Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Beautiful song to remind us why we are Christian

• 30-06-2013 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

http://gloria.tv/?media=7177

No matter what trials we go through or what persecution we may endure we must always remember what Christ our Lord did for us on the cross.

"Father forgive them they know not what they do. I hear you pray for those who torture you."

God Bless.

PS. The video acompanying this beautiful song contains some images from the crucifixion, which some may describe as graphic. I believe all Christians share in the life, death and resurrection of Christ and images like these help us come closer to our Lord and to better understand our faith.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭georgieporgy

A few more threads like this and we might see a return of Christians to the forum.
    Good post Indy and the accompanying video clip isicon14.pngicon14.pngicon14.png

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

It is a lovely song, but a little NSFW due to the graphic images so might what to give that warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭indy_man

Manach wrote: »
    It is a lovely song, but a little NSFW due to the graphic images so might what to give that warning.

Advise taken I made an update to the OP, thanks. Glad you like this song.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Indescribable by Chris Tomlin. One of my favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

I have a soft spot for Agnus Dei :)

• Advertisement

Beautiful, thank you. Here are a few more I like.

Here I am Lord

I'm the Lord of sea and sky, I have heard my people cry......

Miserere Mei, Deus

Sound of Silence

Anyone have more, our Christian faith has so much amazing and beautiful music.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

John Tavener - The Protecting Veil:

Also by Tavener - As One Who Has Slept

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Ahh Benny, a man after me own heart. Cant beat Tavener except maby a bit of Tallis

• Registered Users Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭lmaopml

The Magnificat is one of my absolute favourites :)

...by the way, it's really nice to see you posting LadyChuckles - welcome back.

• Advertisement

Also, a little more up to date, but I really love the melody of 'Gabriel's Oboe', I play the Tin whistle, but my real love is the sound of the Oboe or Clarinet, and to play either is on my bucket list :) - it was the theme tune of the movie 'The Mission' which is a really cool movie too.

Having a little praise session here by myself.

On the subject of praise..

Psalm 150
    1 Alleluia! Praise God in his holy place, praise him in the heavenly vault of his power,
    2 praise him for his mighty deeds, praise him for all his greatness.
    3 Praise him with fanfare of trumpet, praise him with harp and lyre,
    4 praise him with tambourines and dancing, praise him with strings and pipes,
    5 praise him with the clamour of cymbals, praise him with triumphant cymbals,
    6 Let everything that breathes praise Yahweh. Alleluia!

Also, I really love this.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭onlinenerd

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭SonOfAdam

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Ave Maria: link.

Gaudete : link.

Orthodox Hymn:link.

Not necessarily Christian, albeit with Latin lyrics, but epic :
    Globus - Preliator (Lisbeth Scott) Live:

The Prayer of Saint Francis.

Embedded

Same Linked
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOvQLMfppN8

This is a recent release by some 'Nuns' believe it or not - It's doing really well in the charts too, and not only bought by Catholics or even Christians, it's nuns singing without music who were recorded in quiet and discovered in providence singing in worship...

It's lovely - this is the Advent version of just one song acapalla by these particular nuns - there is a new recording now called 'Angels and Saints of Ephesus' and it's lovely too.

It's nice to know that when nobody else is aware that people are singing, that some who dedicate their lives are still singing - and this is an example of one group of Benedictines at a point in time - it's nice to get an insight into what seems like a restricted life of a person who decides to be a nun....

I think I understand better - gosh, they are lovely.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Porthos

I happen to like this Islam-Christian version of Ave Maria

There is a meeting place between those who are Islamic and those who are Christian and that is at the remains of the house of Mary at Ephesus, where Christians and those who are Islam in faith meet in giving honor - to honor a blessed lady.

I think that's pretty cool, that both call her blessed. The first Christian was our blessed Mother, and also honoured by apparently those we misunderstand in so many ways..

It's nice to know that there is a meeting point - and it doesn't surprise me that Our Lady a mere human plays that role.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

lmaopml wrote: »
    There is a meeting place between those who are Islamic and those who are Christian and that is at the remains of the house of Mary at Ephesus, where Christians and those who are Islam in faith meet in giving honor - to honor a blessed lady.

I think that's pretty cool, that both call her blessed. The first Christian was our blessed Mother, and also honoured by apparently those we misunderstand in so many ways..

It's nice to know that there is a meeting point - and it doesn't surprise me that Our Lady a mere human plays that role.

I like this and the song, a wise priest once told me of the reverence many Muslims especially muslim women have for Our Lady. It is nice to see some strands of unity in this time of division we live in. Of course there is no true unity except that through Jesus Christ, but no harm promoting whatever bit does exist.

same linked:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-vlb9w8SSY

• Registered Users Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

I like powerful pieces :)

I was actually in a choir of 100 people singing Mozart's Requiem in an old church once. Not a seat was empty. Oh, what a magnificent (magnificent doesn't even cover it, but I don't know any other word to describe it with) feeling that was :)

I listened more to Karl Jenkins after that amazing Benedictus posted earlier.

This sounds almost like a Triumphant return.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Geomy

I have been meaning to post this for a while. Two versions.

• Advertisement

Advertisement