Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A/R TT....Round 2 - 1 mile TT, Saturday May 30th *** please read post #1 ***

1272829303133»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Tipptatlers

healy1835 wrote: »
    I suggest a 10 Mile TT on July 4th. This may or may not fit in with a certain posters training plans :) I'll volunteer to organise if there's enough interest...

I think the 5k and 1 mile were doable for most but I think 10 miles might be a bit much. People would be more inclined to sign up to a 4 or 5mile TT. Just my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

I think the 5k and 1 mile were doable for most but I think 10 miles might be a bit much. People would be more inclined to sign up to a 4 or 5mile TT. Just my opinion.

Plans are being hatched :D

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭MrSkinny

Before this thread wraps up I'd just like to say a belated thank you to the organisers and well done to all those who took part, particularly those who had never raced a mile before and hopefully enjoyed being taken outside their comfort zone. :D

Personally I find these TTs a real godsend to keep things going. I got really invested in the 5k one but this time, even though I have a soft spot for middle distance and had voted for the mile option in the poll, running motivation had been quite low during the previous fortnight and last week I seriously considered pulling the plug on the TT and just not bother. In the end, however, I couldn't let a race entry go to waste and went through with it. My time was disappointing but the enjoyment I got out of 'race day' seems to have re-ignited the flame and I'm hoping the running mojo will creep back in.

What's more, also as a direct result of the TT, I've decided to top up the base for the rest of June then get stuck into a middle-distance training block for the following 2 or 3 months and see how I get on. Something I've been wanting to do for a while and never seemed to find the right time for with all the other races on the calendar, but now there's plenty of time. Gulp ... no going back now that I've said it out loud. Fingers crossed I can stick with it. :)

Here's to the virtual community on here that makes these events what they are, and looking forward to the next one. Oh ... and donation made.

Advertisement