Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wireless earphones for runinng

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭codrulz

Agreed, Track runs, and play music from Apple watch which makes things so convenient.

Have Airpod Pros which are faultless. They have never fallen out, great audio and you can switch between noise cancelling, no audio effect and transparency mode which amplifies your surroundings alongside your music.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

FinnC wrote: »
    Does the plastic bit that sits on the back of the neck bounce around or does it protrude much?
    Could you wear a cap or would it get in the way?
    As a follicly challenged runner I have to wear a cap this time of the year or I get an awful roasting up there!

No, but I’ve a fat head :). Even at quicker paces I didn’t notice any annoying movement.

Best safety headphones for me

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭FinnC

Just bought a pair on Amazon for £79. Thanks for the advice.

Just bought a pair on Amazon for £79. Thanks for the advice.

Came yesterday and wore them on a run this morning. So far so good,the sound is better than I was expecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭lulublue22

Came yesterday and wore them on a run this morning. So far so good,the sound is better than I was expecting.

Hi just wondering if they are the trekz air ? I was looking at those in Harvey Normans for 119 euro. 79 would be a great price.

• Advertisement

lulublue22 wrote: »
    Hi just wondering if they are the trekz air ? I was looking at those in Harvey Normans for 119 euro. 79 would be a great price.

Hi yes they are the Air version. They were £99 but Amazon had a £20 discount on them the day I bought them so £79, So got them for about €88 I suppose with the exchange rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Tango Foxtrot

I use Mpow H7.

Cheap, long battery life and the the sound quality is fine. They stay on my head during running just fine.

On the other hand, they are large over the ears type headphones, so may look a bit out of place on a trendy park jog.

Any recommendations for indoor workout where safety isn’t an issue ?

I’d like noise cancelling in ear (preferably hooking around the ear) as my Powerbeats Pro let noise in but are also too big for my ears.

So another consideration would be the size of the in ear part. The smaller the better.

I will gamble on the new EarFun Air but not sure how long I’ll have to wait before they are available for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 pinklilies

Hi Klopparama where did you get the Earfun please? I bought Galaxy Buds Plus, left one stopped charging after a week or two. Bought Jabra Elite Active 75t next, sound was intermittent! Read a recommendation for the Earfun, thinking cheap and cheerful next 🙂

Love the fit and hold of the Galaxy Buds+. Couldn’t make them fall out.

• Advertisement

pinklilies wrote: »
    Hi Klopparama where did you get the Earfun please? I bought Galaxy Buds Plus, left one stopped charging after a week or two. Bought Jabra Elite Active 75t next, sound was intermittent! Read a recommendation for the Earfun, thinking cheap and cheerful next 🙂

Got the ‘EarFun Free’ on Amazon uk. Good deal for buying 2 pairs at the time.

Can’t get the ‘EarFun Air’ yet as they don’t seem to be available.

Still trying to find a pair that are recommended for smaller ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 pinklilies

Thanks a million. The Jabra Elite Active 75t seem to get tremendous reviews for comfort but I thought the Galaxy Buds Plus might be better with Android phone. Didn't love the fit of them so when had to return the Galaxy I thought I'd try the Jabra. Loved the fit of the Jabra but sound was intermittent. Also really liked the buttons on the Jabra, they click in or out when pushed. I think any fault you Google, loads of people have already had it so now I'm convinced Galaxy left buds never charge and jabra sound is always patchy! Ear fun next. Thanks 🙂

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 3,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Myksyk

I have the Jabra Elite Active 65T and they are excellent. They are in-ear so you have to be able to tolerate that and get a good fit. They are passively noise-cancelling and do a serious job of this ... they have a play-through function which turns on a mic so you can hear your surroundings but when running on a back road I just take out the left bud to hear whats going on around me. One fell out once on me when it was pi**ing rain and I was sweating (Galway Bay Half Marathon last year ... horrendous weather). Haven't had that issue since. I use these with a Garmin forerunner 245 Music with spotify .... a brilliant music/podcast running solution.

My wife uses the bone conducting Aftershokz Trekz Air and they too are excellent. I don't hear a thing really from my wife's headphones so not sure about the noise leakage. They are great for running in the city around traffic or on back roads in the country where you want to hear approaching cars or in woods etc where you would rather have good awareness of your environment ... obviously not great for a treadmill session where there is competing music in the room.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,844 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

I use Mpow H7.

Cheap, long battery life and the the sound quality is fine. They stay on my head during running just fine.

On the other hand, they are large over the ears type headphones, so may look a bit out of place on a trendy park jog.

I use these also. They are great value, especially if you have a habit of losing them every so often. Constantly using mine for runs, on walks etc

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Sam the Sham

I have two sets that I use for running:

1) Aftershokz Trekz Air: I use these when I need situational awareness (where there's traffic around). I don't love the sound but find them great for anything spoken word.

2) QCY QS2 in-ear true wireless. These are ridiculously good for the price. They isolate all sound, so I'd only wear them when I'm running in a park with no cars. Even then, you have to turn your head now and again to know who is around you. But the sound quality is great. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32985227564.html

Neither of them cut out significantly when listening from my watch (FR645M).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭BnB

Hi. For any of the Aftershokz owners - Have any of you worn Glasses (Regular or Sunglasses) with them ? Is it possible as both have to sit over your ear (coming from opposite directions..!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

BnB wrote: »
    Hi. For any of the Aftershokz owners - Have any of you worn Glasses (Regular or Sunglasses) with them ? Is it possible as both have to sit over your ear (coming from opposite directions..!!)
    They are fine with sunglasses and don't cause an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,942 ✭✭✭✭event

Yeah no issues for me, I have a few pairs of sunglasses while running and fine with them all.
    I wear glasses when Im not running and use these when walking the dog or jobs in the house, no issues there either

Question that may have been covered on the forum but can’t find anything.

When my feet are hitting the ground I’m hearing a ‘thudding’ in my ear.

Is this because I’m wearing ear buds ?

Do runners normally wear something different to avoid this thudding ?

I like the noise cancellation but the thudding on impact is very annoying.

Can anyone relate ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I have Beats Powerbeats Pro:-

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/audio-and-headphones/headphones/headphones/powerbeats-pro-wireless-bluetooth-sports-earphones-black-10193393-pdt.html

No complaints whatsoever and it pairs with my iphone so I can actually use SIRI at the push of a button on the side to request songs/albums while running. Also takes phone calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Username here

klopparama wrote: »
    Question that may have been covered on the forum but can’t find anything.

When my feet are hitting the ground I’m hearing a ‘thudding’ in my ear.

Is this because I’m wearing ear buds ?

Do runners normally wear something different to avoid this thudding ?

I like the noise cancellation but the thudding on impact is very annoying.

Can anyone relate ?

Just seeing this now.

I know exactly what you're taking about, as I had the same issue myself (with one ear only). I found that different sized sleeves for the buds helped a bit, but it took a different set of buds altogether before it was completely gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

I have Beats Powerbeats Pro:-

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/audio-and-headphones/headphones/headphones/powerbeats-pro-wireless-bluetooth-sports-earphones-black-10193393-pdt.html

No complaints whatsoever and it pairs with my iphone so I can actually use SIRI at the push of a button on the side to request songs/albums while running. Also takes phone calls.

Have these also but recently finding that one of the earphones sound as if not syncing. It's happened to both sides. Have you any experience of this and how to solve, i do love them otherwise, especially for calls

Just seeing this now.

I know exactly what you're taking about, as I had the same issue myself (with one ear only). I found that different sized sleeves for the buds helped a bit, but it took a different set of buds altogether before it was completely gone.

Thanks for reply.

Did you go bigger or smaller buds to reduce the thudding sound ?

I have tried that, a little, with the AirPods Pro but not noticing any great difference. I’m only using the 3 sizes that came in the box.

Should I be buying different sized buds elsewhere ? The connection of rubber to earbud looks quite unique in the AirPods Pro so might be hard to find.

Birdsong wrote: »
    Have these also but recently finding that one of the earphones sound as if not syncing. It's happened to both sides. Have you any experience of this and how to solve, i do love them otherwise, especially for calls

Not sure if I understand but one thing I’ve read in a few places is that once initially paired ALWAYS take out and place the RIGHT one first. Then place in the left one.

Hope that makes a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

klopparama wrote: »
    Not sure if I understand but one thing I’ve read in a few places is that once initially paired ALWAYS take out and place the RIGHT one first. Then place in the left one.

Hope that makes a difference.

Thanks for that will give it a go

Advertisement