Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nightline/Parcel Motel Thread Part 2 (post all related questions here)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭MrMorooka

Signed up today, then realised that because the address they give you is in NI, it's no good for the item I wanted(a power brick that only ships to mainland UK).

• Registered Users Posts: 12 addictedtotea

If I don't pick my stuff within 48 hours it gets sent back right? Does anyone know how it takes for them to resend it to your motel and get the text saying it's there again? Has anyone done the double stay before? It's pretty far to my nearest motel and I'm worried I won't be able to get my stuff within the time depending on what day it arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Rotweiler

MrMorooka wrote: »
    Signed up today, then realised that because the address they give you is in NI, it's no good for the item I wanted(a power brick that only ships to mainland UK).

Did you find any solution to that? Because mainland UK differs very much in lots of things.
    Is there any way we can request mainland UK from PM?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Rotweiler wrote: »

To use a mainland UK address, you can use AddressPal from AnPost.

Welcome to boards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

Opened up my parcel motel to find nothing.

Second time I've experienced this and the first time I never got a reply from them.

Thought?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Rotweiler

Davy wrote: »
    To use a mainland UK address, you can use from AnPost.

Welcome to boards

Heya,

Registering now. Thank you mate.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Heya,

Registering now. Thank you mate.

Be aware that the AddressPal/An Post list of prohibited items is very extensive, covering batteries etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭99 Bortles of Beer

Furious to find out that Parcel Motel changed my chosen Motel without informing me. They changed it to a poxy GAA Club that's nowhere near me, and only open until 9pm in the evenings :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭MrMorooka

Did you find any solution to that? Because mainland UK differs very much in lots of things.

I ended up buying the item from an eBay seller instead who had no problem shipping it to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Furious to find out that Parcel Motel changed my chosen Motel without informing me. They changed it to a poxy GAA Club that's nowhere near me, and only open until 9pm in the evenings :mad:

Shame they're still at it. Very short sighted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Innocent123

Given it's Christmas, if a motel is full get assign the closest one as a secondary motel. Happened me, I rang thinking I got the wrong notification. Picked up item no problem , however if someone had transport or even mobility concerns this isn't ideal. I like the aim of getting the packages to the customer, but maybe tell or even ask us??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,415 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Quite impressed this year ordered a couple of firesticks usb hub and lightening cables Amazon split them up into three separate deliveries but they all arrived into my locker on the same day that they sent the email saying they have my packages.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 doomshine

Just out of curiosity, how long has your parcel been "in transit" before you got transferred to a different motel? My two small packages have been in transit for 4 days now. I was really hoping I'll get one for tomorrow night, but I guess I can say goodbye to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Soccarboy11

Whats the latest anybody has received an email saying their package is in transit? They received my package at 9am this morning up in Northern Ireland and still not confirmation on their website nor an email to say its in transit. :(

EDIT: Package now in transit and checked in. 19:50! New record for me! Usually they check in latest at 5PM!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Package scanned in Saturday at PM, still not in locker. Got an email saying it’s redirected to some Gaa clubs dressing rooms at a pop up location. Ridiculous service, there should be a reduced price when it’s redirected or delayed by more than 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,437 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Package scanned in Saturday at PM, still not in locker. Got an email saying it’s redirected to some Gaa clubs dressing rooms at a pop up location. Ridiculous service, there should be a reduced price when it’s redirected or delayed by more than 2 days.

I got a similar message re a delivery that arrived in the depot last Thursday, because my normal motel was closed for renovations - the new location (pop up GAA dressing rooms WTF? :D) and hours didn't suit but my parcel got so delayed that it didn't get dropped to a locker until Monday evening and my normal one was back open thankfully. So much for 48 hours.

The same thing happens every year. You’d think they could come up with a solution , maybe to reduce stay time to 24hrs or incentivize people by offering half price stays if collected with 6 hours. I’m switching to parcel wizard from now on. I’ve 3 items currently “in transit” with PM since 1st dec.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Last year, they put you into a draw if you collected it within 24 hours - sounds like something they could do again.
    Or perhaps free credit if you agree to re-locate it to another parcel motel that's a bit more free?
    Mine's "In Transit" since yesterday. Last week it actually went to my parcel motel quite quickly but obviously there's a lot of Black Friday shopping since then! Kind of frustrating as it's a delivery of an item that fell out of my previous package.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Three part order from Ebay, seller sent all three same day, collected and handed off to RM same day. Two arrived in Antrim on the 1st, third is MIA. If UKMail/RM got 2/3 to the destination Im inclined to think the odds are PM have lost part 3.

Find my parcel process initiated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Ordered a fitbit for the missus from Amazon. Got the email saying it was in the Dublin centre and the photo shows that the packaging was perfect. Went to pick up at the locker and there was a huge hole in the packaging where someone obviously had a look to see if it was worth robbing. I had to open the fitbit box up to make sure it wasn't stolen which is annoying as it's a present.

• Advertisement

The easy solution is to allow users pick - in order of preference - 3, 4 or 5 lockers that they can access if need be. There are 3 lockers other than my first preference that would have been far more closer and convenient for me to get to other than that GAA club.

Cazale wrote: »
    Ordered a fitbit for the missus from Amazon. Got the email saying it was in the Dublin centre and the photo shows that the packaging was perfect. Went to pick up at the locker and there was a huge hole in the packaging where someone obviously had a look to see if it was worth robbing. I had to open the fitbit box up to make sure it wasn't stolen which is annoying as it's a present.

Had a similar issue recently where the photo from PM showed the packaging to be intact but when collected from the locker one side of the box was torn.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,076 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Why can they not allow people to specify a 2nd and possibly 3rd choice motel to use, I am about a mile from my nearest one which I use and about 3 to 5 miles from another 2, I'd have no problem using either if it meant me getting my package a day early.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I just got an email about my parcel being redirected to some GAA club dressing room, too! FFS, there's 3 other motels that are closer to me than this place, and it's only open from 12pm to 9pm - usually I'd collect my parcels first thing in the morning, so this really doesn't suit me. Gonna have to ring them tomorrow and ask them to either send it to my usual motel or else redirect to one nearer to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 doomshine

Got the texts at 7, picked up the parcels at 7.30, there was actually a short queue to the lockers. Great to see people picking up stuff so quickly!

PM got my stuff on Saturday and delivered on Tuesday evening. Could be worse. Looks like they did improve slightly compared to last year.

The thing is, the packages aren't being sent to the GAA club as a second choice. If you log in to your account on Parcel Motel, you'll see they've changed your chosen motel to that GAA club. So they won't even attempt to deliver it to your previous choice.

You can change it back yourself. I complained and got my package cost refunded. I'd suggest others do the same.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

When I was getting my last parcel from my local PM, a woman appeared behind me. She had found that her PM had been moved to the one I was using, despite her one being on her road! Seems like they're doing it a fair bit now.
    Still at least it wasn't a GAA club - is this happening with multiple GAA clubs or are you all going to the same one?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭C3PO

Probably not helpful .... but I'm gobsmacked that people are using Parcel Motel again this Christmas after last years fiasco!

Emailed them about offering a free stay as compensation, they were extremely rude in their replies. We’re paying full price for a service that we’re not receiving. PM customer service is disgraceful. Last time using them, signing up for parcel wizard now. Would advise everyone to avoid parcel motel in future.

Just collected the parcel from kilmacud crokes GAA club. Crates of parcels there and lots of people coming and going. I’d imagine most parcels in south Dublin are being redirected there.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Emailed them about offering a free stay as compensation, they were extremely rude in their replies. We’re paying full price for a service that we’re not receiving. PM customer service is disgraceful. Last time using them, signing up for parcel wizard now. Would advise everyone to avoid parcel motel in future.

Just collected the parcel from kilmacud crokes GAA club. Crates of parcels there and lots of people coming and going. I’d imagine most parcels in south Dublin are being redirected there.

Was there any sort of security there? I've to return a parcel, and when I printed out the returns label it's got Kilmacud Crokes on it and I've no way of redirecting it to my local one. My local motel is still showing on my account, so I'm assuming it's still full and returns for the general area are all redirecting to Crokes.

Advertisement