Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Paid Survey sites - Irish Opinions, Acumen, RedC etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

RoYoBo wrote: »
    Anyone else struggle with the Acumen surveys that asks about great food or drink advertisements and good promotional deals? I don't pay any attention to ads on TV, so never can come up with a good one when asked.

Still, Acumen is my favourite survey company and I make the most from them. I have 100 in TK Maxx vouchers squirreled away since March for Xmas now.

I must be completely in the wrong demographic for RedC now as I rarely get any surveys from them - and then get eliminated from them more often than not. I only manage to get roughly 1 x 50 in a year now!

I just say "none" on the Acumen survey and the survey progresses. I get it every couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    I just say "none" on the Acumen survey and the survey progresses. I get it every couple of months.

I try to remember/recall at least one in an effort to be useful - it's often the same one though every time.

The only good ad I can remember recently is the one where kids are playing football and lost by a massive number of goals, but the manager is full of praise for them and says any other team would have lost by even more. I just can't recall what product is actually being advertised! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭sunbeam

I couldn't think of any either. I always find answering questions about ads tough as I only watch tv on my laptop and don't see many of them.

I'm lucky to get 100 Euro from RedC in a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

sunbeam wrote: »
    I couldn't think of any either. I always find answering questions about ads tough as I only watch tv on my laptop and don't see many of them.

I'm lucky to get 100 Euro from RedC in a year.

I don’t watch regular tv either and use an add blocker so I never see any adverts, doesn’t have any impact on surveys

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭shashaela

Are there still people in here that work with MTurk? I haven't seen any posts on it since last year and I'm wondering how does it work regarding tax? If you or your spouse have a part - time job and in receipt of Working Family Payment , I'm assuming everything must be declared as they request your PPS number (I think!) , does this mean that you're self employed and no longer entitled to WFP??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,567 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The tax situation of all of these things is a bit unknown; a lot of the surveys and so on are considered (by the company - possibly not by Revenue!) as gifts and nobody is going to breach the gift limit (3k a year from one source) on them, but MTurk could be considered work.

You would need to speak to a tax advisor about that - this is far too important to take advice online about.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭shashaela

L1011 wrote: »
    The tax situation of all of these things is a bit unknown; a lot of the surveys and so on are considered (by the company - possibly not by Revenue!) as gifts and nobody is going to breach the gift limit (3k a year from one source) on them, but MTurk could be considered work.

You would need to speak to a tax advisor about that - this is far too important to take advice online about.

Thanks L1011. I didn't know the others were considered as gifts, which Mturk could possibly fall into if you accepted the amazon vouchers/credits instead of cash. (?)
    I haven't signed up for anything yet, just seeing what different options are out there and any implications they might have. Would love to hear other peoples experience though with MTurk.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Abiya041

Has anyone had any problems with IO recently. I redeemed an Amazon Voucher yesterday and they usually come immediately but this time I haven't received it yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Abiya041 wrote: »
    Has anyone had any problems with IO recently. I redeemed an Amazon Voucher yesterday and they usually come immediately but this time I haven't received it yet

I redeemed a tesco voucher yesterday and got it nearly straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭thomas anderson.

Jim_Hodge wrote: »
    You can cash out for Amazon vouchers at £5 worth of points but it take me about 5 or 6 weeks to get that. How are you getting 200 points per day?

When I login there are usually a few waiting to be done. It's pretty consistent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Libera

Same - redeemed one on Saturday and no e-mail confirmation or voucher received.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭extrapolate

This happened to me, I got the email confirming my request but no voucher. And then a couple of days ago an email asking me if I enjoyed my voucher, it was from AllGifts for a Tesco voucher. So I clicked the button that said voucher not received.

I logged into Irish Opinions then and the money was back on my account, I requested the voucher again and this time it hit my inbox almost immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Abiya041

Libera wrote: »
    Same - redeemed one on Saturday and no e-mail confirmation or voucher received.

Try requesting the voucher again. That worked for me today

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Libera

Try requesting the voucher again. That worked for me today

Worked today but link didn't at the weekend.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Loubox

The option to redeem via PayPal is back on Triaba if anyone is waiting!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,801 ✭✭✭bmc58

This happened to me, I got the email confirming my request but no voucher. And then a couple of days ago an email asking me if I enjoyed my voucher, it was from AllGifts for a Tesco voucher. So I clicked the button that said voucher not received.

I logged into Irish Opinions then and the money was back on my account, I requested the voucher again and this time it hit my inbox almost immediately.

Just a glitch.These things happen.All's well that ends well.

Loubox wrote: »
    The option to redeem via PayPal is back on Triaba if anyone is waiting!

Claimed a couple of rewards today(again),last time it was sent back to my Triaba accountt..Waiting now to see will it appear in my Pay Pal account

I redeemed a tesco voucher yesterday and got it nearly straight away

These IO E vouchers come to me straight away also.Have a few in store for Christmas (printed them out).Anyone scanned a printed version at Tesco lately? How did it go?Can't see us getting back to the old physical Tesco card anytime soon from IO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

bmc58 wrote: »
    These IO E vouchers come to me straight away also.Have a few in store for Christmas (printed them out).Anyone scanned a printed version at Tesco lately? How did it go?Can't see us getting back to the old physical Tesco card anytime soon from IO.

I’ve used a few, both at self service and serviced checkout, no problems at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

I used 10 Tesco vouchers from Irish opinions the other day, few swipes of the phone at self service and job done no need for printing and wasting paper it’s such a painless procedure
    I have a load for penny’s too but I’m avoiding that place for the foreseeable

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement

I missed out on a €6 survey wow! But my boyfriend got it I’m not jealous at all

From RED C I presume.Long time since I saw a €6 survey from RED C.What was it about?

bmc58 wrote: »
    From RED C I presume.Long time since I saw a €6 survey from RED C.What was it about?

About COVID-19 and politics and holiday a bit of everything

• Registered Users Posts: 9,887 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Thanks for posting that. I don't normally check that late in the evening but it was there.
    Handy start to the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Just got that one and a very handy one it was too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

I'm tempted to delete all my survey accounts and reinvent myself in a new demographic! I can't believe how many surveys some people get. Eg I've received 7 from red c since mid June going by my emails and only accepted for 2. I've opened the emails fairly quickly and my profile is up to date.
    I wonder how I'd get on as say an elderly lady :p

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

123654789 wrote: »
    I'm tempted to delete all my survey accounts and reinvent myself in a new demographic! I can't believe how many surveys some people get. Eg I've received 7 from red c since mid June going by my emails and only accepted for 2. I've opened the emails fairly quickly and my profile is up to date.
    I wonder how I'd get on as say an elderly lady :p

Red C has all but died for me recently - as in the last 12 months or more. Constantly being screened out, even half way through, which is very frustrating. I'm also wondering what demographic is gaining the edge, though as a somewhat 'elderly lady', that doesn't work for me!

There was an older man on here a while back who got phenomenal amounts of surveys across the board with every provider. I think it may also be related to income, location and occupation. Perhaps a 90 year old professional man in D4 with an income in excess of €100k? Probably not too many of those spending their time on €3 surveys. :pac:

About COVID-19 and politics and holiday a bit of everything

Would have loved a crack at that one myself.

RoYoBo wrote: »
    Red C has all but died for me recently - as in the last 12 months or more. Constantly being screened out, even half way through, which is very frustrating. I'm also wondering what demographic is gaining the edge, though as a somewhat 'elderly lady', that doesn't work for me!

There was an older man on here a while back who got phenomenal amounts of surveys across the board with every provider. I think it may also be related to income, location and occupation. Perhaps a 90 year old professional man in D4 with an income in excess of €100k? Probably not too many of those spending their time on €3 surveys. :pac:

My survey invites from RED C have almost gone in the past three months .Used to get 3 or 4(didn't qualify for them all) every week.Now some weeks I get none.Don't understand why?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭SourSessions

bmc58 wrote:
    My survey invites from RED C have almost gone in the past three months .Used to get 3 or 4(didn't qualify for them all) every week.Now some weeks I get none.Don't understand why?

Less companies seeking surveys because of covid, probably

Advertisement