25-01-2021, 18:05   #1

Training Support Grant

Hi,

Has anyone access this before? I was notified by email that it was available to me if I needed it. I've asked for more information but I haven't heard back.

As it happens, I do see a course that would suit.

Do you have to pay for it yourself now and request the grant later, or what happens? I've looked on the gov. website but I see different statements.

Curious if this is worth it?
Advertisement
25-01-2021, 20:51   #2
mystic

https://www.gov.ie/en/service/11dbee...support-grant/
26-01-2021, 11:06   #3

Thanks, yeah I found that yesterday.

It says 'payment will be released after you do a course and attempt an exam'. What's not clear for example, is do you as the candidate pay up front and get reimbursed later or what?

For anyone who has done it, was it quick/easy to get going with this?
26-01-2021, 12:14   #4
mystic

You get approval from your Case Officer/Local Employment Service (if applicable) to do the course. This is sent to the course provider who will allow you to do the course and they get reimbursed from DSP when the course is finished.
Thanks from:
27-01-2021, 12:26   #5

You are a gent/lady, thank you!

I have a fresh obstacle, though I imagine not many come across it.

I want to get a particular qualification. The most reputable and relevant body for it is American-based, although with an EU office in Brussels. I seriously doubt I will get approved for the grant for that, with back and forth paperwork.

There are a few Irish-based third-party course providers who with affiliation, also provide it, but at x2 or x3 the price. With ridiculous prices, there's no point with them.

I have put this forward to them as a query and I'm awaiting a reply. It's a highly-sought after area of employment so it's worth pursuing. Here's hoping.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion