Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Personal injury welfare

• 26-11-2019 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello everyone. I am 21 years old and completely independent. I will be undergoing shoulder surgery in a few months and am wondering will I qualify for any welfare options. The injury is personal and not worked related but I will be unfit to work for a few months after the operation. If anybody has any experience in this area please let me know thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,234 Mod ✭✭✭✭Edwardius

moved to more appropriate forum

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

If you have enough stamps you will qualify for illness benefit. If not you will have to apply for supplementary welfare allowance. You will be means tested for the later on any capital you have over €5k

Advertisement