Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shipping 65" TV from Germany/Austria?

• 25-05-2020 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭

I could save nearly €200 ordering a 65" TV from Austria or Germany rather than the same model from Ireland or the UK. Out of interest I checked Parcelmotel XL service from the UK and they would ship the item but other couriers I have tired have it listed as too big.

The weight is ~30KG and the dimensions are 145 x 37 x 91.

If you can recommend a service like Parcelmotel please let me know.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Not many couriers companies will handle TV's as they are very fragile, you should also consider how would you handle it if the TV gets damage in transit, if you are organizing your own shipping the shop won't do anything for you.

For TV's you should check Richer Sounds, they have a forum in the Talk To here in Boards, the prices are quite good and they offer 6 year guarantee on TV's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

I would suspect that the volumetric weight will be well over 30kg.

Size will be well over the belt size.

So shipping costs will be high. Probably €100

Then you also have to absolve the shipping company of issues with damage.

Then if there's a fault, they can insist on you returning it to Germany

Haggle a little over here, wait for the sales that will come at some stage or just accept that sellers here have the extra costs of shipping and have passed them on (along with higher vat)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭runswithascript

Thanks for input, what has been said about considering damage that could happen in transit is worth considering. Even with insurance, there would probably be a delay being reimbursed whereas I would expect most electronic suppliers would organise a replacement for a damaged deliver much sooner. I tried haggling with Laptopsdirect.ie, the only place that had the H65U8B here but it was a non-runner. Still a good deal though!

Advertisement