Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infant and toddler bargains

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭ani_mal

i rather recommend water wipes in boots as they are clean from chemicals/soap and dont cause nappy rash. 4.99 box in boots

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

ani_mal wrote: »
    i rather recommend water wipes in boots as they are clean from chemicals/soap and dont cause nappy rash. 4.99 box in boots

I'm lucky my baby hasn't got any rash is only 5 months though so pampers sensitive grand for me. Is it 4.99 a pack as that's very dear considering I use a pack every 2/3 days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

20% discount at Early Learning Centre valid until 17th October.
    Fromage-Frais.jpg?1281361086

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

ani_mal wrote: »

Only really good if your baby has VERY sensitive skin. They're very expensive! Neither of my daughters have had a horrible nappy rash before, we've gotten bad but that's because of teething and not because of wipes. Lidl sensitive are great at €1.19 a pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,517 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Tesco also doing some good deals on baby stuff... the SMA Follow on Milk (in the red tin... I think it's the 6+ month one...) is €8.00.

Tesco are still doing this offer and Dunnes are matching it now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

bulmersgal wrote: »
    ...considering I use a pack every 2/3 days

Holy cow! Can I ask what you use that number of wipes on? A pack of wipes lasts us around a week...1 or 2 (maybe 3 if it's really bad) wipes per change, 3-4 changes per day, 64 wipes per pack....that's at least 5 days??

Just guessing that's why some would feel it alright to pay up to €5/pack for the more natural wipes. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

I'd change her everytime she feeds or if I notice she wet or dirty so prob 8/9 times a day use prob 4 wipes if wet and maybe 10 if she's dirty. I prob change her to often but sure no harm in it. She's only 5 months so you prob do it less when they older. First timer so not sure

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

I'm a maniac for baby wipes for the whole family :) Go through about 4 packs a week and only 2 are for changing. I wet them and use them for washing hands and faces, cleaning up her high chair etc. I use them for removing my mascara, and other hygiene uses. Tesco sensitive @ €1.19 are the biz. I like the Lidl ones but prefer a packet with a clip on top as they don't dry out.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

huggies pure baby wipes are excellent for sensitive bums and bad nappy rash.
    They are also nice thick sheets so go further,I find the orange pampers ones useless for lasting because the sheets are tiny and I use twice as many.
    We usually wait for special offers and buy them and papmpers sensitive once they hit 1 euro a packet and stock up:)

Moonbeam wrote: »
    huggies pure baby wipes are excellent for sensitive bums and bad nappy rash.
    They are also nice thick sheets so go further,I find the orange pampers ones useless for lasting because the sheets are tiny and I use twice as many.
    We usually wait for special offers and buy them and papmpers sensitive once they hit 1 euro a packet and stock up:)

The Huggies Pure were on special last Thursday in Tesco, 2 packs for €3.50. I only use sensitive wipes on the girls... no Johnson & Johnson either, don't agree with the girls...

I also through about 2/3 packs a week... I use them for cleaning hands and faces out and about, bums, my make up, etc wipe freak...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Ayla

bulmersgal wrote: »
    I'd change her everytime she feeds or if I notice she wet or dirty so prob 8/9 times a day use prob 4 wipes if wet and maybe 10 if she's dirty.

For everyone here who uses copious amounts of wipes - I just can't resist commenting on this...what is the point of saving a few cents here & there on formula, nappies, etc if you then purchase *loads* of wipes, which you could easily do without? Bulmersgal - there is really no need to use 4 wipes on a wet bottom (air does just fine, or maybe 1 wipe if it's *really* bad), and 10 wipes when dirty...really??? :eek:

And sure, I realize the handiness of keeping wipes in the car & bag for quick face cleans, etc, but if you're trying to keep an eye on budget and/or bargains, surely a dampened cloth/terry/flannel would be the better (cheaper) option?

I know we all have different techniques & all, but surely if cutting costs is what this thread is about, the wasteful (& costly!) use of unneccessary products should be addressed?

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

I agree....that is an excessive amount of wipes!! I use one wipe for a wet bottom...more to just freshen her up than anything.

For the bad poops I never use more than 4 usually! I just use them properly. Neer ever used 10!!! The most I used was 7....and that was when she did so much that she pooped all down her legs and right up to her neck!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Ayla wrote: »
    what is the point of saving a few cents here & there on formula, nappies, etc if you then purchase *loads* of wipes, which you could easily do without?
    hacked wrote: »
    I agree....that is an excessive amount of wipes!! I use one wipe for a wet bottom...more to just freshen her up than anything

Phew, thought it was just me who noticed this! I use cotton wool and water and only use the wipes if he's done a major pooh or when I'm out and about. I think I went through more way back when I had a social life and used them for taking make-up off:D

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭fi1979

boots have 3 for 2 on baby tableware at the moment. I've started getting a few bits for weaning and thought they had some nice bits and pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

We only use the Huggies wipes (green packet) because:
    - They are really thick
    - They smell fab
    - They always seem to be on offer in Tesco

They are 1.06 a pack in Tesco at the min which is great value!

We only use the Huggies wipes (green packet) because:
    - They are really thick
    - They smell fab
    - They always seem to be on offer in Tesco

They are 1.06 a pack in Tesco at the min which is great value!

The Huggies Pure (yellow/cream pack) are also in this offer. They are usually €3.18 a pack so you can buy 3 packs for the price of 1 if you want.

Tesco also doing some good deals on baby stuff... the SMA Follow on Milk (in the red tin... I think it's the 6+ month one...) is €8.00.

Just heard an add on the radio, Dunnes are doing this one, 2 for €15, must stock up.

Offer expires 11/09/2010, they have a range of baby offers,

Pampers Mega Wipes 9pk only €10
    Aptamil Follow on Milk 2 for €17
    Box of 12 "fragrance free" Johnson & Johnson wipes for €14
    The 3 types of Johnson & Johnson wipes for €1.39 each

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

If you want to save money, there's no need to bother spending a fortune on follow on milk. From a year old, there's nothing that follow on milk provides nutritionally that can't be achieved with ordinary cows milk and a good diet.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

If you want to save money, there's no need to bother spending a fortune on follow on milk. From a year old, there's nothing that follow on milk provides nutritionally that can't be achieved with ordinary cows milk and a good diet.

Follow on milk is for 6 months plus, it's growing up milk that's supposed to be for older. I think follow on milk is almost identical to the first stage stuff, it was only brought out to get around EU advertising laws.

Just heard an add on the radio, Dunnes are doing this one, 2 for €15, must stock up.

Offer expires 11/09/2010, they have a range of baby offers,

Pampers Mega Wipes 9pk only €10
    Box of 12 "fragrance free" Johnson & Johnson wipes for €14
    The 3 types of Johnson & Johnson wipes for €1.39 each

Tesco have the SMA Toddler (Green top) Milk half price (€4.69) until September 14, between this and Dunnes doing the SMA Follow up, am sorted for a while.

127301.JPG

• Advertisement

Tesco have the SMA Toddler (Green top) Milk half price (€4.69) until September 14, between this and Dunnes doing the SMA Follow up, am sorted for a while.

127301.JPG

All I'm thinking is "Cool! Lots of stilts!" :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Tesco's have a buy one pack get 2 packs free on Huggies wipesat the moment. I thought I was seeing things when I first read it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Gutted I missed the Dunnes special offer on the SMA :(
    Gerard I had the same plan only missed the date for the promo!

Boots were doing Huggies 64 pack wipes for €1.50 each, the lovely heavy wipes with I think Aloe Vera on them

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭ani_mal

there is no price offer like in ASDA in Enniskillen.
    Pampers 2boxes x96nappies (size 2) for 20GBP
    BIG box of J&J wipes for 12GBP (not sure hom many small packages in is the box)

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    Tesco's have a buy one pack get 2 packs free on Huggies wipesat the moment. I thought I was seeing things when I first read it!!!

It's not exactly buy 1 get 2 free. They're €1.06 each, they're usually €3.18. But if you pay €1.06 you don't get the two free... or at least that's the way they were advertising it in Finglas Tesco!!!

ETA: Mothercare in Charlestown (Finglas) Shopping Centre are doing the Sangenic Nappy Wrapper with one free cartridge for €12.99.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Heatons have gorgeous pre walkers for 3 euro,lovely selection too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭lyndak082

if any of ye live in tipp theres a fab new stall at clonmel market selling baby clothes, very cheap. all good names like sucre d'orge and pex. they have a facebook page too if you google itsy bitsy baby clonmel, youll find it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭beachbabe

Not really a bargain but wasn't sure where else to post, boots are doing a range of baby stock cubes, beef, veg and chicken. Hooray! I have found them hard to get and making stock is a pain.

Supervalu are doing 2x Jumbo boxes of pampers for €25 at the moment.

• Advertisement

Tesco doing 2 x 4 packs of Huggies Pure wipes for €10.00.

Advertisement