Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pay as you go guitar lessons

• 23-05-2020 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know anywhere in Dublin that does reasonably cheap pay as you go guitar lessons?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Dunphus

Does anyone know anywhere in Dublin that does reasonably cheap pay as you go guitar lessons?

Hey, I've seen this has gone unanswered. I'm not sure what level you're at, but there are a few guitar schools and music schools in dublin which jump to mind like waltons or the dublin guitar school. If you're looking for something a little less formal, you can go into a local guitar shop and check their message board when they're open. Tesco and some places also have message boards which might have guitar teacher posts up. I've seen a few local instructors ads in my local shops.

My advice for the time being is to try justin guitar.com who is a great online instructor. There are also paid websites as well which are doing discounts at the moment given the circumstances like fender play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Dunphus wrote: »
    Hey, I've seen this has gone unanswered. I'm not sure what level you're at, but there are a few guitar schools and music schools in dublin which jump to mind like waltons or the dublin guitar school. If you're looking for something a little less formal, you can go into a local guitar shop and check their message board when they're open. Tesco and some places also have message boards which might have guitar teacher posts up. I've seen a few local instructors ads in my local shops.

My advice for the time being is to try justin guitar.com who is a great online instructor. There are also paid websites as well which are doing discounts at the moment given the circumstances like fender play.

Are any of them pay-as-you-go?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Check out youtube and look around google, there's plenty of free resources out there. Try teaching yourself, you could be very surprised about what you can achieve and it's not too hard after getting the basics down! Pretty sure you'll find plenty of free apps too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jondoyle

Fender Play is free at the moment and is really good for starting playing and also for intermediates.

Advertisement