Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Capital Gains Tax Query on Property

Options
  • 27-09-2020 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I am about to complete on the sale of a property early this coming week that I have in Ireland at €72,000. I am not resident and live in the UK. Based on calculations, there is no capital gains tax to pay. However, our Irish Solicitor informs me that I must complete a CG1 form and send it to them prior to any funds being released.

I have looked at the revenue.ie site and it only holds a 2019 form.

Can I please seek some guidance on what form I must complete and must the filling out of the form be approved by the revenue.ie before sending to my solicitor before any funds can be released?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,194 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

as the 2019 form is not bar coded, you could print off the 2019 and just change the 19 to 20

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dantara

Thanks Calahonda52 that was the only thought that I had. I wonder though do I need to have it approved and accepted by Revenue.ie before presenting to my solicitor?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,194 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Dantara wrote: »
    Thanks Calahonda52 that was the only thought that I had. I wonder though do I need to have it approved and accepted by Revenue.ie before presenting to my solicitor?

I don't know

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 1991hun

Hi Dantara

I recommend that you submit the Form CG1 and send proof of submission to your solicitor. That should suffice considering there is no CGT to actually discharge.

Advertisement