25-01-2021, 16:23   #7126
Ash.J.Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar Lothbrok View Post
I used to loathe Bradley Walsh. His face and his voice made me want to smash the telly.

So until recently, I refused to watch The Chase. Then a couple of months ago I watched a full episode and got hooked. Now I like Bradley.

So my hatred was truly inexplicable, it appears.
yeah they're a great bunch, one of the best quizzes on tv!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
25-01-2021, 19:09   #7127
John arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar Lothbrok View Post
I used to loathe Bradley Walsh. His face and his voice made me want to smash the telly.

So until recently, I refused to watch The Chase. Then a couple of months ago I watched a full episode and got hooked. Now I like Bradley.

So my hatred was truly inexplicable, it appears.
haha i used to like him but now he's feckin everywhere,starting to find him very contrived and fake,him and that bug-eyed son of his!he must be rolling in dosh though -never off the telly🤔
27-01-2021, 08:43   #7128
Sky King

Stephanie Preissner. Self styled 'expert' in the media yet the only way she is notably outstanding is in her mediocrity. She has carefully positioned herself as someone who can answer questions so people queue up to ask her questions and she regularly either gets the answers arseways (Covid 1 to 18 came before Covid 19 etc) or, more often, doesn't know herself so just asks an expert and passes on the information. Great. An information middle-man. Thanks Stephanie.
27-01-2021, 09:03   #7129
cms88

I may get some stick for this and it's not that i can't stand her but i'm getting a bit tired of hearing and seeing Vicky Phelan.

Wjat happened etc wasn't good but i don't see the need for the media to ask her option on everything. People will say they're coming to her etc but she could just say no.
27-01-2021, 09:12   #7130
razorblunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky King View Post
Stephanie Preissner. Self styled 'expert' in the media yet the only way she is notably outstanding is in her mediocrity. She has carefully positioned herself as someone who can answer questions so people queue up to ask her questions and she regularly either gets the answers arseways (Covid 1 to 18 came before Covid 19 etc) or, more often, doesn't know herself so just asks an expert and passes on the information. Great. An information middle-man. Thanks Stephanie.
Agreed.

She went on a massive waah-waah when people were (legally) sitting out at restaurants. Seems like she's always on the cusp of a meltdown especially if she's not listened to.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
27-01-2021, 10:24   #7131
Mysterypunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky King View Post
Think she's a girl that gets lots of airtime coz Brendan O'connor fancies her, but nothing there really, she's always saying how she relies in her mum and dad, think she might live with them, and on the other hand she's rattling on about feminism and being independent, but can't see the contradiction, I have no idea why she is on a national radio station, when I first heard her I thought she was some kind uthority, but she isn't.
(2) thanks from:
27-01-2021, 10:25   #7132
RabbleRouser2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorblunt View Post
Agreed.

She went on a massive waah-waah when people were (legally) sitting out at restaurants. Seems like she's always on the cusp of a meltdown especially if she's not listened to.
I'm taking precautions, best I can-but some of the folks who are attacking non-Covid protecting people is genuinely getting sanctimonious.
Like they want to be elected Pope or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterypunter View Post
Think she's a girl that gets lots of airtime coz Brendan O'connor fancies her, but nothing there really, she's always saying how she relies in her mum and dad, think she might live with them, and on the other hand she's rattling on about feminism and being independent, but can't see the contradiction, I have no idea why she is on a national radio station, when I first heard her I thought she was some kind uthority, but she isn't.
She was raised by her mum and grandmother-her dad and mum split when she was very young. Genuinely used to be tons of fun to follow. But then I saw her social media where she was hanging out with the likes of Allison Spittle... the fun stopped then.

She genuinely started spouting crap round that time. Like going after 'Baby it's cold outside' for 'rape culture' crap.
She bought a house because a relative of hers passed away, and she inherited money... then proceeded to get sanctimonious as a homeowner. (wouldn't be able to afford a house without the inheritance).

Last edited by RabbleRouser2k; 27-01-2021 at 10:56. Reason: added response
27-01-2021, 10:28   #7133
Hangdogroad

I tried watching that RTE doc The Way We Were. I had to switch it off due to the inclusion of Joe Fecking Duffy and Ciara Kelly as talking heads.
(2) thanks from:
27-01-2021, 10:45   #7134
Capt. Autumn

Tom McGurk

Typifies the smug, rugby-loving, RTE D4 elites who talk down to the proletariat whenever their smug mushes appear on our screen.

I passed him once, in the foyer of a hotel and he had the real head of a bollox.

Advertisement
27-01-2021, 10:48   #7135
DraftDodger
Banned

Mariam O'Callaghan

Preaches from a place of privilege and wealth about Covid to the little people yet doesn't practice what she preaches and her brother basically lobbied for the country to reopen in December.
27-01-2021, 10:50   #7136
Treppen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Autumn View Post
Tom McGurk

Typifies the smug, rugby-loving, RTE D4 elites who talk down to the proletariat whenever their smug mushes appear on our screen.

I passed him once, in the foyer of a hotel and he had the real head of a bollox.

+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftDodger View Post
Mariam O'Callaghan

Preaches from a place of privilege and wealth about Covid to the little people yet doesn't practice what she preaches and her brother basically lobbied for the country to reopen in December.

Oh the Irony of it all...

They'd make a great couple
27-01-2021, 10:50   #7137
Stevieluvsye
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cms88 View Post
I may get some stick for this and it's not that i can't stand her but i'm getting a bit tired of hearing and seeing Vicky Phelan.

Wjat happened etc wasn't good but i don't see the need for the media to ask her option on everything. People will say they're coming to her etc but she could just say no.
I'll give you some stick so.

This state effectively gave her a death sentence. She had the courage to speak up for other victims. I'd value her opinion over pretty much all sitting in the government
27-01-2021, 11:42   #7138
TheDavester

Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbleRouser2k View Post
I'm taking precautions, best I can-but some of the folks who are attacking non-Covid protecting people is genuinely getting sanctimonious.
Like they want to be elected Pope or something.

She was raised by her mum and grandmother-her dad and mum split when she was very young. Genuinely used to be tons of fun to follow. But then I saw her social media where she was hanging out with the likes of Allison Spittle... the fun stopped then.

She genuinely started spouting crap round that time. Like going after 'Baby it's cold outside' for 'rape culture' crap.
She bought a house because a relative of hers passed away, and she inherited money... then proceeded to get sanctimonious as a homeowner. (wouldn't be able to afford a house without the inheritance).
The Louise (i get my mother to pack for my weekends away) O'Neill route
(2) thanks from:
27-01-2021, 11:46   #7139
RabbleRouser2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDavester View Post
The Louise (i get my mother to pack for my weekends away) O'Neill route
Oh O'Neill is genuinely disturbing...

HAs to live with her parents because she spends a FORTUNE on everything from naturopathy, to new age crystal therapy, among other crap.

I'd say even the media have gotten tired of her. She's seriously unwell.
27-01-2021, 13:42   #7140
Sky King

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorblunt View Post
Agreed.

"I refuse to attend weddings because I dislike them"

Loads of people hate attending weddings, but attend anyway out of basic manners. Get the fcuk over yourself.
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion