Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Moving

Options
  • 17-04-2020 5:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Before all this terrible Corvid 19 struck we purchased an isolated cottage in Leitrim with a view of moving back to be near elderly parents who are currently self-isolating but very scared.
    We are currently in Wales UK but need to leave here in the next few weeks.
    What's the craic?
    Here in Cymru, anyone not local is treated with suspicion. Second homeowners are being stopped by the Police and sent packing. Where we are is a Tourist area but outsiders are definitely not welcome. We don't want to come to our new home bringing any ill-feeling. I just cannot believe the change that's happened in such a short time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Whereabouts in Leitrim? Did you meet any of your new neighbours to be prior to this?:D Surely some would know that you're there to live near parents, can your parents just mention it to the locals so they know there'll be new faces about?

We're not all suspicious, just a little wary! Like if i seen two new people about day after day I'd be wondering where they came from as most communities in the sticks here would be very tight & everyone knows everyone etc. But if I knew some new folks were moving in, great, no problem, be happy to welcome them in!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Clodi

Thank's for the reply, we decided it'll be best to stay put locally to the property we sold by renting for 6 months. Hopefully the situation will improve by the time we have to move, can't wail.
    Stay well

Advertisement