Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

28-10-2018, 21:07   #61
Boom_Bap
Landfill

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev1.3s View Post
The thing that baffles me is that Steven was convicted on the basis that the murder was in the garage and brendan was convicted on his confession which states the murder happened in the trailer.
How can two people be found guilty of the same crime in two different crime scenes? Surely one scenario at least cannot be true.
I believe that it's all from Brendan's 'confession'.
Brendan says that they stabbed her in the trailer and cut her throat, but she wasn't dead. The detectives then led the story to the garage where the spend casing was found.
Brendan initially says it happened outside but was then persuaded that it happened inside which puts the final bullet in the garage near the casing.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
29-10-2018, 22:22   #62
long_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro:electro View Post
Just watching the final episode now and it’s on the phone call between Barb, Scott and Steven.
You’d wonder is Brendan better off locked away from these freaks.
What got me was Barb, when SA suggested her husband might have done it, her denial was just "I was with him all day"

Not, "he'd never do anything to hurt anyone".

Just "he didn't have the chance"

And who buys leg irons????
(2) thanks from:
29-10-2018, 22:34   #63
shamrock55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom_Bap View Post
I believe that it's all from Brendan's 'confession'.
Brendan says that they stabbed her in the trailer and cut her throat, but she wasn't dead. The detectives then led the story to the garage where the spend casing was found.
Brendan initially says it happened outside but was then persuaded that it happened inside which puts the final bullet in the garage near the casing.
Yea the bullet that never passed through a human body
(3) thanks from:
30-10-2018, 07:46   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by long_b View Post
What got me was Barb, when SA suggested her husband might have done it, her denial was just "I was with him all day"

Not, "he'd never do anything to hurt anyone".

Just "he didn't have the chance"

And who buys leg irons????
Plus he was only with her from 5!
(3) thanks from:
30-10-2018, 09:03   #65
Mantis Toboggan

Just finished this last night, thought it was really good.

Scott really showed his through colours on that phone call. I'd be of the belief that Steven Avery is innocent. Hard to believe that he's been in jail now for 31 years possibly for crimes he didn't commit.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
30-10-2018, 09:07   #66
Boom_Bap
Landfill

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrock55 View Post
Yea the bullet that never passed through a human body
Not necessarily, it never passed through a head/skull as there was no bone fragment on it.
But given that the previous owner of the gun said that he used to shoot at everything including the barn with the gun, it's most likely the bullet came from there or from the Averys doing something similar.

I've spent some time in that neck of the woods and they love their guns, particularly for shooting gophers. A girl I know there got her first .22 when was 9 or something and used to shoot gophers with it.
Thanks from:
30-10-2018, 10:27   #67
Mountainsandh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom_Bap View Post
Not necessarily, it never passed through a head/skull as there was no bone fragment on it.
But given that the previous owner of the gun said that he used to shoot at everything including the barn with the gun, it's most likely the bullet came from there or from the Averys doing something similar.

I've spent some time in that neck of the woods and they love their guns, particularly for shooting gophers. A girl I know there got her first .22 when was 9 or something and used to shoot gophers with it.
Which makes it all the crazier when Ken Kratz argues that Brendan's confession was 100% genuine and valid because he gave "never before released" information on how the crime happened. In the interview I'm talking about he says, with his slimy voice : "he told investigators what gun was used to shoot her" as if it was a shocking revelation. Like the young fella wouldn't know what guns his uncles have. Jaysus. Not even in rural Ireland would you find that unusual. I know dozens of young fellas who would know exactly what gun the uncle shoots rabbits with.
Thanks from:
30-10-2018, 17:59   #68
MonkieSocks

Avery's blood found on the dash of Theresa Hallbach's car.

If the blood came directly from Avery's finger as the prosecution have said,

It would be a clear clean sample.

If the blood was planted (blood from previous blood sample) as the defense has stated,

That blood would have been stored in a Vacutainer,

Vacutainer tubes may contain additional substances that preserve blood for processing in a medical laboratory. ... The additives may include anticoagulants (EDTA, sodium citrate, heparin) or a gel with density between those of blood cells and blood plasma.

If there is EDTA on the sample on the dash, it may be evidence of blood being planted.

If not....then Avery may put it there
30-10-2018, 18:46   #69
Mountainsandh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkieSocks View Post

If the blood was planted (blood from previous blood sample) as the defense has stated,

Vacutainer tubes may contain additional substances that preserve blood for processing in a medical laboratory. ... The additives may include anticoagulants (EDTA, sodium citrate, heparin) or a gel with density between those of blood cells and blood plasma.

If there is EDTA on the sample on the dash, it may be evidence of blood being planted.

That's being addressed in season 2.
Advertisement
30-10-2018, 20:51   #70
MonkieSocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountainsandh View Post
That's being addressed in season 2.

Have only watched 4 episodes so far, guess I will see soon.

Thanks
(2) thanks from:
30-10-2018, 22:31   #71
Mam of 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkieSocks View Post

That's the bit I don't get - if SA was in the jeep and the blood did come from his finger , (not planted there ) , why was there no fingerprints on the steering wheel ?

He must not have had gloves on for the blood to have smeared where it (supposedly ) did ?
30-10-2018, 22:33   #72
retro:electro

The blood stains look suspiciously strange too. Very unnatural looking or something.
Thanks from:
30-10-2018, 22:36   #73
Mam of 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro:electro View Post
The blood stains look suspiciously strange too. Very unnatural looking or something.
When you put it all together , it just doesn't completely add up , for me anyway .
(2) thanks from:
31-10-2018, 07:21   #74
Mountainsandh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mam of 4 View Post
When you put it all together , it just doesn't completely add up , for me anyway .
+1

Also, isn't it unlikely that, in a murder through stabbing, gunshot, and other slashing, there should be nearly more blood from the perpetrator 's cut on his hand than the victim's?

If he cleaned up the victim's blood so carefully in the trailer and garage, how could he overlook his own blood in the car, and the boot ? If he couldn't be bothered, why didn't he crush the car or dump it elsewhere ? How could he just go up North to the father's cabin knowing the car with his blood was on the scene ?

If he is a mastermind of deception for other aspects of the case, how could he be such a blundering fool for this ?
(3) thanks from:
31-10-2018, 08:53   #75
Mam of 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountainsandh View Post
+1

Also, isn't it unlikely that, in a murder through stabbing, gunshot, and other slashing, there should be nearly more blood from the perpetrator 's cut on his hand than the victim's?

If he cleaned up the victim's blood so carefully in the trailer and garage, how could he overlook his own blood in the car, and the boot ? If he couldn't be bothered, why didn't he crush the car or dump it elsewhere ? How could he just go up North to the father's cabin knowing the car with his blood was on the scene ?

If he is a mastermind of deception for other aspects of the case, how could he be such a blundering fool for this ?
Exactly ! None of it makes sense ,imo .

To shoot and then dismember someone, surely the amount of blood , bodily fluids etc , would have taken hours to clean up , let alone be cleaned so thoroughly that there was no bone fragments found anywhere in the garage or his trailer ?!
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion