Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Love/Hate (v2) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

Finally caught up with this and I have to say that the most recent season just hasn't been as strong as previous ones. Hopefully the next season will be its last and the writers know when to finish things up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Any chance of not having to wait a year for season 5??? Petition anyone :D

Rentens777 wrote: »
    this show is highly overated, that is all

No arguments or credible reasons as to why so or just another stab in the dark remark? :rolleyes:

Any chance of not having to wait a year for season 5??? Petition anyone :D

I would say that the process of filming a series is not all that simple. Dont get me wrong i really felt its absence this week but lets be reasonable there is many factors to consider. Actor availability as well as the editing are considerable constraints. 12 months might be the soonest it can be done all things considered.

Amazingfun wrote: »
    So I decided to watch "The Wire" since there was so much high praise and adulation for it on here, and also because many put down Love/Hate in relation to it.

Well, my verdict is : Love Hate is better.

I am bored by The Wire. I am almost at the end of season 2, and I can hardly stay tuned to be honest.

I wasn't bored by even one episode of LH.

Flame away, but this is my honest opinion, and frankly, I am surprised to feel this way.

I suppose it depends on whether your more inclined toward fast paced series or slow paced series. I just couldn't pick a favourite out of them. I love both. i certainly dont agree with those who think there is a massive gulf and that Love/hate is lagging.

I firmly believe this mindset is ingrained in us by a natural inferiority complex that Irish seem to have toward the US and certain other countries so therefore we automatically dismiss what we produce without any reasonable rationale for why we think this way. Also i think that for the financial constraints it faces that Love/hate is arguably better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

DazMarz wrote: »
    Slightly off-topic here, but of all the television series ever released, no other series used popular music (of the time) more than Miami Vice, and it'd be impossible to imagine some of its most memorable scenes without certain pieces of music (driving through the city to Phil Collins's "In The Air Tonight" is one that stuck out in my mind). I don't think they could have released Miami Vice on DVD without the music; the outrage from fans would have meant it wouldn't have sold much at all!

Universal did the decent thing and coughed up the funds for the music clearances.

Iconic soundtrack - one of my favourites.

578094_10152712571400089_999089031_n.jpg
    563754_10152712571780089_1322912079_n.jpg
    8315_10152712572135089_1324982652_n.jpg
    536230_10152712574610089_1738240564_n.jpg
    408087_10152712574995089_1738191568_n.jpg
    530202_10152712574475089_162392770_n.jpg
    540685_10152712576145089_1381983464_n.jpg
    579831_10152712576415089_53792973_n.jpg
    582450_10152712578345089_1351447086_n.jpg
    564556_10152712578125089_1185135487_n.jpg
    482203_10152712578080089_1917760163_n.jpg
    305946_10152712580160089_2130230368_n.jpg
    539981_10152712580050089_1272145221_n.jpg
    558769_10152712580380089_200918325_n.jpg
    483277_10152712581300089_1591397016_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

I would say that the process of filming a series is not all that simple. Dont get me wrong i really felt its absence this week but lets be reasonable there is many factors to consider. Actor availability as well as the editing are considerable constraints. 12 months might be the soonest it can be done all things considered.

See, this is the problem right here. :)

Have a look at Danish TV - The Killing (Forbrydelsen) and Borgen. Some of the best TV from the last 10 years.. The Bridge is also half Danish.

Six episodes a season is a joke. Make it 10 or 12 and do it right - then sell it to the world. BBC bought all the aforementioned Danish dramas. Season 1 of The Killing was 20 episodes long..

The Irish inferiority complex and excuses drive me mad. "Actor availability" and "editing", my arsé. The TV licence payers deserve more!

See, this is the problem right here. :)

Have a look at Danish TV - The Killing (Forbrydelsen) and Borgen. Some of the best TV from the last 10 years.. The Bridge is also half Danish.

Six episodes a season is a joke. Make it 10 or 12 and do it right - then sell it to the world. BBC bought all the aforementioned Danish dramas. Season 1 of The Killing was 20 episodes long..

The Irish inferiority complex and excuses drive me mad. "Actor availability" and "editing", my arsé. The TV licence payers deserve more!

And what do you want Stuart Carolan to do? :confused: He is already after given RTE a series that is giving them 1m viewers so its up to them to give the support but fact of the matter is that RTE have been cutting back if anything while the idiots tied themselves down to ridiculous contracts given to the likes Daithi o'Se and Derek Mooney. Your beef is with RTE and not Octagon or the writers.

Additionally should Tom Vaughan Lawlor or Killian Scott turn down a Hollywood movie role meantime just to suit the Love/hate creators? :confused:

Honest to god i do have to wonder about the type of people on this thread at times. They seem to think that filming a series is a simple process. You have time, money and people to think about. You cant just assume that all will be available. And Love/hate has actually sold well. Zulu and Netflix as well as the UK, Australia, Korea stations, buying the rights but constraints will remain in any country for any series regardless.

The more episodes i do agree with. Tbh 20 can be too much. The better US shows like Breaking bad and the wire have around 13 per season. I think for Love/hate an extra 2 or at very tops 4 would do the trick nicely.

As for inferiority complex, its simple economics. RTE pay extravagent wages to their cronies no doubt but in terms of competing with the megabucks US stations they are on a hiding to nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

And what do you want Stuart Carolan to do? :confused: He is already after given RTE a series that is giving them 1m viewers so its up to them to give the support but fact of the matter is that RTE have been cutting back if anything while the idiots tied themselves down to ridiculous contracts given to the likes Daithi o'Se and Derek Mooney. Your beef is with RTE and not Octagon or the writers.

I wasn't talking about Stuart Carolan, I was talking about RTE. Obviously Stuart would take as many as he could get.

Additionally should Tom Vaughan Lawlor or Killian Scott turn down a Hollywood movie role meantime just to suit the Love/hate creators? :confused:

Jesus christ, give me a break. They weren't even heard of before this. Hollywood roles. LOL :)
    Honest to god i do have to wonder about the type of people on this thread at times. They seem to think that filming a series is a simple process. You have time, money and people to think about. You cant just assume that all will be available. And Love/hate has actually sold well. Zulu and Netflix as well as the UK, Australia, Korea stations, buying the rights but constraints will remain in any country for any series regardless.

Read my previous post.
    The more episodes i do agree with. Tbh 20 can be too much. The better US shows like Breaking bad and the wire have around 13 per season. I think for Love/hate an extra 2 or at very tops 4 would do the trick nicely.

There you go again. Why not 13 like The Wire, The Sopranos, The Killing. Oh, I forgot, we're Irish. Can't push the boat that much.. :)
    As for inferiority complex, its simple economics. RTE pay extravagent wages to their cronies no doubt but in terms of competing with the megabucks US stations they are on a hiding to nothing

Did you not read my previous post re. the Danish offerings? Denmark is not that much bigger than Ireland. Sometimes I wonder about the posters in this thread. Have a look on the front page of this forum.. It's Borgen and The Killing. Have you watched either?

I wasn't talking about Stuart Carolan, I was talking about RTE. Obviously Stuart would take as many as he could get.

Jesus christ, give me a break. They weren't even heard of before this. Hollywood roles. LOL :)

Read my previous post.

There you go again. Why not 13 like The Wire, The Sopranos, The Killing. Oh, I forgot, we're Irish. Can't push the boat that much.. :)

Did you not read my previous post re. the Danish offerings? Denmark is not that much bigger than Ireland. Sometimes I wonder about the posters in this thread. Have a look on the front page of this forum.. It's Borgen and The Killing. Have you watched either?

Whats the point your trying to make about Denmark? Totally irrelevant. Denmark is Denmark and Ireland is Ireland. Does it cost cheaper to make a film in Denmark then Ireland? Are their actors in demand? Tom Vaughan Lawlor has got a bit of work in the UK on peaky blinders already, and the other cast are becoming more mainstream and getting more and more work. Previously both Darren and John Boy were kept busy with work in the UK and the States. Some of the actors reside in the US such as Jason Barry for example so it isnt always easy to get these guys to commit if other work shows up meantime.

Dont let your sense of ambition cloud any realism. Filming a tv series isnt like putting something up on youtube. It takes time to get it right. If they didnt take that time then we would have whingers queing up to have a go on this thread. As it is they are bad enough

Another thing is sometimes less is more.You cant stretch a series too much for the sake of it either. At a very stretch i would try 10 episodes but 8 is probably the perfect number.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Sunglasses Ron

Amazingfun wrote: »
    So I decided to watch "The Wire" since there was so much high praise and adulation for it on here, and also because many put down Love/Hate in relation to it.

Well, my verdict is : Love Hate is better.

I am bored by The Wire. I am almost at the end of season 2, and I can hardly stay tuned to be honest.

I wasn't bored by even one episode of LH.

Flame away, but this is my honest opinion, and frankly, I am surprised to feel this way.

The first and second series of The Wire are pretty mediocre and, in the case of the first series, far fetched plot holes leave the brain at the door stuff. Series three four and five are decent, but on a whole the hype around it leaves you thinking it will be something more than it is. The first season is frankly woeful in terms of the realism of the storyline (the nonsense where the police have no idea who Avon is or what he looks like for three episodes despite him being a local born drug lord with 15 odd years in the game, I nearly gave up hope), you really have to force yourself through it to get to the rest.

I found parts of the first two seasons of LH poorly acted but the realism has always been fairly consistent I found. In all truth this season was, in my view, the best. People seem to be moaning about the lack of violence. To me, it is more realism- these gangs go through periods where they kill/ lose a half dozen men in a year, then go through a few years without barely a peep because everything is relatively settled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I caught up on Season 4 last night and I wasn't overly impressed. I've loved 1-3 but this one didn't grab me much. Maybe it was the influx of new and, in my opinion, less interesting characters. Even Nidge and Fran weren't impressive. Season 4 seemed to be more plot-driven, like the big drug haul, as opposed to character-driven.

What was that weird Nidge bit at the end about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

The first and second series of The Wire are pretty mediocre and, in the case of the first series, far fetched plot holes leave the brain at the door stuff. Series three four and five are decent, but on a whole the hype around it leaves you thinking it will be something more than it is. The first season is frankly woeful in terms of the realism of the storyline (the nonsense where the police have no idea who Avon is or what he looks like for three episodes despite him being a local born drug lord with 15 odd years in the game, I nearly gave up hope), you really have to force yourself through it to get to the rest.

Santa will not be visiting your house this year while you continue to spout this bull****

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

What was that weird Nidge bit at the end about?

it was the actor, producer, director and writer and their inflated egos getting way out of their depth with some self-gratifying artistic **** which was intended to blow their audience away but just looked f*ckin stupid.

this where that tipp gunner lad steps in and says it was a brilliant and carefully choreographed scene vital to the plot which was thought through long before it was shot and clearly demonstrates the true genius of writer Carolan :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

it was the actor, producer, director and writer and their inflated egos getting way out of their depth with some self-gratifying artistic **** which was intended to blow their audience away but just looked f*ckin stupid.

this where that tipp gunner lad steps in and says it was a brilliant and carefully choreographed scene vital to the plot which was thought through long before it was shot and clearly demonstrates the true genius of writer Carolan :(

After a long day at the office that has given me a laugh...thank you:pac:

I remember Aobhinn Ginnity saying it was in her opinion 'the best season they've done', In all fairness if she has to come out and promote season 4 like that, then to me that explains a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

lufties wrote: »
    After a long day at the office that has given me a laugh...thank you:pac:

I remember Aobhinn Ginnity saying it was in her opinion 'the best season they've done', In all fairness if she has to come out and promote season 4 like that, then to me that explains a lot.

Sure she was hardly in it, her and her dodgy mullet :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Sure she was hardly in it, her and her dodgy mullet :p

I know jaysus call the style police, it was an awful thing, reminded me of chris waddle :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Watched it again at the weekend and have to agree, it was out of character, ridiculous and another ill judged pander to style that lets the whole thing down again and again.

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Watched it again at the weekend and have to agree, it was out of character, ridiculous and another ill judged pander to style that lets the whole thing down again and again.

I knew things were going awry when there's been a bit too much of Nidge looking into the camera, making contact with the viewer. Reminded me of Hollyoaks gimmickry where a green graphic comes up when someone's reading a text so that the viewer can read it too.

I knew things were going awry when there's been a bit too much of Nidge looking into the camera, making contact with the viewer. Reminded me of Hollyoaks gimmickry where a green graphic comes up when someone's reading a text so that the viewer can read it too.

Watching it again it's obvious that using the song came first and Nidge's character and motivation a sad second.

• Advertisement

Watching it again it's obvious that using the song came first and Nidge's character and motivation a sad second.

Plus the song's called Anarchy in the UK :o

I've been thinking about the finale since watching it last night and something occurred to me-

Nidge thinks he is invincible, that he can get away with anything. Think about it, since he has become leader he has:
    Witnessed and covered up the killing of an IRA guy. He survived and came out of it with a deal.
    Tommy essentially ratting on Fran, which would have likely brought down everything, but nothing happening because of the Gardaí's mistake.
    The shipment being caught and them almost red-handed, but instead walks away free.

Unlike John-boy, who started to suspect everything and anyone, which eventually lead to his downfall, Nidge has become to think of himself as some sort of God. He gets away with everything, and what better way to demonstrate this by pissing on the Gardaí's own doorstep. The whole cell scene was likely him feeling this - nothing can harm him, nothing can touch him, nothing can hurt him.

However, while this is explainable, the way it was filmed was what got to me. I don't mind a character or TV show that breaks the Fourth Wall. But only if it is laid down from the very get-go that this is the Universe that this show is set, that those are the rules it follows. Shows like Scrubs did this very well. However it is completely ill-fitting in something like Love/Hate and Nidge's almost acknowledging of us (by sticking his tongue out and staring right at us - not another character, right at the audience) just came off as feeling... almost too knowing. Too aware of its own self.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭BuilderPlumber

I've been thinking about the finale since watching it last night and something occurred to me-

Nidge thinks he is invincible, that he can get away with anything. Think about it, since he has become leader he has:
    Witnessed and covered up the killing of an IRA guy. He survived and came out of it with a deal.
    Tommy essentially ratting on Fran, which would have likely brought down everything, but nothing happening because of the Gardaí's mistake.
    The shipment being caught and them almost red-handed, but instead walks away free.

Unlike John-boy, who started to suspect everything and anyone, which eventually lead to his downfall, Nidge has become to think of himself as some sort of God. He gets away with everything, and what better way to demonstrate this by pissing on the Gardaí's own doorstep. The whole cell scene was likely him feeling this - nothing can harm him, nothing can touch him, nothing can hurt him.

However, while this is explainable, the way it was filmed was what got to me. I don't mind a character or TV show that breaks the Fourth Wall. But only if it is laid down from the very get-go that this is the Universe that this show is set, that those are the rules it follows. Shows like Scrubs did this very well. However it is completely ill-fitting in something like Love/Hate and Nidge's almost acknowledging of us (by sticking his tongue out and staring right at us - not another character, right at the audience) just came off as feeling... almost too knowing. Too aware of its own self.

Nidge has of course survived various attempts to kill him or imprison him. In series 3, we saw the total loyalty Darren had to him and Tommy as well. Fran also was a firm ally in series 3. In series 3, Nidge escaped Dano's revenge mission and met with/done a deal with Tony. In series 4, he has been extremely lucky: Tommy didn't realise yet who hit him, Fran has had his doubts about Nidge but did not act against him yet, Siobhan knows the truth but is happy to let it to the cops to solve, the cops failed to take Nidge out, and Nidge once again met Tony and did another deal that allowed Nidge to share the proceeds of the security van robbery with the IRA in return for clipping Dano. Lizzie and Wayne have also been taken out of circulation, so it is easy for Nidge to think he is invincible (he has escaped the cops, has the IRA onside, has the gang under his control and has so far kept his darkest secrets from being revealed) and I think that is what a good part of series 5 will be about. People he assumes are allies like Elmo and obviously Fran, Tommy and Siobhan could all be the ones who will undo him while he is focused on getting away from the cops.

You do actually know the meaning of compute? Because I having been reading your computations for pages and pages and it seems to me that you use the sledgehammer computing technique. If it doesn't fit a few belts of the sledgehammer and bobs your uncle. Must be all the rage in intelligent circles these days...who knew?

I don't always get control of the remote in our house,
    Mondays are my day.

But you can always walk away from the telly but of course you dont do that now dont you? Sure why would you when you might find another useless bit of information that you can whinge about on here later :rolleyes:

If my approach is what's considered the 'sledgehammer' approach where i actually think about what's been shown and actually analyse their possible rationale for writing it into the show in the best way i can then ill gladly put my name to the 'sledgehammer' approach.

In Ireland we have the doers and the begrudgers. the doers are capable of writing award winning shows that 1m viewers tune into and the begrudgers are those who moan moan moan about these shows without any proper explanations for why they think its so bad
    'Poor writing' is one of your favourite lines without giving a reason as to why but truth is you probably couldnt write a ladybird book :rolleyes:

No, you think of any reason you can to rationalise it.

There is no rational reason why Nidge would do what he did at the end other than 'the song was cool and had to used'.

There was no mention of Nidge having an antagonism to the Gardai other than the usual cops and robbers one. Certainly not one that would draw that kind of display.

:confused:
    Jesus you really are hopeless. Nidge has always had an antagonistic relationship with the Gardai and there has been loads of examples over the last 4 seasons. For example...

Season 1. He gives the guards the 2 fingered salute the day of his wedding and asks 'why 'arent they after those fúckers in the bank?'.

Season 3. He spat at at female gardai and He goes loco in the garda station laughing in thier face and behaving like a psychopath. Shouting down the garda station and how they are messing with Siobhans head. During the course of the season he referred to them as 'pricks getting overtime to harass us'. He is generally sarcastic when the gardai stop him on the road to check his licence etc. He was a bit more courteous toward them on Paddy's night as they were on the way up the mountains to bury Gits body so therefore didnt want to draw any attention to themselves as they needed to keep Darren informed.

Season 4. Ciaran mentioned that Nidge 'had a bad attitude to Gardaí, which we had already seen a few examples of to paint us that picture.

There is also plenty of mention of Nidge's own feelings of vunerability throughout the series but suddenly after a drug importation goes tits up (with a consequent loss of huge money and pride and what should be increased 'paranoia' remember the famous paranoia you were going on about? :rolleyes:), he is suddenly 'invincible'.
    Give us a break here Tipp and engage your critical faculties for once. It won't hurt anything but your burgeoning vanity, promise.

That last statement is hillarious coming from the likes of you. Its because of burgeoning vanity mixed with a dollop of stupidity that we have to try and re-explain these things to you albeit in vain.

Nidge had just escaped the prospect of doing a long stretch in prison and got away with it over the slightest most unprecedented issue - Tommy collapsing and being near death. The cops were faced with the moral dilemma of risking Tommy's health to bag Nidge and they decided to help Tommy.
    So of course it makes perfect sense that Nidge is going to start get cocky and begin to believe he is invincible because he has come through the IRA affair and now this. That's what that final scene was all about. It sets the scene for next season where Nidge is dropping his guard just like all gangland bosses in real-life who dropped their guard and ended up being gunned down by the men they thought they could trust.

He is already proven to be disrespectful toward the gardai so he is going to annoy them more at any given opportunity and his display of lunacy in the prison cell is so he can argue 'guilty but insane' if he ever needs to and argue that the Gardai were harassing an unwell man. He might have no hope of making a case of insanity but he'll try it just for the sake of being a little b0llocks about things.

It really is that simple. I really dont get how people struggle with the plot. And if it goes over their head the once they have RTE 1 +1, the repeat the following week, RTE player, and probably the DVD too.

Its bizarre and pretty sad to say the least

Thats a bit rich now coming from you isnt it. If you dont like the show then fair enough but why are people pathetic enough to log on every week giving their strong view of how shít they think it is? This despite having watched the show every week and then not giving one credible reason as to why they believe it is sh*te only the same self opinionated one sentence nonsense and all of this under the guise of 'Critique'.....my b0llocks it is!

Im no Manchester United, Tottenham or Glasgow Rangers supporter by any means but im not going to watch their games and then log onto their thread telling their fans why i dont like their team and give one throwaway remark that they are 'x y and z' and then not follow up with any credible or rational reasons as to why i think so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

Wow proper badass mofo arent we......well that's really put me in my place. :rolleyes:

I think you'll find its me and alot of others that like the show. In general, people who are actually intelligent enough to compute what is going on.

Judging by the flippant, irrational bang off your many rants on this thread im guessing you'll never be on the same intellectual plane as the others in order for your mess of a brain to fully process what actually happens in the show.

are ye alright there kiddo? you seem very upset, your toys getting chucked out of the pram like no tomorrow, few deep breaths and wipe those eyes and you'll be grand :)

c'mere I'm going to be watching an episode of Murder She Wrote later for the 46th time which I 'just don't get', aul Angela's gotten herself into a very tricky situation in this one, if I give you the season number and episode could you watch it and get back to me with a blow by blow account of the show and explain it to me? Thanks bud, you the man tipp gunner!!!

:confused:
    Jesus you really are hopeless. Nidge has always had an antagonistic relationship with the Gardai and there has been loads of examples over the last 4 seasons. For example...

Season 1. He gives the guards the 2 fingered salute the day of his wedding and asks 'why 'arent they after those fúckers in the bank?'.

Season 3. He spat at at female gardai and He goes loco in the garda station laughing in thier face and behaving like a psychopath. Shouting down the garda station and how they are messing with Siobhans head. During the course of the season he referred to them as 'pricks getting overtime to harass us'. He is generally sarcastic when the gardai stop him on the road to check his licence etc. He was a bit more courteous toward them on Paddy's night as they were on the way up the mountains to bury Gits body so therefore didnt want to draw any attention to themselves as they needed to keep Darren informed.

Season 4. Ciaran mentioned that Nidge 'had a bad attitude to Gardaí, which we had already seen a few examples of to paint us that picture.

As suspected you aren't absorbing what you are reading, and it would help if you would try.
    I said he had a normal relationship with the guards in a cop/robber context. ^^ That is usual behaviour between them and there is nothing constant in the series to suggest that getting at the guards was a primary motivation for Nidge, certainly not well enough drawn to end with a scene like that. That is the point.
    Just because you retro project stuff doesn't mean they are there as primary motivations.
    That is the point that is being made about the writing, it is all over the place and makes the characters conform to what it wants stylistically instead of the other way around. Soaps do that all the time, it is why they are generally thought of as inferior in writing terms to what this series pretends to be.
    The droves of people now giving up on it shows those fault lines.

That last statement is hillarious coming from the likes of you. Its because of burgeoning vanity mixed with a dollop of stupidity that we have to try and re-explain these things to you albeit in vain.

Nidge had just escaped the prospect of doing a long stretch in prison and got away with it over the slightest most unprecedented issue - Tommy collapsing and being near death. The cops were faced with the moral dilemma of risking Tommy's health to bag Nidge and they decided to help Tommy.
    So of course it makes perfect sense that Nidge is going to start get cocky and begin to believe he is invincible because he has come through the IRA affair and now this. That's what that final scene was all about. It sets the scene for next season where Nidge is dropping his guard just like all gangland bosses in real-life who dropped their guard and ended up being gunned down by the men they thought they could trust.

He is already proven to be disrespectful toward the gardai so he is going to annoy them more at any given opportunity and his display of lunacy in the prison cell is so he can argue 'guilty but insane' if he ever needs to and argue that the Gardai were harassing an unwell man. He might have no hope of making a case of insanity but he'll try it just for the sake of being a little b0llocks about things.

It really is that simple. I really dont get how people struggle with the plot. And if it goes over their head the once they have RTE 1 +1, the repeat the following week, RTE player, and probably the DVD too.

Its bizarre and pretty sad to say the least

We struggle because we don't defend it, that isn't our job as viewers.
    You cannot say that in the space of one scene his 'paranoia' disappears to be replaced with feelings of 'invincibility', that is just nonsense and it is why so many have been on here and in other places saying that it is 'confusing' and 'disjointed'. That is not because we can't work out what is going on, we can, we just don't believe it in the context of the story we have been told up to this. That is how long it took btw to see the character change, one song and one scene. While none of the threats that he was paranoid about have disappeared? (source for this, a fella called Tipp Gunner on here telling us that the Tommy threat, the Fran threat, the IRA threat, the Lizzie threat, the Cops threat are all potential threads for the next series)

It was a ridiculous jump to ask any character to make and any viewer with an ounce of cop-on to accept, unless they are die hard fanboys/girls who will accept anything if it is accompanied by a stylish song or funny quip.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Didn't the writer say he often writes scenes around the songs he likes? It may have worked well on a few occasions but he seems to have got carried away with himself with that scene.

• Advertisement

are ye alright there kiddo? you seem very upset, your toys getting chucked out of the pram like no tomorrow, few deep breaths and wipe those eyes and you'll be grand :)

c'mere I'm going to be watching an episode of Murder She Wrote later for the 46th time which I 'just don't get', aul Angela's gotten herself into a very tricky situation in this one, if I give you the season number and episode could you watch it and get back to me with a blow by blow account of the episode and explain it to me? Thanks bud, you the man tipp gunner!!!

I tend to avoid threads of shows I'm not a fan of. I suppose I could log into these threads and pretend im some sort of critical expert while at the same time the suggestion others would get off my posts is that I'd be a fairly petty little man for doing such a thing.

The only one throwing toys out of the pram is you sunshine. Cop on and grow up.

Plus I would doubt pretty much I would have either the time or interest explain any more to an utter moron

Advertisement