Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

List of EasyGo charge locations?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Felexicon

unkel wrote: »
    That would be very handy, the fob is tiny and I attached it to my key ring today. I presume that as long as the ESB AC chargers are free, charging there using the EasyGo fob would also be free?

EasyGo fob should be working on ESB and Ionity charge points now.
    ESB AC chargers are free through EasyGo too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Whats the cost of easygo on Ionnity?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,367 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I'm interested to know the costs of ecars and the costs of Ionity on the easygo app too. It still shows as "free" for both at the moment which of course is a mistake

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

ewj1978 wrote: »
    Whats the cost of easygo on Ionnity?

looking at the easygo app, it says €0.00!!

(I've only a basic account, no fob, and haven't used easyGo yet)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭innrain

I've tried to start ecars charger with easygo fob/app but to no avail.

• Advertisement

Interesting, so the interoperability is not fully there yet.
    Damn, I knew free was too good to be true!

• Registered Users Posts: 64,773 ✭✭✭✭unkel

I never bothered charging at Tesco Liffey Valley as my Ioniq could only take 7kW. The Easy Go chargers are marked as 22kW though on the Easy Go app and on ZapMap, so I thought I'd try yesterday. But they are only 7kW and are marked as such physically on the chargers themselves

Bit of a disappointment that, another pretty much useless set of chargers really...

Can someone in Easy Go who reads this, please change their description? And a lot of their AC chargers are marked as 22kW. Are all / most of them just 7kW too?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,563 ✭✭✭zg3409

Can someone in Easy Go who reads this, please change their description? And a lot of their AC chargers are marked as 22kW. Are all / most of them just 7kW too?

Easygo don't read this. They are active on Facebook and twitter and respond to emails. Most sites are 22kW. Send them an email with details and they might update power level on their app. It says 7kW on plugshare

I never bothered charging at Tesco Liffey Valley as my Ioniq could only take 7kW. The Easy Go chargers are marked as 22kW though on the Easy Go app and on ZapMap, so I thought I'd try yesterday. But they are only 7kW and are marked as such physically on the chargers themselves

Bit of a disappointment that, another pretty much useless set of chargers really...

I used some of their lidl chargers around the country and they were at least 16a 3 phase per port (I got a consistent 12kW)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭innrain

Charges at Tesco Liffey Valley are Tesco's operations and not Easygo. They might have supplied them but they have no control. Where it says is 22kW? There was a label 7.2 last year when I was there.

l.e. https://www.plugshare.com/location/155153 see the picture

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,773 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Tried EasyGo fob on ESB slow charger today, doesn't work.

Easygo Kinnegad 2 x 50kW chargers which were free will be pay to use from July 13th. 0.35c/kWh plus 0.35c PER MINUTE overstay fee after 60 minutes

https://m.facebook.com/EasyGo.ie/photos/a.231315467632640/718969478867234/?type=3

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

...and an initial fee which I’ve never noticed before

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    ...and an initial fee which I’ve never noticed before
    They have it on all their fast chargers, think its like 30c, hardly breaking the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭McGiver

A bit old new, but haven't seen this posted here.
    EasyGo partners with Eir for rapid charging in Ireland

In Ireland, EV charging network provider EasyGo launched a partnership with telecoms company Eir to replace 180 public telephone booths with EV rapid charging points. Around €10 million are to be invested in the plan, and results are expected in January.

https://www.electrive.com/2020/12/07/easygo-partners-with-eir-in-ireland-for-rapid-charging-points/

Sounds like a good idea that old infra is repurposed, but phone booths would be most likely in cities and towns so not the best place for FCPs? Anyhow - +180 FCPs certainly counts. We've only 90-100 in the whole country now (I don't count the 5 Ionity locations or Tesla Superchargers).

McGiver wrote: »
    A bit old new, but haven't seen this posted here.

It’s in the EasyGo thread. Not really relevant to eCars.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Moved post re EasyGo/Eir partnership

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭McGiver

It’s in the EasyGo thread. Not really relevant to eCars.
    Didn't see it, it's been moved here, nothing before...

McGiver wrote: »
    Didn't see it, it's been moved here, nothing before...

EasyGo thread....

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058111343/5
    EasyGo partnering with EIR to transform 180 old Telephone boxes into DC chargers...

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2020/1207/1182799-180-telephone-boxes-to-be-turned-into-car-charge-points/

Great move.

I put up on the new chargers sticky that easygo plan on more lidl sites for 2021, NI and ROI

They have removed the DC charger from.lidl Drogheda, and replaced it with a dual AC unit.
    The Drogheda unit was very old and CCS was broken for months.

Here is a bit of fake news from Irish times
    https://www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-and-tourism/easygo-overtakes-esb-as-largest-provider-of-charge-points-for-electric-vehicles-1.4468496?mode=amp
    The Kildare-based company, which uses DC rapid chargers, developed by plug and charge company Tritium, also announced it had secured an additional €10 million in funding from private equity, which would fund the ongoing rollout of its network, while creating an additional 50 jobs.
    They don't have more sites than ESB, they seem to include the ESB sites in their total too.
    On the latest easygo app update you can filter out non easygo sites to see their own network coverage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,193 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

zg3409 wrote: »
    I put up on the new chargers sticky that easygo plan on more lidl sites for 2021, NI and ROI

They have removed the DC charger from.lidl Drogheda, and replaced it with a dual AC unit.
    The Drogheda unit was very old and CCS was broken for months.

Here is a bit of fake news from Irish times
    https://www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-and-tourism/easygo-overtakes-esb-as-largest-provider-of-charge-points-for-electric-vehicles-1.4468496?mode=amp

They don't have more sites than ESB, they seem to include the ESB sites in their total too.
    On the latest easygo app update you can filter out non easygo sites to see their own network coverage.

IIRC, not just the ESB ones but some of the Circle K ones as well.
    The theory is that they are all accessible from their app.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Advertisement