Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NXT UK Takeover: Dublin - Show finally cancelled

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The past 2 weeks have been old matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Things wont return to normal for a long time. Without a vaccine, it wont be realistic to have a typical wrestling event. Social distancing will be part of our life for the rest of the year at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

Lord TSC wrote: »
    There's a few hurdles, I guess.

I really can't see big events like this being allowed this year. They've already extended the ban on till September, and I'd be surprised if that doesn't get extended on till about Xmas.

I've also worries about NXT UK in general; I'd worry Vince could scrap the idea of a UK brand from a financial side of things if they can't run shows.

All of that is presuming people will feel safe to go.

Sigh. I hope everything is "better" by then, but unless we take super strict measures (as in, shutting the border to non-essential travel, and focusing on just getting Ireland back to normal without risking new infections getting in), I'm rather pessimistic about this.

nordie here so not up to date with this, where was this published etc, off topic but for the MCR gig in June i have a ticket for, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭bennyl10

montyrebel wrote: »
    nordie here so not up to date with this, where was this published etc, off topic but for the MCR gig in June i have a ticket for, thanks
    Government announced on Tuesday,
    All promoters are working to reschedule summer gigs

No refund until promoter has given ticketmaster clarification on cancel or new date..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭showpony1

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Without a vaccine, it wont be realistic to have a typical wrestling event.

no certainty of a vaccine, you think there may never be a wrestling show in ireland again?

• Advertisement

showpony1 wrote: »
    no certainty of a vaccine, you think there may never be a wrestling show in ireland again?

Its so uncertain what will happen in the long term future. Experts predicting a stronger second wave by autumn and into the winter. We arent even past this intial wave yet. Its very hard to speculate what the future holds.

I cant see a lockdown being ended or even partially lifted by May 5th.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Its so uncertain what will happen in the long term future. Experts predicting a stronger second wave by autumn and into the winter. We arent even past this intial wave yet. Its very hard to speculate what the future holds.

I cant see a lockdown being ended or even partially lifted by May 5th.

I can.

Very partially limited with certain businesses allowed open, construction sites open and certain WFH restrictions lifted with BIG regulations.

Having said that - events of any size (or pub openings) aint happening any time soon. I also can't see any gig going ahead that have been rescheduled for this year

I can.

Very partially limited with certain businesses allowed open, construction sites open and certain WFH restrictions lifted with BIG regulations.

Having said that - events of any size (or pub openings) aint happening any time soon. I also can't see any gig going ahead that have been rescheduled for this year

In one way I can see it. Plenty of pressure to reduce the lockdown esp with the economy going to **** and unemployment rising among other factors.

On the other side while we have flattened the curve some what, we havent the testing capability to have an accurate picture of how many are infected and thus any relaxation of restrictions could have a negative effect.

Id rather see the lockdown continue currently to be cautious. But it all depends on the public health advice given in the coming days.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,763 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

So sad should be on route too Dublin now

Social distancing required at events from August

This won’t be going ahead as planned anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

And if/when it's cancelled we won't be getting a full refund

Ticketmaster changed their T&C's recently so that you won't be refunded the service charges on cancellation of an event, what else can you expect from them tbf they're just the worst

And if/when it's cancelled we won't be getting a full refund

Ticketmaster changed their T&C's recently so that you won't be refunded the service charges on cancellation of an event, what else can you expect from them tbf they're just the worst

They’ve never refunded service charges, at least they weren’t last year

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

Yeah TM never did, I be honest I be more shocked if they did. I think they should just cancel it now and give us the refund.

prob wont be going ahead on Oct 25th but if it is it could be a great weekend as its the Oct bank holiday

Becky Lynch wont be on the card but they still fit Finn Balor there. Could be some DX apperence ((Trips and HBK will be backstage anyway) or something added to boost sales

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

PTH2009 wrote: »
    prob wont be going ahead on Oct 25th but if it is it could be a great weekend as its the Oct bank holiday

Becky Lynch wont be on the card but they still fit Finn Balor there. Could be some DX apperence ((Trips and HBK will be backstage anyway) or something added to boost sales

No guarantee HHH or HBK would be backstage. They are behind the scenes at NXT USA not NXT UK.

Loughc wrote: »
    No guarantee HHH or HBK would be backstage. They are behind the scenes at NXT USA not NXT UK.

If I was to guess I'm sure they are for the bigger events

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭the eternal struggler

If I was to guess I'd say this event will not be happening, nor will OTT's 6th anniversary show.

The whole brand seems in a little bit of a mess atm. Inevitably the TV tapings for July in Glasgow have been cancelled and its unclear if they will actually tape any episodes before Dublin or if Dublin is even going ahead

• Registered Users Posts: 60,283 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

No way they will be touring internationally this year anyway and more than likely well into next year.

Also no way it would be financially worth it to them with any brand the only place that it would be is for the Saudi's who have already paid them to be there.

No way they will be touring internationally this year anyway and more than likely well into next year.

Also no way it would be financially worth it to them with any brand the only place that it would be is for the Saudi's who have already paid them to be there.

This isn’t international though, it would be wrestlers primarily based in the UK and Europe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,283 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

bennyl10 wrote: »
    This isn’t international though, it would be wrestlers primarily based in the UK and Europe

There is going to be 14 day quarantines throughout Europe for the next who knows so do you think they will have shows for one night where wrestlers will have to quarantine for 14 days either side of a show flying around Europe.

There is going to be 14 day quarantines throughout Europe for the next who knows so do you think they will have shows for one night where wrestlers will have to quarantine for 14 days either side of a show flying around Europe.

most places in Europe dont have the 14 day quarantine anymore, and by October the quarantine should be almost non existent

that being said, social distancing will be a death nail into this

bennyl10 wrote: »
    most places in Europe dont have the 14 day quarantine anymore, and by October the quarantine should be almost non existent

that being said, social distancing will be a death nail into this

This was announced in Feb 2020 and its looking like it wont happen til after Feb 2021, if not at all

Look ill get the ticket money back and wont have to spend money on hotels but on the other hand be nice to look forward too something in the very near future

why do the likes of over the top rope wrestling announce revised dates when any kind of 500-2000 crowd of people sitting on top of each other won't be allowed? would they not just wait and see if things actually will be allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭the eternal struggler

There won't be a show or concert of any kind in this country until well into 2021 there certainly won't be a wrestling show in 2020.

showpony1 wrote: »
    why do the likes of over the top rope wrestling announce revised dates when any kind of 500-2000 crowd of people sitting on top of each other won't be allowed? would they not just wait and see if things actually will be allowed.

If they cancel I woukd imagine refunds will be due. Revised dates mean they can hold the money until the new date. If in the future, the date isnt suitable it can be rescheduled again.

Thats my understanding, but its more of a guess to be honest.

There won't be a show or concert of any kind in this country until well into 2021 there certainly won't be a wrestling show in 2020.

While I agree there won’t be in 2020, it isn’t be too far into 2021, we’re seeing crowds start to appear already elsewhere , the virus is well on the decline

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Its really going to depend on how bad the second wave is. Flus tend to spread badly in the winter anyway.

I'd imagine if a second wave does hit, while a lot of shops will stay open, big gatherings would be the first to go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

There’s wrestling shows with fans and reduced capacity being run in Japan as of next month, so I wouldn’t rule out the possibility. But anything maximum capacity without social distancing in place seems unlikely. Still, there’s been a trend towards facemasks with research being done to see whether wearing them could remove the need for social distancing. And it’s a long way until October when you consider that the difference between now and then is greater than the entire of lockdown has been so far and how much things have changed in that short space of time.

The truth is we have no idea, there’s just no way any of us can credibly speculate. Even talk of second waves is premature, that notion only exists because there was a second wave of Spanish Flu. But this is a completely different virus with its own rules that we don’t fully understand yet.

As for why OTT are advertising, the simple answer is that they’re a business and they have to try make plans with what info they have. If, on October 1st, the government states “mass gatherings okay again with facemasks”, it’s not possible to run a stadium shows on a month’s notice. They need to give notice to book a venue, need to sell tickets to pay for it, need to know interest levels to be able to book talent and so on. I think everyone knows the possibility and I’m sure OTT are operating with that fully in mind. And they’ve given refunds anytime before when shows are cancelled so everyone feels safe in buying tickets too.

• Advertisement

The UK takes over Dublin shirt is on WWE Euroshop now

Advertisement