! When will people realize you can’t post nasty **** on the internet and think it’s ok. It’s a long time since I’ve been in school but are kids even educated on the internet? What you write is up there forever and what you may write now could impact you at a later date!
Hard to believe that some still think that the internet isn't "real life".
MrMusician18 is offline  
Thanks from:
13-05-2020, 16:24   #23
Arghus
Registered User
 
Arghus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 10,926
Was Ian Wright saying something about the Aubrey-Maturin series?
Arghus is offline  
13-05-2020, 16:53   #24
Omackeral
Registered User
 
Omackeral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 30,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odhinn View Post
What was it he said?
Ah sure why bother including any of that at all in an opening post?
Omackeral is offline  
Advertisement
13-05-2020, 16:58   #25
topper75
Registered User
 
topper75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arghus View Post
Was Ian Wright saying something about the Aubrey-Maturin series?
Why didn't the OP just include this info so we could all understand.
The books are well researched but can be somewhat tedious by the same token.

So fair play to Wrighty for calling it.
topper75 is offline  
13-05-2020, 17:08   #26
Arghus
Registered User
 
Arghus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 10,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by topper75 View Post
Why didn't the OP just include this info so we could all understand.
The books are well researched but can be somewhat tedious by the same token.

So fair play to Wrighty for calling it.
I wouldn't have put Wrighty down as a fan of meticulously researched historical novels, but it just goes to show you.

He was dead right with his criticism though: fabulous research, but a bit of a chore to sit through.
Arghus is offline  
13-05-2020, 17:21   #27
BorneTobyWilde
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 27,095
I doubt the kid is a racist. He's just using the best possible weapons he has to get to someone, he probably went out drinking with his 3 black mates afterwards, then went home to his Asian GF.

His attitude was '' hit em where it hurts'' so that's what he did. It's pure dumbassery and childish, it's all down to that.
BorneTobyWilde is offline  
Thanks from:
13-05-2020, 18:30   #28
Strumms
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 12,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu Redman View Post
Unless the offender is mentally ill, he should be punished and even made an example of. He has since come out to apologise and veer from the 'woz hacked, soz' excuse, but not good enough. That was some hardcore racism intended to cause maximum hurt, and he knew what he was doing.

Garda statement describe him as "a male, adult teenager" so we are probably talking 18 or 19, i.e. not a young kid who didn't know any better, so fück him and his abhorrent views.
I think what we need to do a little, and don’t get me wrong I agree with the sentiment by the way but when somebody does something wrong, automatically jumping towards a defense due to them ‘potentially’ having a psychological issue isn’t any good, especially for the victim. I’d like us as a society to get away from this knee jerk reaction. Unless they’ve been diagnosed as having a psychological issue that could or would account for their behavior it’s probably unhelpful and even unjust to try and account for what they’ve done. People for years have been doing the wrong thing and behaving appallingly, but just had to stand up and be accountable..


2020... if I’m over in the park and get assaulted and mugged.. “ look you don’t know what trauma that person has had to endure in their life, the stress of covid, you sitting there relaxed in a some ray bans eating a solero, you have to understand blahhh blahhh blahhhh”.

We I think are using the mental health angle now to excuse any and all misbehavior, bad acts or abuse even... hold people fûcking accountable for their actions regardless or else there WILL be people, lumbered with mental health challenges as a result of falling victim to racist abuse etc... mental health is important but the victims of abuse / crime need to be reassured... trotting out the mental health angle for every and all issues or crimes such as this we can’t accept as the norm.
Strumms is offline  
13-05-2020, 18:36   #29
Nunu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,837
The funniest/saddest part of all of this is what sparked the outburst...very much child’s behaviour from a young man.
Nunu is offline  
(2) thanks from:
13-05-2020, 19:10   #30
Aegir
Registered User
 
Aegir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 4,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odhinn View Post
What was it he said?
It seems to be fairly common knowledge so I guess there is no harm in linking to an article about it.

https://www.the42.ie/ian-wright-raci...96642-May2020/
Aegir is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet