Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon Delivery Restrictions to Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭jos22

anytime I saw that message on blurays. I just added them to the basket as normal and clicked checkout and they dispatched and delivered as normal

just ordered a switch game tonight with that message on it, item is now preparing to dispatch

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

jos22 wrote: »
    anytime I saw that message on blurays. I just added them to the basket as normal and clicked checkout and they dispatched and delivered as normal

just ordered a switch game tonight with that message on it, item is now preparing to dispatch

I've tried that before and still none of them work. At some point in the process it tells me that the items can't ship here and I need to take them out of my basket to proceed :confused:

ok odd, tried an other one there tonight and it now be blocked before confirmation.
    some pain

• Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭political analyst

I've just learned about this restriction when I tried to order a Region 2 English-language DVD boxset (It doesn't matter which programme it is). I don't see why Brexit would make a difference if you have the money to pay for whatever you want to order.

I've just learned about this restriction when I tried to order a Region 2 English-language DVD boxset (It doesn't matter which programme it is). I don't see why Brexit would make a difference if you have the money to pay for whatever you want to order.

2 of the items that were restrict for me back in march, are now eligible for prime delivery to Ireland, so possible there something else going on other than brexit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Most of the stuff that won't ship to me is either due to batteries, liquids, or sometimes it's just ultra cheap stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,790 ✭✭✭✭cormie

I'm restocking on some dental floss and tooth paste, both of which I've ordered before and had shipped with other items from Amazon, all sent in the one package to Ire.

Each product I want has about 15 different sellers, I tried add them all to the basket and none will ship to Ireland. It's also a pain having to go through the checkout process to find it out. They all appear to be sold through "free shipping on orders over £20", or prime, so you think they'll qualify, but they don't.

I'd be ok paying Parcel Motel/Parcel Wizard/Address Pal, if I knew they would both go in the same package, but to not know whether it'll be €4 or €8 is a pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Jukebox Jim

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread but this problem is really frustrating me. I've bought many blu rays from Amazon over the years but recently more and more items won't ship to Ireland. Specifically Blade Runner 2049 on 4K blu ray and Thomas Crowne Affair (remake.) I've contacted amazon support with no result. It's mad as they're both being sold directly from Amazon UK and carry the Irish certificate mark on them. I'm feeling like my Prime membership is getting more pointless each day ��

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

There is no actual logic to it.

I became very frustrated with them and cancelled prime. Forget going through the helpdesk. Last time I checked they were in Jamaica. Not very helpful and a lot of attitude.

Senior staff are aware of it. The gist of it, is everything is going to change at the end of this yer anyway, so hang on in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Mav11

Apologies for resurrecting an old thread but this problem is really frustrating me. I've bought many blu rays from Amazon over the years but recently more and more items won't ship to Ireland. Specifically Blade Runner 2049 on 4K blu ray and Thomas Crowne Affair (remake.) I've contacted amazon support with no result. It's mad as they're both being sold directly from Amazon UK and carry the Irish certificate mark on them. I'm feeling like my Prime membership is getting more pointless each day ��

I know it is not ideal, but could you not use Parcel Motel or Address Pal? I find the PM service to be top class and prefer getting goods delivered there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Another option is to look at amazon Germany and (especially if you collect) buy them from there and send them to mailboxde.com with package consolidating.
    You can leave them there until you have built up a decent amount and ship them to you as one package. I find it handy for stuff I don't need in a hurry, as their shipping is relatively cheap, and they often have better offers than the UK.
    Incidentally, Blade Runner 2049 4K Blu-Ray ships to Ireland for me, from this link - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07661RSFZ/

I have emailed PW and PM and asked if they had any future plans for consolidation, but both said that they didn't.

Media Markt, Media Dealer, Saturn and many others often do special offers and they can help add to them. It's an option.
    https://www.mediamarkt.de/de/category/_filme-serien-463452.html
    https://www.media-dealer.de/
    https://www.saturn.de/de/category/_film-serien-musik-473811.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭AulWan

I'm having the same problem.

I was trying to buy special non slip footwear for my elderly mother and I could only find it on amazon, only to find not a single seller would deliver to Ireland, and when I tried parcel motel, that was refused too.

Very frustrating. I also cancelled Prime.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I can also get blade runner in a different link to the previous one.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Blade-Runner-Ultra-Blu-ray-Region/dp/B07VFN6WLH/ref=asc_df_B07VFN6WLH/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=375481317726&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=8390115782857551555&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1007850&hvtargid=pla-814170478310&psc=1&th=1&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=80522279161&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=375481317726&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=8390115782857551555&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1007850&hvtargid=pla-814170478310

AulWan wrote: »
    I tried parcel motel, that was refused too
    addresspal is a better bet as its mainland UK, many will not ship to NI.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

Is there anyway of getting around this? No sellers are currently delivering this item to Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 15,822 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

leemaree wrote: »
    Is there anyway of getting around this? No sellers are currently delivering this item to Ireland

Which item?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

I have prime well over a year, I buy loads on amazon. Since yesterday most things I've viewed have a delivery fee of at least €14.99. Anyone know what's going on?

Very strange, most, if everything I order has free prime delivery :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

michellie wrote: »
    I have prime well over a year, I buy loads on amazon. Since yesterday most things I've viewed have a delivery fee of at least €14.99. Anyone know what's going on?

Are you sure it's shipped by Amazon?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Prime is not exclusive for Amazon. Other sellers might have prime badge, which means fast shipping, but won't offer free prime shipping.

You will get free shipping with Prime by Amazon and Fulfilled by Amazon. Third party prime costs. It's a MESS.

Anyone know what's going on?
    as per usual, if people posted links it would help hugely.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

The not shipping to Ireland thing is ridiculous at the moment. I also have prime.

Things I've tried and failed over the past weeks include: nail strengthener, fabric dye (certain colours), multiple baking tools, some chocolates, lipstick, kids toys (certain items including many jigsaws). Yet no issue with other stuff including 10 archive boxes (big and bulky).

Had to get the baking stuff from eBay and some of the other stuff from other sites. It's just so random and frustrating. I know that Amazon aren't the most responsible company but the one stop shop nature of their site is so convenient at times like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Loozer

Looking for a bike tube and a Nintendo lead yesterday

Hardly any available for delivery here, I'm starting to think about other options the way it's been going

Caranica wrote: »
    The not shipping to Ireland thing is ridiculous at the moment. I also have prime.
    are they doing similar to argos, who have loads of items on the site but are only selling ones that could be got in shops selling "essential good".

Argos would not sell a tree pruner, but would sell me a hair straightener as it falls under personal care items.

rubadub wrote: »
    are they doing similar to argos, who have loads of items on the site but are only selling ones that could be got in shops selling "essential good".

Argos would not sell a tree pruner, but would sell me a hair straightener as it falls under personal care items.

No. You could get different shades in the same lipstick, larger sizes of chocolate, different colours of dye, same jigsaw with different characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Grueller Baby

rubadub wrote: »

This is correct, Amazon are prioritising essential items. Deliveries to Ireland are 7-10 days at the moment. As stock is stored in warehouses all across the EU there are some delays, France has ordered all Amazon warehouses shut.

This is correct, Amazon are prioritising essential items. Deliveries to Ireland are 7-10 days at the moment. As stock is stored in warehouses all across the EU there are some delays, France has ordered all Amazon warehouses shut.

That's not the only issue though, it's the amount of stuff that's not delivering to Ireland. Basic, mundane stuff. Printer ink was another one I struggled to get.

Before all this I'd see maybe 1/50 items not available for delivery here. Now it's closer to 15-20/50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Loozer

The amount of time it takes to make up an order is ridiculous too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,820 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Caranica wrote: »
    Printer ink was another one I struggled to get.
    Just picking up on this point. I did a search for ink cartridges for my printer and clicked on the first 6 of the search results and every one of them deliver to Ireland. Im not sure if its a rare type of cartridge you are after or something else but I dont see an issue. I had 2 deliveries from Amazon in the last week and while they weren't as fast as they were in the past they arrived though.

Just for the record Amazon are prioritising orders so that would explain some of the delays and general issues.

Advertisement