Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NXT Thread *SPOILERS*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭billion dollar baby

Lots of releases coming today according to sources on Twitter.

Abbey Laith is one that is heavily rumoured

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Lots of releases coming today according to sources on Twitter.

Abbey Laith is one that is heavily rumoured

Harsh if true. They've kept no hopers longer on the main roster alone. Story seems to have picked up a fair bit of steam so unfortunately looks to be true.

Harsh if true. They've kept no hopers longer on the main roster alone. Story seems to have picked up a fair bit of steam so unfortunately looks to be true.

Some of her alleged conduct since she was signed makes it easier to see why they let her go. It’s such a shame to see because she is very talented and was likeable in the Mae Young Classic

Some of her alleged conduct since she was signed makes it easier to see why they let her go. It’s such a shame to see because she is very talented and was likeable in the Mae Young Classic

What conduct is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

What conduct is this?

Alleged conduct.

• Advertisement

Genuinely haven't heard a peep about any heat. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places. Makes me glad the likes of Toni Storm was seemingly in no rush to sign (I say seemingly because I'd be shocked if she wasn't offered a contract; and there is form with these tournaments where stars turn down offers such as Ibushi and Sabre Jr).

By no means am I an expert but some reliable people on Twitter have said that she had weight issues, was not very coachable, had attitude problems and was uncaring towards her roommate Nixon Newell (also under contract) when Newell had ACL surgery. NXT had to pay for Kay Lee Ray to fly over to Orlando and take care of her because Laith wasn’t doing it.

They gave her many chances and she couldn’t make it work.

Allledged of course. I wasn’t there

Weight problems I can't really buy as they knew her weight when they signed her for the MYC. In fact I was convinced that's why they offered her a contract because they bought into her mentality about her weight which she documented in detail.

"Looking after" sounds confusing as well. What's expected? Obviously a lot if they'd fly someone in to do it.

Not having a go, it just sounds thin to me. I'd be curious to know what the attitude problems were.

Weight problems I can't really buy as they knew her weight when they signed her for the MYC. In fact I was convinced that's why they offered her a contract because they bought into her mentality about her weight which she documented in detail.

"Looking after" sounds confusing as well. What's expected? Obviously a lot if they'd fly someone in to do it.

Not having a go, it just sounds thin to me. I'd be curious to know what the attitude problems were.

I’m not an expert by any means but I’ve seen the talk online from reliable sources that those were the reasons given. Apparantly she was given many chances to improve and she didn’t. There seemed to be a feeling that she wasn’t taking advantage of the huge opportunity she was given.

NXT barely ever releases people and have got far more people under contract than they will ever be able to use with more coming in all the time. The fact that a fairly well known indie name like Kimber Lee can be released tells me that there was reasons for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Id say the 'weight issues' are online fabericated rumour. Same happened to Chris Hero in his first run when he was in the best shape of his career.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Id say the 'weight issues' are online fabericated rumour. Same happened to Chris Hero in his first run when he was in the best shape of his career.

always found that funny with that rumour always thought it was more hero wanting to go back to indies more than anything.

with abbey i think there had to be some issues there as she was pushed strongly in mae young classic but seemed to be never used much on live events nevermind tv. so eithier she had attitude problems or they didnt like her performances.

on her weight issues which is i mean she was seemed in grand shape but did seem to be in worse shape than she was when i seen her on the indies which seemed to be the opposite of what has happened most of nxt recruits.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Look at Hero, Owens, Nia Jax, Bray Wyatt,.... all signed when despite being big. I highly doubt its a weight issue especially when she doesnt look over weight

• Registered Users Posts: 28,783 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Watched the first 15 mins of this week's episode. Different venue at last. Full Sail. Good opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Enjoyed this week’s show. They’re doing a good job building to the Takeover. Johnny v Ciampa should be fun, as will Almas v Black. I’m curious as to what they’ll do with the tag team match to work around Bobby Fish’s injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Pentecost wrote: »
    . I’m curious as to what they’ll do with the tag team match to work around Bobby Fish’s injury.

*points to sky*

ADAM COLE BAYBAY!!!

Omackeral wrote: »
    *points to sky*

ADAM COLE BAYBAY!!!

Probably go the freebird route alright, like Sanity used to do. Though I expect he’ll be involved in the shake up for the
    North American championship. I’m not sure whether they’ve said what the story is with that yet, whether it’s going to be a tournament or what

With (Impact spoilers from this week)
    EC3 getting the case in Impact, i can see him maybe being involved at Takeover.

Ricochet getting a coming soon this week as well

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Otis is hilarious.

"It's a Ford! It's a Ford!"

"God, he's quick."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭ThePott

J. Marston wrote: »

After that I think I like Heavy Machinery a lot more than I used to.

Also that dastardly Ciampa drove right through a stop sign :O

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Have to say they are doing the Chiampa/Gargano story line the right way. It has had a slow build up and the pop from this week when Gargano returned was perfect , its unlike the main roster where everything is rushed or given away straight away , even having Johnny away for a few weeks made it great instead of just coming straight back the week after getting fired.

Im guessing we will get Dunne/Strong get to the finals but will lose and then have one more match at Takeover

• Advertisement

Some interesting stuff from Michael Cole on NXT here and who he sees going up to the main roster. Didn’t know he’s involved with it behind the scenes.

https://411mania.com/wrestling/michael-cole-reveals-nxt-stars-wants-see-main-roster/

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭therickreport

A rare Aliyah sighting. Fair props to Ember Moon, she made Aliyah look very good. The match treated her like someone who might actually win as opposed to just being fed to the champ.

Never understood why Aliyah has been so misused by NXT. She's photogenic, quite good in the ring and with plenty of personality. Sure she doesn't have a character yet but how is she supposed to work one out when she's only sent out there once every three tapings? She honestly could have been called up to the Riott Squad in Sarah Logan's place, since she and Liv were a sort of team on NXT.

They already have one woman on Smackdown with no real character who wears cat ears

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭therickreport

Didn't stop em from putting Liv and Carmella on the same roster :P

And with this week's episode, Takeover is shaping up very nicely.
    Though I didn't quite get the name of the new title. Wish they would've said it more than once. :-)
    Well timed intro for EC3 considering he just left Impact. Well received as well. Miss his Trouble theme, though did like him saying the words along with the new one.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    And with this week's episode, Takeover is shaping up very nicely.
    Though I didn't quite get the name of the new title. Wish they would've said it more than once. :-)
    Well timed intro for EC3 considering he just left Impact. Well received as well. Miss his Trouble theme, though did like him saying the words along with the new one.

I doubt it was coincidence. Good show again this week. Simple but entertaining stuff. Takeover should be great.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lads, I was looking at the card, and saw about Fish's injury.

Is Cole really pulling double duty?

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Lads, I was looking at the card, and saw about Fish's injury.

Is Cole really pulling double duty?

Can’t see what else they’ll do. Have Cole lose in the ladder match but step in in the tag match.

New member of the group?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I'm not following NXT weekly but is he integral to the new North American championship? Surely 5 men is enough for any ladder match

Advertisement