Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Releases 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,502 ✭✭✭bennyl10

I think I called it last night...

To shift things for a second I think there is something really messed up about the PW forum. If you post something that goes against "popular opinion" than its open season and many users like to gang up and have a circle jerk if I am to be honest.

So I called Drake a bitch. Now let's all step back for a second. A random and anonymous internet user called Drake a bitch. Other random and anonymous internet users defend him. We're hardly bringing in new government policies here lads :pac: remember that.

Thought better of my earlier post, temper and emotion got to me

No one is Ganging up on you. There’s just a bit of half a tiny bit of cop.

To question someone masculinity for being upset they were sacked?

No need for that.

To ask when “someone’s balls have dropped” for questioning your course of action?

Even less need

On topic, fair play to Drake; of more people were able to show emotion in that way, maybe things would be a lot better mental health wise!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

To shift things for a second I think there is something really messed up about the PW forum. If you post something that goes against "popular opinion" than its open season and many users like to gang up and have a circle jerk if I am to be honest.

So I called Drake a bitch. Now let's all step back for a second. A random and anonymous internet user called Drake a bitch. Other random and anonymous internet users defend him. We're hardly bringing in new government policies here lads :pac: remember that.

I gave you a gentle reminder in my post above and although some might have not appreciated your bitch comment I didn’t reference that I referenced how you had just responded to a mod of this board by asking them if their balls had dropped or if he ever had any. On any other board I would posit that would have gotten you far worse than a gentle reminder and yet you now think there is something wrong with the PW forum and people are hanging up on you... if you have an issue report it. Do not post on this topic on this thread again or I won’t be so lenient.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

(Mod hat on) The fact you "called it last night" is simply you acknowledging that the stance you hold is one that you know is going to be problematic, but you're going to air it anyway. That you called people disliking your opinion doesn't prove much other than you're at least semi-aware it's an opinion that will cause backlash. Rather than accuse people of ganging up on you, maybe its better to actually wonder why it's such an unpopular opinion in the first place.

(Normal poster hat) At the risk of going off topic, Ireland constantly ranks stupidly high up in the EU suicide rates, and a quick check of figures (albeit from 2018) shows that men account for 8 in 10 suicides in this country. Especially amoung young people, we have a horrific culture where we encourage people, men especially, to bottle up their emotions, blow everything off and don't ever show any sign of being upset about anything.

In the last 12 months, three men my own age within my area have all committed suicide. In every case, it's always met with shock as people go "oh, who knew, he always seemed so happy". It comes as a shock because when men have issues, they aren't only expected not to bring them up, but are lambasted for trying to.

Comments like "May I ask when did your balls drop off? or where you born without them?" are part of that culture. Yes, it's toxic masculinity. It's basically saying anyone who gets upset (even by something massively significantly like having your main source of income, and losing your dream job, stripped away from you as a global pandemic shifts the world's structure) is a woman.

"You may be destroyed on the inside but you don't show it." is an absolutely toxic stance to take. It's that exact stance that causes people to seek extreme measures (substance abuse, emotional damage, and suicidal thoughts), rather than attempt to deal with issues in a healthy and constructive manner.

It is an absolutely poisonous stance to take.

(Anyway, BH has warned you not to post in the thread again, and I wanted to say, this isn't an attack on you as a poster, but a comment about the prevalence of the toxic attitude in general. It's a massive, massive issue within this country and one I won't apologize for calling out....)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Geez, it took a sharp turn here, could Drake have done his release video sans the water works? He quiet possibly could have, but he chose to let it all out (despite what we now know about his situation), even though we all thought at the time he was genuinely gone with the rest of the talent released/furloughed.

People handle bad news about being let go from a job differently, some take it on the chin, some fall to pieces, some are absolutely happy to see the end of their time in X job. Or some combination of the 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

All I've got to say about Maverick is that he pulls some fantastic whinge faces. He needs to be a windy heel like Christian.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Geez, it took a sharp turn here, could Drake have done his release video sans the water works? He quiet possibly could have, but he chose to let it all out (despite what we now know about his situation), even though we all thought at the time he was genuinely gone with the rest of the talent released/furloughed.

People handle bad news about being let go from a job differently, some take it on the chin, some fall to pieces, some are absolutely happy to see the end of their time in X job. Or some combination of the 3.

Yeah who really knows how it is. I'd feel sorry for drake if it was a real firing. All the crazy stuff going on while stuck over in another country potentially worrying about his family as well, then losing your job its enough to send anyone over the edge.

If it's a work which is highly suspected its poor taste. But if its reality I cant see how you wouldnt have sympathy for a bloke in that situation.

Actually remember seeing Rockstar Spud in Birminham he did a kind of run in on Bruce Pritchard talking was quite funny and charming and absolutely ripped one bloke for asking a stupid question it was hilarious. So if he has had to listen to Pritchard at some stage chap has paid his dues.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,184 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Zack Ryder,
    "I'm sitting by the pool with Chelsea, and she has a weird look on her face," Cardona began. "She's checking her phone, and I'm like, 'Babe, what's up?' She's like, 'Uh, someone from WWE asked me if Otis, Mandy Rose, and a camera crew can come here to film a pool scene for SmackDown.' I was shaking in anger. Shaking in anger. You fired me, but you want to use my pool?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I hope he told them to get ****ed

• Registered Users Posts: 28,727 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Probably the pool used for her promo before and save themselves time

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Probably the pool used for her promo before and save themselves time

Yeah, I know Ryder is pissed but the story could equally be spun as "WWE asked current employee Chelsea Green to use her pool to film a segment".

• Advertisement

It's funny to think they go to her/them when I'm sure they're not the only ones with a pool. Though I guess on mostly be current and former NXT roster who have places in Florida.

That video they're running for Slammiversary isn't giving anything away since they have Drake in there.
    Though Deonna debuted this week.
    It's funny what a WWE contract can get you. Any time Deonna was on TNA/Impact before she joined WWE, it was usually in a jobber type role. Now she gets promos and a push

It's funny to think they go to her/them when I'm sure they're not the only ones with a pool. Though I guess on mostly be current and former NXT roster who have places in Florida.

Probably because they thought Ryder would bend over backwards to play ball. Good on him for refusing....assuming he did.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Probably because they thought Ryder would bend over backwards to play ball. Good on him for refusing....assuming he did.

This kinda makes it even worse for me.. since his girlfriend still works for them he probably couldnt without getting her in trouble.. pricks

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

''Gentleman'' Jack Gallagher released following sexual assault accusations, as per Wrestling Inc.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭briany

Omackeral wrote: »
    ''Gentleman'' Jack Gallagher released following sexual assault accusations, as per Wrestling Inc.

"Not such a Gentleman" Jack Gallagher, if those reports are true.

The latest tease from Impact

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

The latest tease from Impact

James Storm?

James Storm?

Will probably be some bull**** like that, for all intents and purposes it sounds like NWA won't be recording again for a long time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

it's quite hilarious that they're leading the OMG IS IT ANGLE but it likely is not angle :p

Sting.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

EC3

They're just using any footage they can to tease. The previous video had Spud. Their Flashback moment was Luke Gallows' debut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭montyrebel

ligero and banks done from nxt uk

Vince's net worth has increased by 10% since the start of the pandemic.
    WWE Chairman Vince McMahon has seen his net worth increase during the coronavirus pandemic, according to an analysis comparing data from Forbes' Billionaires List and Forbes' real-time billionaire estimates.

Per Kaitlyn Krasselt of the Middletown Press, McMahon is currently worth $1.98 billion, which is up nearly 10 percent from where he stood before the pandemic.

In addition to his leading role in WWE, McMahon owned the XFL, but he declared bankruptcy and folded the football league in March when COVID-19 forced him to cut the season short.

Although coronavirus has had a hugely negative impact on most sports and entertainment industries, WWE hasn't been hit quite as hard. Although the company has been unable to run shows with fans, it has still produced weekly television shows and pay-per-view events from the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida.

On the strength of its massive television deals with Fox and NBC Universal for SmackDown and Raw, respectively, WWE reported strong earnings for the first quarter of 2020. WWE reported $291.0 million in revenue and $26.2 million in net income.

WWE came under fire for the decision to make some cuts following WrestleMania 36 in April. WWE released several in-ring performers from their contracts and furloughed employees across multiple departments.

While the move may not have been great from a public relations standpoint, it didn't hamper WWE in terms of remaining profitable during a difficult time for most businesses.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2898238-vince-mcmahons-net-worth-ziggler-talks-raw-trade-charlotte-injury-update

Another tease on Impact this week where we catch the end of Scott D'Amore's call saying
    two good brothers like you will fit in here

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Another tease on Impact this week where we catch the end of Scott D'Amore's call saying
    two good brothers like you will fit in here

Picture with The Bucks online too.... Though that could've been for their Talk'n Shop podcast....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

How Anderson and Gallows keep getting work is baffling.

Anderson is decent, but hes ultimately nothing to write home about. Gallows is shockingly below average. How Gallows ended up in NJPW is beyond me. Then WWE throws money at them despite them having nothing real to offer that they havent got.

Im sure they are both sound guys, but Ive never seen anything of note from either bar the odd singles match Anderson had in NJPW. Fair play to them though, making that money.

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    How Anderson and Gallows keep getting work is baffling.

Anderson is decent, but hes ultimately nothing to write home about. Gallows is shockingly below average. How Gallows ended up in NJPW is beyond me. Then WWE throws money at them despite them having nothing real to offer that they havent got.

Im sure they are both sound guys, but Ive never seen anything of note from either bar the odd singles match Anderson had in NJPW. Fair play to them though, making that money.

I never saw anything special either, but it would of helped if they were used consistently in WWE in the role that comes easiest to them; hired muscle.

Instead they seemed to flip flop between a half hearted legit push and the comedy gimmick.

Advertisement