Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭MrsA

I sat at the top of the stairs with my 22 month old today as we are still practising the coming down stairs safely thingy, he looked up at me and said "Ready, Steady, Go"

His younger brother sneezed and he said "Bless you"

He makes me smile a lot

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Not something she did really but she got her first tooth this morning :D So proud lol

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭rosepetal

My 8 yr old was drawing in a book called 'oodles of dodles' where part of a picture is drawn with a caption and the kid has to draw what they think will happen next. Anyway he was on this picture of a man sitting on a sofa looking up at a big hole in the ceiling and the caption was 'what came through the ceiling'. He drew a star wars battle droid and I just cracked up laughing because of all the things I would ever expect to see coming through my ceiling , a battle droid is not one:D
    Made my day anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭TargetWidow

Little 4.5 yr old friends son who likes to play with my 19mth daughter made me laugh into my sleeve today. He started school this year and is fascinated with what age he will be and what class he will be in when my daughter is starting school etc. "How big will I be when Molly starts school?" "Um, well you are 3 years older than her and she is one and a half so when she is starting school you will be 7 and a half." "Wow thats old, what class will I be in then, will I be making my Credit Union?"

And later.... "When Molly is making her Credit Union, how old will I be then?" "Molly won't be making her Holy Communion sweetie, you know how you go to mass every Sunday? that means you are a Catholic and only Catholics make their Holy Communions and Molly doesn't go to mass and she is not a Catholic." "Oh no. Poor thing. Was she born that way?" !!!:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

My emotionally challenged 7 year old with a lifetime of coping, emotional & psych problems told me he loved me for the 1st time in years.

Was nearly cracking the champagne out !! ( Believe me a HUGE HUGE development)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

Extract from tonight’s dinner conversation with my 5-year-old

Her: Dad, I can spell beer, will I tell you?
    Me: Yes, tell me
    Her: D-U-F-F

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

The wee man started to walk! :D

Oh yes and my step daughter commented to me today about the intricacies of moving between two households. "I can't help being so popular" LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭PullOutMethod

Was getting my 2-yr old daughter ready for the creche this morning.
    D: "I don't want that coat, I want the red one".
    Me: "Ok, here's the red one with the fur" as I helped her on with the coat.
    As she zipped it up she goes:
    "Its com-fort-able"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭MelissaLahive

This morning my son asked me if I could stop having babies because my daughter spilled ribena on his favourite cushion!

DD 20mths has come to work with me every Saturday since she was 5mths old. We usually have exactly the same customers every Saturday so she is well known and has come to know most of the customers names which she is quick to use to say hello and goodbye to them. Both myself and the customer in question nearly wet ourselves when she had clearly forgotten one woman's name and said "goodbye darling". :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭Darthhoob

i was trying to explain to my 7 year old that huskys were not wolves but a breed of dog that still look like wolves. and that ALL dogs are BRED from wolves. generation after generation....etc

he then asked me if they are bred, can they be eaten and do they make good sandwiches :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato
    Restaurant at the End of the Universe

A couple of weeks ago I was giving our 20 month old some cough medicine (ok not really medicine but that homeo-whatsit stuff with honey and lemon, so maybe the honey and lemon would do some good... anyway)

Now mammy did warn me that this stuff was very runny - not like the Calpol or Nurofen that you'd nearly have to heat over a flame to get it into the spoon. So I was warned, but I still managed to spill it onto her grobag, this stuff is a yukky brown colour as well.

Herself looked at me, looked down disapprovingly, looked me in the eye again and said:

"DADDY DID THAT"

It took a while but I don't mind. How does my body look in this light?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭l3m0n5

When I was giving out to my 18 month old for throwing a cup he started winking at me (both eyes) until I smiled then he gave me a hug. He has me wrapped around his little finger.

ninja900 wrote: »

Herself looked at me, looked down disapprovingly, looked me in the eye again and said:
    "DADDY DID THAT"

Wouldn't they hang you! :D

DD 21mths was singing her teddy to sleep tonight and I could hear her on the monitor.... singing "Turkey Time" to the tune of Chuggington, then pretending her teddy was crying and saying " 's ok Teddy, no cry, 's ok" over and over so soothingly. Was bawling on the couch.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

They both bawled at the dr who finale, thier Dr is gone replaced by a new one and they were both sad and we all hugged and cried, talked through it and they have gone to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭2SWEET

My five year old told me she was colouring in a wigmawam:D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 3,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Myksyk

As if to justify getting medicine for a chest infection from her GP this morning my 20 month old daughter kept calling me and then doing fake little coughs. You can't get enough of those small little smile moments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Said "thank you mommy" for the first time without having to be reminded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

The wee man pretending to do weightlifting with a set of lego wheels - priceless! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Princessa

My 9 week old did a huge, loud fart. i laughed and told her she was a dirty girl and she smiled up at me or like 20seconds as i to say do you think i care... hehe :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Snowman123

My brilliant 9 and a half month old taking his first steps!

I put him against the door held out my arms and asked him to come to Mammy. Instead he decided he wanted the phone on the couch and took 5 proper steps alone and got it himself. So proud!!!!

She sang a song tonight at bedtime that I wrote especially for her the night she was born, called The Molly Song. I didn't know she knew it all. I usually sing it for her at bedtime and tonight she joined in. I am here with tears streaking down my face to have heard her sing about how wonderful and calm and bright she is.:D

Addison took her first steps on Saturday unaided or un cheered along (not a word!). She was pushing her ride along car around the room and just let go and walked over to the sofa. I was sitting on the sofa in tears, didn't want to shout "hurray!!!" in case I scared her and she fell lol. She's been proudly walking around the room since! Hasn't ventured further yet though!

She also now officially has eight teeth, two bottom and six top all in a row! So cute!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

After the fourth day of unsuccessful potty training he asked if he could put on a pamper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

14mth old decided 3yr old was not getting up fast enough after their nap so she went out to the kitchen pulled some underpants from the laundry basket (clean!) and brought them in to her brother. Only problem was they were daddys!

The unborn one was playing games with Daddy last night. Would kick in one place and then when himself put his hand to feel the next kick it would kick in a completely different place. Went on for about half an hour. Was hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Ok, so its wind but it cracked me up :D

DSC02865.jpg

It was hilarious the first time I saw it Chet and it's still hilarious now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

I've never read this thread before.... brings me back !
    Mine are a lot later on in their childhood but today...
    My daughter 11 stood up to a girl who has been picking on her very timid friend.
    My son 15 stood by his friend who has "come out", despite getting hassle from his classmates.
    Today I am feeling very proud of both of them :)

Advertisement