Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

MandM Direct - Wrong Delivery

• 28-09-2020 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

Quick-ish one.

I've used M&MDirect a bit, without any real issue, until...

Made a purchase recently though. Paid about €90 for goods & express delivery included.

Received the complete wrong order, different invoice etc, but my name/address.
    They told me in order to refund/replace I'd to mail the incorrect items back to them, and they'd offer whichever I preferred.

So, I've done that and a month later, nothing. They've not received the goods back. I contacted An Post with the order reference for the parcel I sent, and they've no current details of it, but just stated they'd investigate.

Regardless of M&M not having proof of delivery of the parcel I sent, is it not clear they've not held up to their end. Do I have any right to hound them for a full refund?

I'm now down the cost of the goods I never received, the express delivery charge that didn't deliver the right goods, and the An Post parcel fee for returning the goods.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Did you follow the returns process? did you retain your receipt as proof as you were required? Did you get the optional insurance?

if you followed procedure you are in a far stronger position than if you did not. It is possible you could initiate a chargeback against M&M if they fail to look after you. If you can show you do have the receipt for shipping it should be a very straightforward case.
    How do I return an item?

You can return your item(s) via your local Post Office. To do this, all you need to do is:

Complete the returns slip included with your order and place in your parcel
    Peel off the printed returns address label at the bottom of your advice note and securely attach it to your parcel.
    Take your parcel to your nearest Post Office and ask for the standard parcel delivery service. We would advise you take out additional insurance if the contents of your parcel exceed €20 to ensure you are fully compensated if your parcel goes missing.
    Please make sure you ask for and retain your receipt as proof of your return, MandM Direct can’t be held responsible for any items that may be damaged or go missing in transit.

Please note, returns postage will only be refunded if the goods are faulty or were sent incorrectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Did you follow the returns process? did you retain your receipt as proof as you were required? Did you get the optional insurance?

if you followed procedure you are in a far stronger position than if you did not. It is possible you could initiate a chargeback against M&M if they fail to look after you. If you can show you do have the receipt for shipping it should be a very straightforward case.

I'm thinking I didn't opt for registered post on the returns parcel
    Did retain the receipt, but there's nothing relating to tracking the parcel because it's not registered. So maybe I am screwed.
    Also didn't opt for insurance. So doubly screwed if it's gone missing. (Sent three weeks ago)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

I'm thinking I didn't opt for registered post on the returns parcel
    Did retain the receipt, but there's nothing relating to tracking the parcel because it's not registered. So maybe I am screwed.
    Also didn't opt for insurance. So doubly screwed if it's gone missing. (Sent three weeks ago)

sorry, you're goosed. happened me before. as well as registered post you need to declare the value of the package for the insurance

Advertisement