Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
26-10-2018, 10:48   #31
Mantis Toboggan
Registered User
 
Mantis Toboggan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 11,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipsy McSwagger View Post
It’s a completely biased production made to cater for the Facebook generation, lazy arses who just watch the show and scream they are innocent.
What info was in the trial that we know was left out of the documentary?
Mantis Toboggan is offline  
Advertisement
26-10-2018, 11:01   #32
Tipsy McSwagger
Registered User
 
Tipsy McSwagger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 8,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantis Toboggan View Post
What info was in the trial that we know was left out of the documentary?
Go research it for yourself, look past the biased documentary and come to your own conclusion

Last edited by Tipsy McSwagger; 26-10-2018 at 11:06.
Tipsy McSwagger is offline  
26-10-2018, 11:13   #33
Mantis Toboggan
Registered User
 
Mantis Toboggan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 11,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipsy McSwagger View Post
Go research it for yourself, look past the biased documentary and come to your own conclusion
Will do.

I thought when you were saying it's biased that you knew of some info which wasn't in the documentary? I've heard things are missing from the doc that were in the trial but I haven't been able to find anything.

What makes you say it's biased?
Mantis Toboggan is offline  
Thanks from:
26-10-2018, 11:46   #34
Tipsy McSwagger
Registered User
 
Tipsy McSwagger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 8,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantis Toboggan View Post
Will do.

I thought when you were saying it's biased that you knew of some info which wasn't in the documentary? I've heard things are missing from the doc that were in the trial but I haven't been able to find anything.

What makes you say it's biased?
One of the episodes ended on a big cliffhanger. The defense claimed a blood vial was tampered with, it was punctured and Avery’s blood was then planted in Theresa’s car. They made this out to be the smoking gun. Except it’s common to puncture a blood vial and insert/draw blood. This ‘smoking gun’ didn’t even make it to Avery’s appeal hearing it was that laughable.
Tipsy McSwagger is offline  
(2) thanks from:
26-10-2018, 12:46   #35
jacdaniel2014
Registered User
 
jacdaniel2014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,119
Based on the information we have, we know Theresa didn't die in the manner Steven was convicted of. No blood or DNA to suggest it happened that way. Zellners arguement is much more plausible. The thing is, there is something missing. Why did the police plant the evidence?

1) They were involved in the murder to frame Avery? That seems hugely unlikely, they could have just killed him.

2) They know the real murderer or they know it's not Avery but they went after him anyways to avoid paying him and to restore their reputation. This is way more likely but it's still hard to think that a police force would let a murderer away.

3) They had reason to believe that Steven was guilty and just went with it, planting evidence to secure the conviction. This seems most likely, but what made them so sure it was? This is the part Zellner is missing.

She needs to find out what made them so sure of his guilt that they planted evidence.

That's no easy task.
jacdaniel2014 is offline  
Advertisement
26-10-2018, 12:52   #36
Boom_Bap
Landfill
 
Boom_Bap's Avatar
I think the reasoning behind the planting of evidence is because the state were in a battle with him already over his payout for previous false conviction and incarceration.

If he was locked up again, the payout would be cancelled or be drastically reduced. So they planted evidence and tampered to make this happen.

Plus - the family was not liked at all in the county and known to be trouble makers I believe.
Boom_Bap is offline  
Thanks from:
26-10-2018, 12:58   #37
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacdaniel2014 View Post
Based on the information we have, we know Theresa didn't die in the manner Steven was convicted of. No blood or DNA to suggest it happened that way. Zellners arguement is much more plausible. The thing is, there is something missing. Why did the police plant the evidence?

1) They were involved in the murder to frame Avery? That seems hugely unlikely, they could have just killed him.

2) They know the real murderer or they know it's not Avery but they went after him anyways to avoid paying him and to restore their reputation. This is way more likely but it's still hard to think that a police force would let a murderer away.

3) They had reason to believe that Steven was guilty and just went with it, planting evidence to secure the conviction. This seems most likely, but what made them so sure it was? This is the part Zellner is missing.

She needs to find out what made them so sure of his guilt that they planted evidence.

That's no easy task.
Avery was likely about to get a big payout in a civil case against the state for his first wrongful conviction. Think it was mentioned in the first season that the cops involved (Colburn/Lenk and probably others) could be personally liable for those costs.

That alone is more than enough motive. They may have planted evidence because a) they still believed he was guilty for the first crime and wanted in back in jail regardless of his guilt of the second, or b) to have the civil case thrown out to spare themselves the expense of liability and/or any professional ramifications they may have faced.
Pelvis is offline  
(2) thanks from:
26-10-2018, 14:49   #38
marklazarcovic
Registered User
 
marklazarcovic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 5,174
Kratz boils my blood,whooring himself to every tv show available when Brendan could have been released,really was desperate for it not to happen..a deeply untrustworthy individual.
marklazarcovic is offline  
(3) thanks from:
26-10-2018, 14:51   #39
marklazarcovic
Registered User
 
marklazarcovic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 5,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelvis View Post
Avery was likely about to get a big payout in a civil case against the state for his first wrongful conviction. Think it was mentioned in the first season that the cops involved (Colburn/Lenk and probably others) could be personally liable for those costs.

That alone is more than enough motive. They may have planted evidence because a) they still believed he was guilty for the first crime and wanted in back in jail regardless of his guilt of the second, or b) to have the civil case thrown out to spare themselves the expense of liability and/or any professional ramifications they may have faced.
They probably thought it would just be a straight forward conviction,no payout,life goes on...

They had no idea how big and scrutinized this case would become at the time..none of them did
marklazarcovic is offline  
Advertisement
26-10-2018, 14:53   #40
retro:electro
Registered User
 
retro:electro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 18,527
Quote:
Originally Posted by marklazarcovic View Post
Kratz boils my blood,whooring himself to every tv show available when Brendan could have been released,really was desperate for it not to happen..a deeply untrustworthy individual.
He’s an odious pig. Literally shlt on your shoe in human form
retro:electro is offline  
(2) thanks from:
26-10-2018, 15:11   #41
dulux99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipsy McSwagger View Post
It’s a completely biased production made to cater for the Facebook generation, lazy arses who just watch the show and scream they are innocent.
Do you conduct your own independent investigation following watching anything crime related on TV?

People watch these things as entertainment. We're not detectives.

You can pick holes in the case, as plenty have, but to say people are lazy because not going in depth into the case is a weird attitude to have.
dulux99 is offline  
26-10-2018, 17:35   #42
Tipsy McSwagger
Registered User
 
Tipsy McSwagger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 8,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulux99 View Post
Do you conduct your own independent investigation following watching anything crime related on TV?

People watch these things as entertainment. We're not detectives.

You can pick holes in the case, as plenty have, but to say people are lazy because not going in depth into the case is a weird attitude to have.
When I watch a crime documentary I like to research the other side of the case not just a one sided one. It’s not entertainment when lazy arses are starting online petitions to try and get this scumbag freed, here’s a link

https://www.change.org/p/president-o...e-steven-avery

Ye entertainment me hole, go and say that to Theresa Halbach’s family.
Tipsy McSwagger is offline  
26-10-2018, 17:41   #43
dulux99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tipsy McSwagger View Post
When I watch a crime documentary I like to research the other side of the case not just a one sided one. It’s not entertainment when lazy arses are starting online petitions to try and get this scumbag freed, here’s a link

https://www.change.org/p/president-o...e-steven-avery

Ye entertainment me hole, go and say that to Theresa Halbach’s family.
It's literally a TV show on Netflix. It is of course entertainment.
dulux99 is offline  
26-10-2018, 17:43   #44
Mantis Toboggan
Registered User
 
Mantis Toboggan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 11,930
Well in fairness to the documentary very few on the Hallbach side wanted anything to do with the documentary so it was always going to appear one sided, I don't get the Facebook generation line though, what's that supposed to mean?
Mantis Toboggan is offline  
26-10-2018, 17:48   #45
dulux99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,787
If anything the "Facebook generation" would be more inclined to do research as they'd have access to more information online. But whatever, we're all idiots for watching this TV show, we should be reading through old police records and trying to solve the crime ourselves.
dulux99 is offline  
(2) thanks from:
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet