Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
25-01-2021, 16:23   #7126
Ash.J.Williams
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 14,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar Lothbrok View Post
I used to loathe Bradley Walsh. His face and his voice made me want to smash the telly.

So until recently, I refused to watch The Chase. Then a couple of months ago I watched a full episode and got hooked. Now I like Bradley.

So my hatred was truly inexplicable, it appears.
yeah they're a great bunch, one of the best quizzes on tv!
Ash.J.Williams is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
25-01-2021, 19:09   #7127
John arse
Registered User
 
John arse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar Lothbrok View Post
I used to loathe Bradley Walsh. His face and his voice made me want to smash the telly.

So until recently, I refused to watch The Chase. Then a couple of months ago I watched a full episode and got hooked. Now I like Bradley.

So my hatred was truly inexplicable, it appears.
haha i used to like him but now he's feckin everywhere,starting to find him very contrived and fake,him and that bug-eyed son of his!he must be rolling in dosh though -never off the telly🤔
John arse is offline  
27-01-2021, 08:43   #7128
Sky King
Registered User
 
Sky King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,184
Stephanie Preissner. Self styled 'expert' in the media yet the only way she is notably outstanding is in her mediocrity. She has carefully positioned herself as someone who can answer questions so people queue up to ask her questions and she regularly either gets the answers arseways (Covid 1 to 18 came before Covid 19 etc) or, more often, doesn't know herself so just asks an expert and passes on the information. Great. An information middle-man. Thanks Stephanie.
Sky King is offline  
27-01-2021, 09:03   #7129
cms88
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 908
I may get some stick for this and it's not that i can't stand her but i'm getting a bit tired of hearing and seeing Vicky Phelan.

Wjat happened etc wasn't good but i don't see the need for the media to ask her option on everything. People will say they're coming to her etc but she could just say no.
cms88 is offline  
27-01-2021, 09:12   #7130
razorblunt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 15,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky King View Post
Stephanie Preissner. Self styled 'expert' in the media yet the only way she is notably outstanding is in her mediocrity. She has carefully positioned herself as someone who can answer questions so people queue up to ask her questions and she regularly either gets the answers arseways (Covid 1 to 18 came before Covid 19 etc) or, more often, doesn't know herself so just asks an expert and passes on the information. Great. An information middle-man. Thanks Stephanie.
Agreed.

She went on a massive waah-waah when people were (legally) sitting out at restaurants. Seems like she's always on the cusp of a meltdown especially if she's not listened to.
razorblunt is offline  
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
27-01-2021, 10:24   #7131
Mysterypunter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky King View Post
Stephanie Preissner. Self styled 'expert' in the media yet the only way she is notably outstanding is in her mediocrity. She has carefully positioned herself as someone who can answer questions so people queue up to ask her questions and she regularly either gets the answers arseways (Covid 1 to 18 came before Covid 19 etc) or, more often, doesn't know herself so just asks an expert and passes on the information. Great. An information middle-man. Thanks Stephanie.
Think she's a girl that gets lots of airtime coz Brendan O'connor fancies her, but nothing there really, she's always saying how she relies in her mum and dad, think she might live with them, and on the other hand she's rattling on about feminism and being independent, but can't see the contradiction, I have no idea why she is on a national radio station, when I first heard her I thought she was some kind uthority, but she isn't.
Mysterypunter is offline  
(2) thanks from:
27-01-2021, 10:25   #7132
RabbleRouser2k
Registered User
 
RabbleRouser2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 6,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorblunt View Post
Agreed.

She went on a massive waah-waah when people were (legally) sitting out at restaurants. Seems like she's always on the cusp of a meltdown especially if she's not listened to.
I'm taking precautions, best I can-but some of the folks who are attacking non-Covid protecting people is genuinely getting sanctimonious.
Like they want to be elected Pope or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterypunter View Post
Think she's a girl that gets lots of airtime coz Brendan O'connor fancies her, but nothing there really, she's always saying how she relies in her mum and dad, think she might live with them, and on the other hand she's rattling on about feminism and being independent, but can't see the contradiction, I have no idea why she is on a national radio station, when I first heard her I thought she was some kind uthority, but she isn't.
She was raised by her mum and grandmother-her dad and mum split when she was very young. Genuinely used to be tons of fun to follow. But then I saw her social media where she was hanging out with the likes of Allison Spittle... the fun stopped then.

She genuinely started spouting crap round that time. Like going after 'Baby it's cold outside' for 'rape culture' crap.
She bought a house because a relative of hers passed away, and she inherited money... then proceeded to get sanctimonious as a homeowner. (wouldn't be able to afford a house without the inheritance).

Last edited by RabbleRouser2k; 27-01-2021 at 10:56. Reason: added response
RabbleRouser2k is offline  
27-01-2021, 10:28   #7133
Hangdogroad
Registered User
 
Hangdogroad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 1,810
I tried watching that RTE doc The Way We Were. I had to switch it off due to the inclusion of Joe Fecking Duffy and Ciara Kelly as talking heads.
Hangdogroad is offline  
(2) thanks from:
27-01-2021, 10:45   #7134
Capt. Autumn
Registered User
 
Capt. Autumn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 270
Tom McGurk

Typifies the smug, rugby-loving, RTE D4 elites who talk down to the proletariat whenever their smug mushes appear on our screen.

I passed him once, in the foyer of a hotel and he had the real head of a bollox.

Capt. Autumn is offline  
Advertisement
27-01-2021, 10:48   #7135
DraftDodger
Banned
 
DraftDodger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Posts: 277
Mariam O'Callaghan

Preaches from a place of privilege and wealth about Covid to the little people yet doesn't practice what she preaches and her brother basically lobbied for the country to reopen in December.
DraftDodger is offline  
27-01-2021, 10:50   #7136
Treppen
Registered User
 
Treppen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 2,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Autumn View Post
Tom McGurk

Typifies the smug, rugby-loving, RTE D4 elites who talk down to the proletariat whenever their smug mushes appear on our screen.

I passed him once, in the foyer of a hotel and he had the real head of a bollox.

+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftDodger View Post
Mariam O'Callaghan

Preaches from a place of privilege and wealth about Covid to the little people yet doesn't practice what she preaches and her brother basically lobbied for the country to reopen in December.


Oh the Irony of it all...

They'd make a great couple
Treppen is offline  
27-01-2021, 10:50   #7137
Stevieluvsye
Banned
 
Stevieluvsye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 2,847
Quote:
Originally Posted by cms88 View Post
I may get some stick for this and it's not that i can't stand her but i'm getting a bit tired of hearing and seeing Vicky Phelan.

Wjat happened etc wasn't good but i don't see the need for the media to ask her option on everything. People will say they're coming to her etc but she could just say no.
I'll give you some stick so.

This state effectively gave her a death sentence. She had the courage to speak up for other victims. I'd value her opinion over pretty much all sitting in the government
Stevieluvsye is offline  
27-01-2021, 11:42   #7138
TheDavester
Registered User
 
TheDavester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 2,858
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbleRouser2k View Post
I'm taking precautions, best I can-but some of the folks who are attacking non-Covid protecting people is genuinely getting sanctimonious.
Like they want to be elected Pope or something.



She was raised by her mum and grandmother-her dad and mum split when she was very young. Genuinely used to be tons of fun to follow. But then I saw her social media where she was hanging out with the likes of Allison Spittle... the fun stopped then.

She genuinely started spouting crap round that time. Like going after 'Baby it's cold outside' for 'rape culture' crap.
She bought a house because a relative of hers passed away, and she inherited money... then proceeded to get sanctimonious as a homeowner. (wouldn't be able to afford a house without the inheritance).
The Louise (i get my mother to pack for my weekends away) O'Neill route
TheDavester is offline  
(2) thanks from:
27-01-2021, 11:46   #7139
RabbleRouser2k
Registered User
 
RabbleRouser2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 6,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDavester View Post
The Louise (i get my mother to pack for my weekends away) O'Neill route
Oh O'Neill is genuinely disturbing...

HAs to live with her parents because she spends a FORTUNE on everything from naturopathy, to new age crystal therapy, among other crap.

I'd say even the media have gotten tired of her. She's seriously unwell.
RabbleRouser2k is offline  
27-01-2021, 13:42   #7140
Sky King
Registered User
 
Sky King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorblunt View Post
Agreed.

She went on a massive waah-waah when people were (legally) sitting out at restaurants. Seems like she's always on the cusp of a meltdown especially if she's not listened to.
"I refuse to attend weddings because I dislike them"

Loads of people hate attending weddings, but attend anyway out of basic manners. Get the fcuk over yourself.
Sky King is offline  
(2) thanks from:
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet