Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

This weeks Classic foreign bargains that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

i like this r5

• Registered Users Posts: 32,977 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

RobAMerc wrote: »
    i like this r5

Brings back memories of my youth. R5 were a big seller in the day.

Nice looking leather on that example.

Long drive back from Plymouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,625 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1229888

IN mot , can't be so bad.
    Needs work though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭TigerTim

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1229888

IN mot , can't be so bad.
    Needs work though

Would take the MOT with a grain of salt. Could be a lot more rust looking at what's there already.

T.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

TigerTim wrote: »
    Would take the MOT with a grain of salt. Could be a lot more rust looking at what's there already.

T.

Yep once you start digging:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,735 ✭✭✭CoBo55

T.

Grain of salt.. couldn’t have said it better myself..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,263 ✭✭✭jmreire

T.

Rust was probably caused by salt......and what rust you can see is only the tip of the iceberg.....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

I saw 2 UK reg E30 convertibles one after another drive by my house last night, probably fresh off the boat.
    Anyone on here ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,378 ✭✭✭KevRossi

• Advertisement

KevRossi wrote: »
    Worth every penny of £10,000 if it does check out as stated.

I emailed him, low balled him

He came back at 500.00 more than my offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

AFAIK an Irish resident is not allowed to drive a foreign registered vehicle here.

You're not wrong: Finance Act 1997, ref one Bertie Ahern iirc.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

He came back at 500.00 more than my offer.

Ooooh. Are you gonna?

Ooooh. Are you gonna?

Nope, but he'd take 7.5k

Nope, but he'd take 7.5k

What lies can I tell to justify it...

"We don't need a new gaff in 2021" isn't gonna go down well.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,764 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Worth every penny of £10,000 if it does check out as stated.

Not for a 4 door it ain't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Garzard

Lord, this Renault 5 looks nice. £2,400. Lot of effort put into the written part of the ad too.

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1231516

Great little cars and that's a bargain. He's looking for GBP2295 now and offers invited. I'd say he will take GBP1800 or a touch more. If I had a big garage, I'd be very tempted, I have pleasant memories of driving one on a big driving / camping holiday in France about 30 years ago :)

• Advertisement

If took it, it'd be my first car! Beautiful, rare little runaround and only €200 VRT. Being young enough though (mid-20's) and only driving two years, I'd likely be stung heavily with insurance :(

Presuming you are at least 25, there might be options. First Ireland can be quite flexible. If you are say a named driver on your partner's car (or even parents' car maybe?) you might get classic insurance on a classic car. Ring them to find out. Also check out Autoline in the North.

Garzard wrote: »

How is this still for sale?

It's been up there for a good few months now from what I recall.

How is this still for sale?

MOT expired two years ago and the car is not yet 40 years old. Which makes it a rather unattractive proposition for a British buyer

You could bring it in here, but big risk to get the car passed here, might need serious money spending. Even in the best case scenario the car would not be worth more than what you spend on it

That's my reasons, but I'm sure someone will disagree :)

unkel wrote: »
    MOT expired two years ago and the car is not yet 40 years old. Which makes it a rather unattractive proposition for a British buyer

You could bring it in here, but big risk to get the car passed here, might need serious money spending. Even in the best case scenario the car would not be worth more than what you spend on it

That's my reasons, but I'm sure someone will disagree :)

It was mostly rhetorical. :)

Because if that was here it would have been long gone.

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/?_ga=2.189231715.917463542.1591753396-2125338038.1589147081

---

It's done no miles between MOTs as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

Read the Google reviews for Motorhub (the place selling that Corolla), they’re hilarious. It must be the only place in the world where you can buy a £500 Corolla and a £500,000 Lamborghini under the same roof

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

MOT expired two years ago and the car is not yet 40 years old. It's a dull Corolla - they don't do dull Corollas over there. They'd rather spaff the cash on stodgy BL(ARG)* tin.

Which makes it a rather unattractive proposition for a British buyer

FTFY;)

*British Leylard / Austin-Rover Group

Yeah I was going to post my fridge freezer has more soul than a Corolla. But I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

Oops. Look at what you made me do now :o

Yeah I was going to post my fridge freezer has more soul than a Corolla. But I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

Oops. Look at what you made me do now :o

Well I never!

• Advertisement
Advertisement