Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tesla Cybertruck

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Musk said he was inspired by the Lotus Esprit, it's a pity he didn't actually look at one of them first.

As usual, he's lying:

dust-buster-amazon-dustbuster-18v-dustbuster-vacuum-lowes.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

Look at all that flat, plate-iron like the bodywork. Looks like they had the a designer from ISIS design the body of it, getting inspiration from ISIS's improvised suicide fighting vehicles in Syria.
    I wonder do you get welded into it when you get in?

Markcheese wrote: »
    The usual medium and large truck buyers are buying something costly and not very fuel efficient.. The core product is fairly Conservative, (although there is a huge market for aggressive styling add ons, wheels lighting Ect..),
    So they're not really the market for this truck...

Tesla may be just using this cyber truck to set the stage.. Selling them as tough and agressive off road vehicles to give cred to SUV s that are to follow. You can't miss this thing, (like a hummer, it's daft but people love em)

Careful with that comparison. The Hummer was so well loved they sold an incredible 325 of them in 2009.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

cnocbui wrote: »
    As usual, he's lying:

dust-buster-amazon-dustbuster-18v-dustbuster-vacuum-lowes.jpg

The resemblance is actually striking.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,138 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The side profile of the truck is pretty similar to an S2 now you mention it. Class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rivegauche

it looks like something BA Baracus would have cooked up at short notice out of Boiler Plate and scrap at the behest of Hannibal.

This is probably what Musk had in mind when giving the design brief:

vehicle_ad_standard_image_6564ad1423f7f7d946d512b92dae1152.jpg

Then he took his eye off the ball and by the time he asked what they for him, it was too late.

I absolutely love the Reventon, which is why the Cyber duck makes me want to throw up.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,138 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

280px-Lotus_Esprit_S2_1980.jpg

More likely this because it actually looks like it to some degree, as does the dustbuster too to be fair :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

Seeing this video all over the news this afternoon and on social media.

We love to see people fail, don't we :D

Windows aside, i'm very surprised at the design. Nowhere near as aesthecically pleasing as the other car models.

I'd advise him to blast it into the abyss, but i'd be afraid it might found by another life form and they'd judge us based on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,637 ✭✭✭✭josip

Pre-release versions of the Cybertruck can already be purchased

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Looks like something he knocked up in his shed.

I love it, I would absolutely buy one if I had the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭embraer170

I wonder what the headroom will be like in the rear seats?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

You can dress it up all you want as "interesting", "challenging" "subverting expectations", "brave", "futuristic" or whatever but its bloody awful, a ugly delorian on stilts withe the model 3 interior.

The Chai Latee, glasses and polo necks types wont want this, the the testosterone soaked usual pickup truck driver wont want this crap.

Just when Tesla are starting to get taken seriously....shame on you Elon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

samih wrote: »
    I did point out that the pickup trucks are not typically safe for pedestrians. The bonnet can be made soft with the right thickness of materials and by not having an engine with ancillaries to stop the deflection happening. Also the steeply raked windscreen is kind to pedestrians compared to typical windscreen. Finally the autopilot should ensure that most of the contacts can be avoided by the time this launches.

Lot of assumptions. We'll have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

Deposit paid!

Drops the Mic.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

macnab wrote: »
    Deposit paid!

Drops the Mic.....

Wow...you have a spare 100 euro...better spent on an eye test. Remember when you pick up the mic to bend with your knees.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭jusmeig

macnab wrote: »
    Deposit paid!

Drops the Mic.....

U might get your space truck before we get our Model 3's :D

That has to be a prank, or something put together at very short notice. It looks like a prop from a school play.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

This will certainly have the haters on the roads here out in force. Worth buying for that reason alone !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

the ball throwing at the windows was one major cock up . This was obviously not tested in place before hand. Perhaps a rush job to get in on the potium to grab some headlines. Safety should not be rushed. The design is awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

So this is 39k

The model 3 was 35k and ended up here at 50k wasn’t it?

So expect on the road for about 60k?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

Wow...you have a spare 100 euro...better spent on an eye test. Remember when you pick you the mic to bend with your knees.

Maybe you should get an eye test also, or spell check your posts. 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Markcheese

cnocbui wrote: »
    Careful with that comparison. The Hummer was so well loved they sold an incredible 325 of them in 2009.

True, but how many did it sell in the 90s and 2000s

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 23,260 ✭✭✭✭ted1

the ball throwing at the windows was one major cock up . This was obviously not tested in place before hand. Perhaps a rush job to get in on the potium to grab some headlines. Safety should not be rushed. The design is awful.

When I saw them drop the ball from a height I noticed how much the glass bounced as it wasn’t clamped down. I thought it would be interesting to see what happens when it is clamped.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,260 ✭✭✭✭ted1

armoured glass lol

I’d say it’s the same tech they are using for their solar roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

If you compare this to say Chevy Silverado 2020 I know which one I'd be embarrassed to seen in. And it's not the Cybertruck. Overnight the Chevy just looks like from a different era.

Silverado HD

SILVERADOHD-MAIN_i.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,637 ✭✭✭✭josip

Fcuking hell. My mother is more aerodynamic than that abomination.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,367 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    So this is 39k

The model 3 was 35k and ended up here at 50k wasn’t it?

So expect on the road for about 60k?

would expect 50/60/70 for the three variants here.
    Model 3 was 35k but the version that landed here was SR+ with AP which was never 35 but was 38-39k... that was 48k here.

Advertisement