Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What did you have for breakfast thread?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

Late night last night, slept in this morning, so breakfast is a mix of breakfast and lunch, otherwise known as 'brunch' I think.

Beans, garlic bread, smoked rashers, potato waffles.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Today we had a sort of hash-style fry that I make now and then. It's sausages, fried and cut into pieces, fried mushrooms, dry-fried chopped rashers, a little garlic and about half a tin of tomatoes all simmered together for a few minutes and served with toast :)

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭annamcmahon

Peanut and honey flapjacks mixed with fresh raspberries and natural yogurt. It's become a bit of a regular breakfast for using whatever fruit we have.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

A bowl of Jordans' superberry granola, two slices of toasted wheaten bread with marmalade. Mug of freshly brewed coffee.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

a small bowl of Bran Flakes with milk

a glass of berocca

small coffee

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

2 soft boiled eggs on some asparagus.

There's some great ideas in this thread.

For today's breakfast I had toast with raspberry jam and some tea.

Definitely going to nab some ideas/suggestions from this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Monday to Friday I have the same thing - bowl of aldi luxury fruit porridge with a tsp honey, cinnamon and tsp ground flaxseed (I hears it's meant to be good for you!) and sometimes I have a banana or an apple too.

At the weekends i may have a treat of a few sausages and a rasher or else I'll have scrambled/poached eggs :-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Twoandahalfmen

Strong Cup of Tea
    Two Hard boiled Eggs
    Two Buttered Slices of toast cut into Soldiers
    Lovely.

Or During School Weeks
    Bowel Of coco-pops/Shredies
    Cup of tea
    Small bitta orange juice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Quorum

Brunch. Homemade hash browns, egg and English Market sausies. I love when the sausage casing bursts and the sausage meat crisps up nicely. Lovely, but sooooo much food. Serious case of postprandial somnolence going on right now...

16c54ax.jpg

Apologies for the poor picture quality!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Big bowl of Flahavans Organic porridge made with water and a scoop of ON Vanilla Whey Protein to flavour. Bloody delicious :D

KTRIC wrote: »
    Big bowl of Flahavans Organic porridge made with water and a scoop of ON Vanilla Whey Protein to flavour. Bloody delicious :D

Does porridge taste much different when made with water rather than milk? Trying to be a bit healthier at the mo so thinking of making it with water instead - I just have this idea that it would be as "creamy" though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Posh Sunday breakfast in bed.

breakfastinbedsunday.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

We had a very bold breakfast today of croissants and nutella :o.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

leahyl wrote: »
    Does porridge taste much different when made with water rather than milk? Trying to be a bit healthier at the mo so thinking of making it with water instead - I just have this idea that it would be as "creamy" though

Think mushy cardboard or wallpaper paste :D

It is a lot healthier but you'll need to flavour it with something.

KTRIC wrote: »
    Think mushy cardboard or wallpaper paste :D

It is a lot healthier but you'll need to flavour it with something.

:eek::( Ok thanks.....might make it with half water....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Faith wrote: »
    We had a very bold breakfast today of croissants and nutella :o.
    ^ I had this also.

However, it came after muesli, then sausages, bacon, fried eggs, hash browns, hot, buttery toast and buckets of tea :o

B&B breakfast for the win :)

Mushroom omelette.

decisions wrote: »
    Mushroom omelette.
    This sounds delicious.

I'd actually love an omelette with onion, spinach, mushrooms, cheese and bacon. Mmm.

Might have to indulge at the weekend.....

Toast4532 wrote: »
    This sounds delicious.

I'd actually love an omelette with onion, spinach, mushrooms, cheese and bacon. Mmm.

Might have to indulge at the weekend.....

Mushrooms are great in omelettes alright! Had one for dinner last night and twas almost like a fritatta cos there were so many mushrooms in it you could cut it like a fritatta:pac: Twas nom nom though and relatively healthy I guess:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

started eating porridge, i always had a notion i hated it! silly thinking i know, i have the microwaveable portions half milk half water, with honey strawberriea and blueberries! good start to the day

Hard boiled eggs this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭earlytobed

Brewed coffee and Crossaints. Yum

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭MadameGascar

Damson jam is amazing with porridge I know it sounds a bit weird but trust me. Had my favourite breakfast this morning, hot chocolate with a chocolate brownie.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭laoisforliam

Bacon, Hash Brown, Poached Eggs, Chorizo Chicken Mixed Bean Stew.

Siracha

crq7t.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Bassfish

Porridge with seeds and blueberries, brown toast and a freshly brewed coffee, great start to the day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Getting there

I used to be really healthy at breakfast time but have recently reawakend my love for crunchy nut cornflakes and ice cold milk!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I usually have porridge with flax, linseed, cranberries, blueberries, and raisins.

This morning, however, I had a bran and raisin multiseed muffin.

Shaw's black pudding with poached eggs, and of course the mandatory mug of tae.

3-6_zps058d1367.jpg

• Advertisement

Baked eggs in ham baskets, with mushrooms, creme fraiche and chives. Very tasty, will be making again.

bakedeggsJan2013_zpsb11c8c5e.jpg

Advertisement