Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Coronavirus

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Is this a genuine question?

The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation announced Jan 26th that it is immediately committing $10 million in efforts to contain the global spread of 2019-nCoV. This was increased to $100m in February for the renamed COVID19.

Of the total, $60 million will fund diagnostics, treatments, and vaccines development. Already has paid CEPI towards previous vaccines (Ebola).
    He is also connected to the Pirbright Insitute, which worked on gene editing infectious bronchitis virus (IBV).

He previously stated any vaccine for a 'Pandemic X' would take up to 5yrs, so if he can rush one out quickly, will be seen as a hero.

For better (or worse) he will be involved.
    Ok. And?
    Why would he be involved? How does it benefit him? Why is it a bad thing?
    Did he develop and release this new virus?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Titclamp

King Mob wrote: »
    Ok. And?

Can you not ask him yourself or do some research on it. He is a well known philanthropist if you no aware.

Why do the richest men in the world put money in things I wonder?

Titclamp wrote: »
    Can you not ask him yourself or do some research on it. He is a well known philanthropist if you no aware.

Or I can ask people who seem to think that he's involved in this conspiracy theory why he's involved...?

Are you suggesting that he is making money off vaccines?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,747 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

You answered your own question

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    You answered your own question

I wasn't even asking a question. How thick are you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Ok. And?
    You have exceeded your quota of pointless question marks for today, please calm down and compose yourself for better debate or discussion.

Rather than the usual ever so innocent and ever-repetitive: "who/what/why/when/where/which????", otherwise you can join simply the ignore list.

Actually, it's probably likely I'll simply ignore your pointless non-stop questioning of every single thing regardless, as it demonstrates strong bias and a lack of any grain of substance, value or creditbility.

You have exceeded your quota of pointless question marks for today, please calm down and compose yourself for better debate or discussion.

Rather than the usual ever so innocent and ever-repetitive: "who/what/why/when/where/which????", otherwise you can join simply the ignore list.

Actually, it's probably likely I'll simply ignore your pointless non-stop questioning of every single thing regardless, as it demonstrates strong bias and a lack of any grain of substance, value or creditbility.

I don't think you can research much on Joe.ie unfortunately.

What's the conspiracy?

I heard Joe that if you think about China, you become a host to this insidious virus. What should I do Joe, have you got an answer. Joe. Joe?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I wasn't even asking a question. How thick are you.

Smart enough not to insult people.

• Advertisement

Again, I don't understand why simple direct questions result in a reaction like this.
    I'm also not sure why you are telling me to calm down?

Maybe you could go back and explain in clear terms why you think that Bill Gates is involved in the conspiracy?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ayzeb123

It's not a Bioweapons lab, it's the Wuhan Institute of Virology and they do research on viruses and have been researching corona viruses after the SARS outbreak. (only 1 in China) It's very close to the Seafood Market apparently, (the epicentre of the coronavirus outbreak) within walking distance they say. Also close to the Seafood Market is the Wuhan Centre of Disease Prevention & Control (24 Jianghan N Rd, Jiang'an District, Wuhan, Hubei, China) this place does research on animals. apparently they were housing over 600 diseased bats. It doesn't take much to think the virus may have originated from one of these places. But we'll never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,418 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Again, I don't understand why simple direct questions result in a reaction like this.
    I'm also not sure why you are telling me to calm down?

Maybe you could go back and explain in clear terms why you think that Bill Gates is involved in the conspiracy?

C'mon KM its quite simple. A brief, baseless allusion to Bill Gates being involved in the spreading of the virus but its up to you to prove that he isn't. If you can't prove this negative, well, then that proves that he is.

"Bill Gates is involved"

"How?"

"Calm down. Stop asking me all these questions".

The Nal wrote: »
    ...baseless allusion to Bill Gates being involved in the spreading of the virus....
    This is a nonsense baseless suggestion, have you any evidence to back up this claim?

Gates is however very keen to roll out as many 'vaccines' (not viruses) as possible, when the opportunity presents.

Has for a long time been invested in the vax industry on a global level. Has already invested millions in vacccine programs for this latest one. Perhaps for fiscal gain, altruistic ego boost, or some other vested interset.

One would just hope any vax would be 100% safe, if it was be rolled out out at record speeds, and at record distribution. Perhaps at a scale, and pace never seen before, with far greater penetration rates than the Flu itself.

ayzeb123 wrote: »
    Apparently they were housing over 600 diseased bats. It doesn't take much to think the virus may have originated from one of these places. But we'll never know.

Who knows for sure, perhaps if their outdoor bin was overflowing with so many animals getting processed or tested, some building porter (or other staff/non-staff), might have sold them on to the nearby market for pocket money. Wonder what the going price for a oven ready bat would be in Wuhan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

6541 wrote: »
    Question? Will i be okay to go to Spain in 2 weeks time?

NO!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Smart enough not to insult people.

That sounds very "self opinionated", which is a conspiracy all by itself.

This is a nonsense baseless suggestion, have you any evidence to back up this claim?
    Why bring him up?
    Has for a long time been invested in the vax industry on a global level. Has already invested millions in vacccine programs for this latest one. Perhaps for fiscal gain, altruistic ego boost, or some other vested interset.
    Do you have any evidence that:
    1. He is gaining financially from his charity work?
    and
    2. that any such gains are illegal or untoward?

Cause otherwise, suggesting that it is somehow sinister or suspicious is a bit baseless.
    One would just hope any vax would be 100% safe, if it was be rolled out out at record speeds, and at record distribution. Perhaps at a scale, and pace never seen before, with far greater penetration rates than the Flu itself.
    Again, what has this to do with Bill Gates? What has this to do with any conspiracy?

I know you don't like questions, but you don't seem to be actually putting much forward...

Gates is however very keen to roll out as many 'vaccines' (not viruses) as possible, when the opportunity presents.

Okay, but what is the conspiracy? is there one?

Why bring him up?
    It's common public knowledge he's vested (in various means, fiscal or otherwise) in the vax industry. And has just invested millions in a vax for the latest coronavirus.

Someone else (The Nal) suggested he had something to do with the virus itself, which is very sinister and baseless. It's simply a circumstancal situation.

'Please note': You have now *exceeded your questions for today* (6 at once???). KingMob, Please lay down in a dark room, reduce coffee consumption and relax. Maybe do a crossword or stroke a stray cat to try and stay calm, particularly as we begin enter pandemic status. Tally ho.

• Advertisement

And has just invested millions in a vax for the latest coronavirus.
    Do you have a source for this?
    Could you explain why you think this is part of a conspiracy?
    'Please note': You have now *exceeded your questions for today* (6 at once???). KingMob, Please lay down in a dark room, reduce coffee consumption and relax. Maybe do a crossword or stroke a stray cat to try and stay calm, particularly as we begin enter pandemic status. Tally ho.
    Again, still unsure why simple questions illicit such bizarre attacks...:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

the virus is on the island, check out RTS News, i guess it was about time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Mic 1972 wrote: »
    the virus is on the island, check out RTS News, i guess it was about time

Yes the first was several days ago, now there is a second oncirmed case on the Island.

tuxy wrote: »
    Yes the first was several days ago, now there is a second oncirmed case on the Island.

this one is on the republic, not sure how much difference it makes, it just feels closer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

this one is on the republic, not sure how much difference it makes, it just feels closer

Why did you say first one on the Island then?

1. It first appeared in the only city in China with a BSL-4 laboratory capable of creating biological weapons – Wuhan
    2. The first doctors to report its appearance among the public were arrested and silenced
    3. The Chinese government originally tried to cover up the existence of the disease
    4. It has genetic fingerprints that do not normally occur in nature
    5. The Chinese are attempting to take extreme steps to control it, steps so extreme they have never been taken in human history

There’s more to the story.

BSL-4 labs like these – in the US, Russia, China and Israel – exist for one reason only: to weaponize diseases. They have no other legitimate purpose.

The World Health Organization (WHO) signs off on the creation and operation of most of these labs.

Big Pharma provides the WHO with 50% of its funding.

The sponsor of these labs in the US is the Pentagon and they’re assisted in their work by the CDC.

Dr. Francis Boyle is an international law professor at the University of Illinois and author, among others, of Biowarfare and Terrorism. He’s the man who drafted the U.S. Biological Weapons Anti-Terrorism Act of 1989 signed into law by George H. W. Bush.

He says the coronavirus has all the appears appearances of an offensive biological weapon that escaped from the Wuhan BSL-4 laboratory.

It's common public knowledge he's vested (in various means, fiscal or otherwise) in the vax industry. And has just invested millions in a vax for the latest coronavirus.

Someone else (The Nal) suggested he had something to do with the virus itself, which is very sinister and baseless. It's simply a circumstancal situation.

He invested 100million this week

the only "purpose" i can see for an artificially created virus like this one is to get rid of the elderly. Sad really

the only "purpose" i can see for an artificially created virus like this one is to get rid of the elderly. Sad really

Is that all you could see?

• Advertisement

1. It first appeared in the only city in China with a BSL-4 laboratory capable of creating biological weapons – Wuhan

Yup it first appeared in Wuhan
    2. The first doctors to report its appearance among the public were arrested and silenced

It's China, they are generally like that
    3. The Chinese government originally tried to cover up the existence of the disease

Not really surprising
    4. It has genetic fingerprints that do not normally occur in nature

Hmmm
    5. The Chinese are attempting to take extreme steps to control it, steps so extreme they have never been taken in human history

A bit subjective but a widespread contagious virus significantly threatens the Chinese (and world) economy
    There’s more to the story.

BSL-4 labs like these – in the US, Russia, China and Israel – exist for one reason only: to weaponize diseases. They have no other legitimate purpose.

The World Health Organization (WHO) signs off on the creation and operation of most of these labs.

Big Pharma provides the WHO with 50% of its funding.

The sponsor of these labs in the US is the Pentagon and they’re assisted in their work by the CDC.

Dr. Francis Boyle is an international law professor at the University of Illinois and author, among others, of Biowarfare and Terrorism. He’s the man who drafted the U.S. Biological Weapons Anti-Terrorism Act of 1989 signed into law by George H. W. Bush.

He says the coronavirus has all the appears appearances of an offensive biological weapon that escaped from the Wuhan BSL-4 laboratory.

Pretty crappy offensive biological weapon: "Sir we've invented something that kills 1% of people and spreads all over the world screwing everyone up including ourselves."

Advertisement