Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Accountancy Jobs

• 18-03-2011 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Please use this sticky to advertise accounting jobs that your company is seeking to fill or accounting vacancies that you become aware of and wish to bring to the attention of fellow Boardies. Links would be good.

Also, can we keep this to industry type roles - no posting looking for a practice accountant. Keep those for normal threads, to be replied by PM by interested practices.

Can we please keep this thread just for the announcements and if discussion or questions about the roles are required please start a regular thread.

Please note this is not intended for recruitment agencies - they can advertise in the normal manner.

Also, when posting about new roles please use the Title space to highlight the company name.

Good luck to all

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭LAVADUDE

Just to be clear, I have got a graduate accounting job but I frequently become aware of graduate openings that I can no longer apply for as I've already signed a contract. Can I post these other opportunities here?

EDIT: Here's a link I found that lists all training firms that take on Graduates,
    http://www.charteredaccountants.ie/Students/Training-Organisations/Training-in-Practice/Training-Vacancies-by-County/
    although I think it was last up-dated in 2008 (IT ONLY COVERS ACA, NOT CIMA, ACCA OR CPA)

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭aidan.connolly

Hi,

Teradata Ireland Limited, who are located in Santry in Dublin, have 30 (thirty) jobs. The jobs are mainly in the area of accounting.

Please see the link below for full details.

http://www.teradataireland.com

Good luck.

Aidan:D

Finegan Gibson accountants in Belfast, Co.Antrim are recruiting trainee accountants, application deadline 31st of May, start date Sept. 2011, ideal for recent graduates/ those graduating this year.
    http://www.fgibson.co.uk/vacancies.htm

EDIT DUBLIN FIRM
    Trainee Accountants and Internship
    Keep an eye on this Dublin firm
    http://www.sheehanquinn.ie/Careers__Trainees/Careers__Trainees.412.html
    They will be looking for Graduates to start in Sept. 2011 but have not posted their application form online (although they should of by now), take some initiative and ring or e-mail them for an application (they're right next to where I'll be working)

May not be relevant but considering we're entering a period of nearly no one recruiting in Ireland for grads until October

Here is a list of the biggest accountancy firms in the UK
    http://www.accountancyage.com/static/top50-this-year

with links to their websites, I'm going to make the presumption as their big they'll be taking on graduates at some point within the next year,

I also make this presumption on the facts I clicked two random companies went to their graduate/careers page and they were recruiting
    for reference they were
    http://www.macintyrehudson.co.uk/careers/current-vacancies/trainee-vacancies
    http://www.kingstonsmith.co.uk/kingston-smith/Recruitment/graduate-opportunities

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭flash harry

Am I allowed do this as a recruiter? hope so as immediate ACTUAL job for accounts, 6 month contract may go longer or even perm. Dublin City, c.€25K pro rata....

Need to be able to take care of general accounting issues -VAT returns, creditors ledger (invoice & payments), bank reconciliations, and reporting on same

PM me for more details.

• Advertisement

Avaya (what used to be Nortel) in Galway have a few jobs advertised for part qualified / recently qualified accountants.

http://www.avaya.com/usa/careers/

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Peppa

I have a client that is looking for an FC in Maynooth - immed start if possible. Temp to perm i.e. if you are good enough they will make you permanent.

They would prefer someone based locally.
    TAS books experience a must
    At least 5+ years post qualification experience of a medium sized company
    Overseeing 2 others
    Payroll is outsourced
    Responsible for VAT, GL, Management Accounts, Pensions, VHI and other adhoc duties as they arise.

Salary c. €40+ DOE

I would say that a strong character is needed.

PM for more details only if you fulfil the above criteria.

MKO accountants (Dublin) are recruiting 10 new trainees accountants for immediate start or August/September Start.

Notes:
    Foreign language preferred
    Conditional on 1-2 weeks Slave Labour Unpaid internship

http://www.mko.ie/accountants/team/careers.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

Just seen this advert in this weeks drogheda paper and thought it might interest someone

Newly Qualified Accountant
    Required for Business Banking Division within leading financial institution.
    Location - Drogheda
    Salary - 45k
    Term - 9 Month Contract

Email cv to Lauren -AT- kaizenrecruitment.com <insert @ instead of -AT->

There is also a phone number here but dont know if im allowed to post it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Luminant

Hi guys,

The Irish Australian Chamber of Commerce have just posted 15+ jobs suitable for Irish CA's on their website. The firms involved will sponsor suitable candidates.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

I'm currently recruiting for a Financial Accountant and a Development Accountant for a major Irish insurance company. Development Accountant needs to have strong IT skills (especially MySQL).

Both roles require 1-3 years minimum of post-qualification experience. Both roles offer an excellent career path for the right candidate. Salary ranges are €55-65k dependent on experience. I am interviewing for these roles this week with a view to getting qualified candidates over to my client asap. PM me for more details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

I working this weekend and I am seeking an auditor with a minimum of 2 years PQE. The salary is c.€50-55k and benefites include a healthy pension, life insurance and subsidised canteen, amongst others.

The position is in a major Irish insurance company so experience in this domain is valuable. The role offers good career progression for the right candidate and will also give them exposure to a variety of projects, both international and domestic.

PM me for the job spec.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Hi -not as interested in recruitment agencies especially from foreign countries

Hi I just got asked by an agency I'm dealing with if I knew anyone interested in a role in Glasgow. Stg£35k with promotion prospects in 18 months. They said they will pay relocation package. PM for agency details if interested.

Edited to say I have no ulterior motives in posting this - no related party or anything :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Ladybird99

Hi, I have a payroll and bookkeeping bureau in Bray am looking for an experienced bookkeeper to start urgently due to several new contracts. hours are variable. The successful person must be able to work on their own initiative, have several years experience and have good reconciliation skills. please PM if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

Don’t have details as yet, but my company in Gibraltar is looking for a contractor to start asap (like in next week or two). Part qualified or qualified. I assume the rate will be based on experience. It’s in captive insurance. It would probably be until Christmas (though if anybody felt like staying longer there’d probably be a possibility too).

Just send me a pm if interested.

Reminder - take all follow up job discussions to PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

We're looking for a strong Big 4 ACA for a Large Plc. Salary €50k + benefits. Large audit experience and excellent communication skills a must.

pm me for details.

There is an accounting scholarship available at the Údarás na Gaeltachta

http://www.gaelport.com/sonrai-phoist?PositionID=404

Payroll/Bookeeper - experience essential.
    Some General Admin
    Salary : €20-25k
    Hours : 9am - 5pm
    Jan start.

PM with CV

• Advertisement

We have a number of roles on at the moment that might be of interest.

1. Big 4 ACA with 1-2 corporate finance experience for an analyst role. €60k, Dublin 2
    2. Recently qualified Accountant (any qual) for a 12 month contract with a US Multinational, €45k, US GAAP experience a plus, Dublin 4 and Dublin 16 (two separate roles)
    3. Small/medium practice accountant for a 6 month contract with a city centre based company. Must have experience of auditing bars, understanding stock takes in Bars.
    4. Internal Auditor with 2 years experience in Financial Services. 50% travel mostly to the UK. Salary to €60,000.

If you know anyone who might be interested in one of these roles, we offer a €250 referral voucher for successful introductions.

Pm me for more details.

More roles in the last two weeks...its positively booming here!

Permanent:
    Qualified Accountant with some ecommerce/it/software background for a permanent position based in D2. Work as part of a team, reporting into a FC. Cool atmosphere to work in :D. Must be able to prepare a set of management accounts. €45-48k. Ideally trained in Industry.
    Ref-2366

Qualified Accountant for a new role in a Gaming company based in Dublin 2. At least 2-3 years PQE preparing monthly management accounts. Experience of preparing high quality management information for staff. Knowledge of Sage and advantage. €50,000
    Ref-2365

Big 4 ACA with some industry experience for Irish PLC. Financial accounting role with some travel (not too much). Interviewing next week. €50,000
    Ref - 2361

Contract
    Qualified Accountant with 3-5 years PQE for a 12 month contract role with a city centre based company. Ideally have US multinational experience and be able to work on own initiative (very small office). Salary to €65,000. Immediate start.
    Ref - 2367

Qualified Accountant for Finance role in Financial Services company. 12 months, must have some previous experience within FS. Salary to €50,000. Immediate start
    Ref - 2363

Internal Audit Roles
    If you are interested in moving from Big 4 practice into internal audit, we have a number of roles in both industry and financial services. If you like to travel, this is an excellent opportunity to get to understand the workings of a large company. After a 2 year period, there will be excellent opportunities to move within the company.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,399 ✭✭✭✭cson

PwC and KPMG have opened up applications for the mini milk round again right now fyi.

We're looking for a qualified Accountant from an audit background for a 4 month contract. Starts Monday, very quick turnaround, if you are immediately available.

hi guys, thanks for applying, the role has been filled. Will keep everyone updated with roles as they come in.

Hello Johnny,

There's a new Jobs advertising section - please post agency ads on that platform.

Thanks

Due to internal promotions we'll be looking to hire a Financial Controller and their assistant. We'll be looking to receive CVs around NOW, for interviews starting in early/Mid June

The company(ies) are based in Dublin city centre. Radio/Media industry experience would be beneficial, but not necessary.

The successful financial controller candidate is likely to have a number of post qualification years, and to have broad experience.

The Assistant FC will also have broad, mid size practice experience. This is probably aimed at a well rounded finalist, although I wouldn't be surprised if it goes to a qualified accountant.

This is hot off the press and a more detailed job spec will follow. Full adverts will appear here and with the CPA institute.

*UPDATE* ACCA, CAI and CIMA require payment for their members to find out about jobs available to their members. CPA to their credit are happy to offer this service to their members without any financial inducement. Therefore these ads will appear here and on the CPA website*UPDATE*

Due to internal promotion Classic Hits 4fm and Radio Nova require an Assistant Accountant to work in their Dublin based, Shared Accounting Department.

The successful candidate would work together with the Financial Controller to carry out the financial function of two radio stations.

Essential Duties/Experience to include:-

Accounts Payable, Creditor Reconciliations, entering invoices right through to payment run.
    Accounts Receivable and Cash collections
    Weekly Cashflow Reports
    Bank Reconciliations
    Month-End accounting
    Updating and Maintaining Fixed Asset Register
    Filing VAT and P30 ROS returns

Preferred Experience:-

Having prepared Management accounts to board level

Essential Skills Required:-

Qualified or Nearly Qualified Accountant
    Able to work well on own Initiative
    Capable of meeting reporting Deadlines
    Ability to communicate effectively

Preferred Skills required:-

Sage Accounts/Financial Controller experience, Sage Quickpay

There will be Ad Hoc duties handed down by the Financial Controller or CEO

To apply:

Please email seamus@4fm.ie with your required salary, CV and cover letter (noting your favourite Band/Singer) by the 25th of May

• Advertisement

Due to internal promotion, a Dublin radio station requires a Financial Controller. This is a BAI regulated position and the candidate requires BAI approval.

Essential Duties/Experience to include:-

1. Presentation of monthly management accounts at the Board meeting
    2. Responsible for monthly Management accounts, including Executive Summary
    3. Preparation of Annual Financial Statements for Audit
    4. Cashflow Projections
    5. Preparation of Ad Hoc reports
    6. Staff Supervision
    7. Regulatory Returns
    8. Overall responsibility for a finance department and its obligations

Preferred Experience:-

Media industry experience

Essential Skills Required:-

Qualified Accountant (proof will be requested)
    Able to work well on own Initiative
    Capable of meeting reporting Deadlines
    Ability to communicate effectively
    Ability to provide insightful ad hoc reports

Preferred Skills required:-

Sage Accounts/Financial Controller, Sage Quickpay

There will be Ad Hoc duties handed down by the CEO

To apply:

Please email seamus@4fm.ie with your required salary, CV and cover letter (noting your favourite Band/Singer) by the 25th of May

Advertisement