Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Name Check

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭lemon_of_old

Hiya, I'm lemon of old, only one day old on these boards.

From Limerick originally, have been moving my way up the west coast for the past six years and have found myself in Sligo. It's funny how you never end up where you expect?!!

Having a great old time here though, and looking forward to posting on this forum!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Welcome, a sligo guy here. Hope you like the wonderous city. (:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,812 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Yes, welcome to the best forum on the boards. keep the posts coming and enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭lemon_of_old

Well, a Sligo girl :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Hi. I'm il gatto. I live a few miles from Sligo town. Technically I'm from Leitrim (complicated). Drumshanbo area.
    I registered last month, and have been posting away since. Didn't notice this thread. Should have introduced myself. Even started the "Is Sligo worst run town in country?" thread. Cheeky bastard :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Another sligo man, welcome. Not too many of us about.
    Have fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

smashey wrote:
    So, you were born in Derry, grew up in Lifford and you now live in Ballyshannon. Let me guess, were both of your parents teachers? :D Also, did one of your children have a picture published recently in one of those kiddies' mags?

I think I know who you are.

Well hello there E. you are of course correct in your assumption. must send ya a copy of a pic i took of all us bunch in the horseshoe in many many years ago. I'll catch up for a chat when I am up home next.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Okay D. I will hold you to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 sligo-man

Hi all, I'm from Sligo town. Some of ye may know me as sligoman on foot.ie and others wont have a clue:D.

Had to use a "-" in my name on here as sligoman was already taken:(.

Welcome aboard.

• Advertisement

Indeed, always good to have fellow Sliogo men about!

Sliogo men
    ???? ;)

It's a term we have in Sligo. I don't think outsiders would get it. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

Born in a wee place just outside Letterkenny now live in Bonnie Scotland. I'm hoping to have good times conversing with you all, being a newbie be go easy!!!! :)

Madam wrote:
    Born in a wee place just outside Letterkenny now live in Bonnie Scotland. I'm hoping to have good times conversing with you all, being a newbie be go easy!!!! :)
    A scotch Patricia in other words :D

Welcome aboard and enjoy the craic (when its available):rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭WunderFull

I shall remain nameless. But bear in mind I love you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dom40

hi dom40 here just joined im originaly from ballybofey now living in england like to keep up to date with whats happening in the NW

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

dom and wunderful (a bit late i know) welcome to the North West.

Have fun

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Frisian

Moin, moin. (As we say in Friesland)
    A true Friesian here, now losht in the Leitrim shticks. Dromahaire area.
    From the boglands of Germany to the boglands of Ireland. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Another Leitrim person. That makes it about five or six. :D Welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

Xiney here. Canadian, currently living in Montreal but moving to Sligo this summer with the husband. So I suppose I'm getting ahead of myself by a few months posting here but I'd really like to know as much as possible before arriving and inevitably making a fool of myself with my North American accent and so on.

Oh, how I will be teased :(

Also need to arrange several things before arriving and get some tips on job seeking etc.

Welcome to the NW forum Xiney and hopefully you will enjoy posting here.

Post up any questions you may have before flying "over the water" to Sligo and although we dont have too many regular posters here we will however do our best to get you a few replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

I can't believe I never saw this thread before even though I've posted threads of this board and I'm a regular reader. I'm John, born and rared in the broadband-free area of west Co. Sligo before meeting Xiney in 2004 and departing for Montreal in 2005 (yes, I'm "the husband").

I convinced her to look for some information here as I'm about as good as a Canadian Immigration official (little inside joke).

Example:
    Her: "What would be the best areas to rent an apartment in Sligo Town?"
    Me: ".......Cartron?" *only know of this from friends who lived there when i went to I.T. Sligo. I lived at home.

Yeah, I've seen you post here in the past and its good to know that we have Mrs Yeats as a member now :D

We shall breed more members. \o/

Welcome.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

Hi, Tuppence here. Keeping the North leitrim numbers up.However been around. Grew up Sligo studied dublin and worked for years in London but back in one piece. (apart from the odd scrape!). Looking forward to a new start.

Thats 4 Leitrim people here now - half its population :D:D

Welcome tuppence and hope you enjoy posting here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Vivaldian

Just saying hello. I've been in the States for the past seven years (married to a Yank) but we're pretty much decided on moving back to Ireland, and are thinking about the North-West (Donegal most likely).

Nice to see someone returning to the wee island again after a period away.

Welcome to the NW forum and enjoy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Another Donegal person here. Just stumbled across the site and found some good stuff on it. Noticed you guys today. I'm from Donegal originally. Lived in Dublin for about 6 years on and off but back settled in Convoy now. Anyway nice to see a North West thread. Hopefully yous might get around to organising that night out again!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Advertisement